• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Obligations to buy are okay for us. Pretty sure we have a decent amount of actual cash in the bank. It's just about spending responsibly.

Yeah, think its more about getting players out of the club. Surley Arsenal can afford a 50odd million net spend this summer.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah, think its more about getting players out of thr club. Surley Arsenal can afford a 50odd million net spend this summer.

I think that's what we have to spend before sales definitely. Bid accepted for Gabriel at like £24M and we bid £32M after that for Aouar.

Wouldn't do that unless we had some cash behind us.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think we bought him for around £25 million, so to get almost all that back would be a great deal for us as we normally take a big loss when selling squad players these days, especially those underperforming.

He hasn't played consistently well for at least a year now, plus he has been constantly talking about leaving during that time too...£22 million would be great.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Says they want to do a loan with an obligation, €12m now and €12m next summer. Why not just buy him in two instalments?

Yeah doesn't make any sense. Must be some reason for it though.

I'm absolutely fine with that deal, £11M to spend now and £11M coming in next summer. Probably spend the whole lot this window though.

Mudi

Probably to do something with the wage of Torreira. By paying this year his arsenal wage, he may take a pay cut next year such that for FFP, Torino is not in problem.

For example: Torreira wants to have a 5 year deal with 50k€/w = 13m€ over his contract (50x52x5). At Arsenal, he gets 80k€/w and signs a 4 year deal afterwards, he will get 42.5k€ over the 4 year to get the 13m€ over the 5 year (80x52 + 42.5x52x4).

It's just financial engineering and reason why clubs would do it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In Article it says they buying him now for 24m euros it's not a loan. I think they talking about loan with obligation to buy about Verdi from Napoli

Ashybashy86

So, after Torreira, we'd still need to shift 4 more players to sign both HA and TP. I say that because we might be signing Rúnarsson.

So, SP, SK, CC and possibly ME or RN out on loan.

Tick, tock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom