• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Remember earlier in the season when people complained that he couldn't save shots and were scared when he was between the sticks:lol:
I do and I shared that concern. How funny that we're about to put ourselves through this all over again and perhaps this time we won't be so lucky.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It’s all good that some people have a soft spot for Leno but they need to stop hating on Emi Martinez especially as he’s been very patient and hasn’t done a lot wrong during his time here.
I think this has just been in retaliation to so many people on here insulting Leno, who was saving us from being in the relegation zone while Emery was here.

For me its just one of those things, people can cry all they want but at the end of the day this is football. Sometimes you get put in a situation like this and its a sticky one. He's demanding to leave and has all the power considering his contract situation, we cant promise him first team football and we can do with some extra cash. Its just the way it is

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yes obviously players can 'turn it around' but at 28 and around 10 games for the first team for people to be demanding the club keep him and give him a new contract is foolish - that is the exact reason we end up with average players we can't get rid off in the future.
Do people not think if he was that good last season then the club would of selected him over Leno anyway, it took an injury to Leno to force the clubs hand, pretty sure there were reports that even the coaching staff were surprised by his form, i.e, he never shown that ability to them before.
What do we do if this end up like another Walcott situation - where he held the club to ransom over his contract, putting in brilliant performances, eventually signed then we never seen that level from him again? What would we do with Martinez on a 5 year deal, £70K a week sitting on the bench?
Bringing up his loan at Reading is pointless aswel, if we sent Elneny on loan to Wycombe and he looked like peak Xavi in their midfield would people start demanding for him to be a starter for us and not waste money on Partey.

You can’t rule anything out in football. Look at Jamie Vardy, he was a late bloomer and he’s still performing at a high level in the PL plus 28 isn’t even that old for a goalkeeper.

Offering a player a new deal is always going to be a risk but when they’re showing that much quality, you try to persuade the player to stay. We’ve done it with many players over the years and we’re currently doing it with Aubameyang. I’m sure if Aubameyang didn’t perform and was doing average numbers like Lacazette last season then the club would be reconsidering offering him a new deal. Why is Aubameyang getting offered a new deal and Lacazette isn’t?

Also, I don’t get your point of trying to compare his situation with the likes of Walcott etc when Emi Martinez is on 20k a week. It’s hardly a lot of money when Özil is on 350k a week.

Like I said before, you can’t blame Emi Martinez for leaving especially since he’s been guaranteed a first team spot elsewhere and not at the club. We shouldn’t be hating on him for making the best decision for his career.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think this has just been in retaliation to so many people on here insulting Leno, who was saving us from being in the relegation zone while Emery was here.

Agreed. It’s funny that those retaliating are spamming this thread that people are crying etc but they’ve had to resort to being classless and salty with cheap digs at Emi Martinez when they were probably on the Emi train a few weeks back.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The only tears are from the people outraged Emi is being sold :lol:

Im obviously pro Leno but I would have been happy to have both here. Life doesn’t work that way though and to me, it looks like the club tried. He’s a grown man who doesn’t have time to waste, I’m happy for him.

We can all see how he will get on anyways, it’s not like he’s going to Bundesliga or something.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
What makes me sad is I'll smile if Emi concedes a howler, just because some deluded people on here think he's a better than prime Buffon.

Dont be sad because he conceded. Be sad because you're a sad person for even considering that.

Get some help my friend.

Moah

Dont be sad because he conceded. Be sad because you're a sad person for even considering that.

Get some help my friend.
I see I may have went a bit too far and will retract my post, but I see and call things as they are. Some of you deluded lot can go on with your senseless agenda.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Look at Jamie Vardy, he was a late bloomer and he’s still performing at a high level in the PL plus 28 isn’t even that old for a goalkeeper.
For every Vardy you have 99 other players who aren’t late bloomers.

As a business you can’t operate by hoping exceptions become the norm. Yes Emi could be another Vardy but he most probably isn’t and the club have to operate accordingly.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Agreed. It’s funny that those retaliating are spamming this thread that people are crying etc but they’ve had to resort to being classless and salty with cheap digs at Emi Martinez when they were probably on the Emi train a few weeks back.
Yeh I like both of them, I just think that selling Martinez is what we have to do given the situation. I am not surprised he wants to leave for first team football the guy has been a third choice keeper for most of his career, he has a chance of playing for his country now.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

For every Vardy you have 99 other players who aren’t late bloomers.

As a business you can’t operate by hoping exceptions become the norm. Yes Emi could be another Vardy but he most probably isn’t and the club have to operate accordingly.

I’d understand if Emi was 33 years old + but as I mentioned previously 28 isn’t that old for a goalkeeper. Bernd Leno is 28 too.

It will be interesting to see how the club operates and whether we spend 10m+ on David Raya.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There is no point in doing this if we just go and offer £10+m for Raya.

Get someone on the cheap or on loan. The goalkeeper market isn’t an issue.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I’d understand if Emi was 33 years old + but as I mentioned previously 28 isn’t that old for a goalkeeper. Bernd Leno is 28 too.

It will be interesting to see how the club operates and whether we spend 10m+ on David Raya.
So you wanted us to keep both?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

There is no point in doing this if we just go and offer £10+m for Raya.

Get someone on the cheap or on loan. The goalkeeper market isn’t an issue.
It’s still 10M profit? That’s a lot of money you know?!

Think GDeep started this and now everybody’s acting like an extra 10M wouldn’t go a long way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom