• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If the reported fee for Torreira are ball park correct, I'll be happy. Good deal. Until it's officially done and dusted I'm not getting my hopes up though. I don't trust these ITK's and Twitter journalists.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We need to activate ruthless mode! Inform Sok and Kola that they will not be registered for the season. If they are still interested in a playing career then they need to get more serious about leaving

Perhaps not in those words... but they should be told they are not in our plans and so won't be featuring much at all this season as a strong hint.

Ashybashy86

Perhaps not in those words... but they should be told they are not in our plans and so won't be featuring much at all this season as a strong hint.
I think Sokratis asked for his contract to be terminated ala Koscielny. I can't think which other team will want him now. I can see him just waiting and leaving for free end of the season otherwise.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Poor fee for the two time Player of the Month recipient. Club can't stop taking L's since Raul left.

We’ll be extremely lucky if we get that kind of fee for Torreira. Are United going to get that kind of fee for Fred or Perreira? We’re talking similar levels of talents, Torreira perhaps the worst of the bunch.

It’s calciomercatto. I’m more inclined to believe the reports that they are offering a loan with no money. If it’s a fee like that it’s no doubt paid heavily in installments...let’s hope. I doubt it.

But to complain about that fee for a player like Torreira in this market is madness.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

We’ll be extremely lucky if we get that kind of fee for Torreira. Are United going to get that kind of fee for Fred or Perreira? We’re talking similar levels of talents, Torreira perhaps the worst of the bunch.

It’s calciomercatto. I’m more inclined to believe the reports that they are offering a loan with no money. If it’s a fee like that it’s no doubt paid heavily in installments...let’s hope. I doubt it.

But to complain about that fee for a player like Torreira in this market is madness.
Fred was marvellous for United last season, I'm sure they'd receive a higher fee from a club like Juve who loves a midfielder.

Anyway, we should at minimum be recouping what we paid for a midfielder who in spurts has shown some quality. The market hasn't been impacted to the degree we all expected, don't think that's a valid excuse. Reality is that the Serie A could return to it's glory days and their clubs would still make $0 loan offers and player exchange offers.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Fred was marvellous for United last season, I'm sure they'd receive a higher fee from a club like Juve who loves a midfielder.

Anyway, we should at minimum be recouping what we paid for a midfielder who in spurts has shown some quality. The market hasn't been impacted to the degree we all expected, don't think that's a valid excuse. Reality is that the Serie A could return to it's glory days and their clubs would still make $0 loan offers and player exchange offers.

Juve is struggling to finance moves for far superior talents like Locatelli and Zaniolo. Perhaps I've done a disservice to Fred including him with Torreira but the point stands that Juve are certainly not in for Torreira nor are a club of their stature interested or ever going to be interested in a player like Torreira. We were his one chance at the elite, and we proved that he was a poor buy and not equipped for the elite. A bit like his manager here, though he had already proven that at PSG, we were just run by clowns who didn't realise it.

People need to be more realistic of the standing of our players in the world market and their quality respective to the rest of the talent pool. Torreira is a nothing player in that context and we'll be extremely lucky to get 20m euros for him in this market.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Makes sense, though. Not likely to get anything substantial for him in this market so hope that he recovers some of his value and Italy and the market recovers a bit as well, might get 15-20m euros for him next summer if we're lucky. We know he'll do well for a mid-tableish side in Italy.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Torino are prepared to pay 24M euro for him so the 15-20M argument is very silly.

Italian teams rate him massively. He suits the league perfectly. When he leaves us in the next couple of weeks it will probably be a loan with around 20-25M obligation to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom