• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sead Kolasinac (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
We’re going to end up having to loan out some of these bums while paying most of their wages just to make room in the squad for another couple of signings. Torreira and Sokratis are the only sure things to free up spots. That means we need to get rid of one more to have enough room for Aouar and a GK.

Probably. But as long as we get enough from sales to buy the necessary reinforcements on midfield, don't really care if rest of the surplus players go out on loan or on permanent transfers. In the end, the only thing that matters is that Arteta gets the players he wants in the team and the ones he doesn't want go somewhere else, loan or otherwise. My thinking is we are waiting 'till the end of the window to see if we can make permanent sales and if not, we'll do loans.

Ashybashy86

I think he'd only leave for a club in the BuLi (preferably Shalke), or else happy to sit on his inflated contract.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I thought the minimum requirement was 8 HG players? Surely we'd have to have fewer NHG players?

If you name a squad of 25 a minimum of 8 of them have to be HG, but if it’s under 25 then it doesn’t matter. You can name a squad of 24 and have 7 HG, or a squad of 23 and have 6 HG etc....

Pepesuave

Cedric less so, even though I wasn't keen on signing him permanently.

But making Mari permanent with Saliba and another defender likely on the way the following window was suspect as ****.

Seeing as holding is staying, even with Chambers and Sok leaving, he'll likely be 5th choice if we manage to move to a back four.
The Mari signing isn't as bad as made out here. Timing may not be ideal but the cost is relatively peanuts for a left-footed CB. Luiz on a one-year deal and Sok, Mustafi & Chambers all likely gone this window or next.
Next season we have Saliba, Gabriel, Holding and Mari as our CD choices...defence settled for once in a long time

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
But making Mari permanent with Saliba and another defender likely on the way the following window was suspect as ****.
Like Pep, Mikel really wants two left-footed CB's at the club and Mari was cheap enough. It wouldn't be a huge issue if the club can find a buyer for ****stafi.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Leverkusen still has some of the Havertz money laying around and I believe there was links.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Oh **** I thought this guy was a cert to leave....

Imagine not being able to get a potentially world class CM because we can't shift this oaf.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
That will change when Arteta makes it clear to him there's no place for him here.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Proper poor stuff from Kola.

So if we sign this GK from Iceland we'll need to get rid of three from Mustafi, Sokratis, Torreira and Elneny to sign one midfielder and need to get rid of all four to sign two midfielders.

Could see Mustafi and Sok going considering our numbers at CB. Elneny seems to be in Arteta's plans though...

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Horrendous squad management man.

Now we're filling the non-HG quota with another useless clown in that GK backup.

Baffling.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Proper poor stuff from Kola.

So if we sign this GK from Iceland we'll need to get rid of three from Mustafi, Sokratis, Torreira and Elneny to sign one midfielder and need to get rid of all four to sign two midfielders.

Could see Mustafi and Sok going considering our numbers at CB. Elneny seems to be in Arteta's plans though...

Maybe we could just not register Mustafi? Think he'll only be fit closer to the january window anyway?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The club can be creative with it whatever happens. If he stays they could decide to not register him for the league squad but register him for the UEFA squad (and remove a different non-HG from the Europa squad). That way he plays in the midweek games which is where he might get a game and we can still register a new midfielder and GK for the league squad.

It’s not a big deal really, aside from the fact we have a plumber sitting at home collecting £120k on weekends.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The situation annoys me too, but you can't really blame the player. I wouldn't take a 50% pay cut to change jobs either.

Blame the people who gave him a £100k a week contract. Even coming on a free transfer off the back of a good season he wasn't worth that type of money.

Same situation with Sokratis, how's he on £92k a week? No wonder he's going on a free. Our wage structure has been a shambles for ages.

Time to put transfer values out the window and just get whatever we can for some of these guys. Even if it's a free in some cases, we need to free up squad places. We'll feel much better about the squad once the deadwoods cleared, even if we only get peanuts for them :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom