• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The agreement is still premature only tuttosport report it even tho they from Torino they not as reliable as La Stampa.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Juve is struggling to finance moves for far superior talents like Locatelli and Zaniolo. Perhaps I've done a disservice to Fred including him with Torreira but the point stands that Juve are certainly not in for Torreira nor are a club of their stature interested or ever going to be interested in a player like Torreira. We were his one chance at the elite, and we proved that he was a poor buy and not equipped for the elite. A bit like his manager here, though he had already proven that at PSG, we were just run by clowns who didn't realise it.

People need to be more realistic of the standing of our players in the world market and their quality respective to the rest of the talent pool. Torreira is a nothing player in that context and we'll be extremely lucky to get 20m euros for him in this market.
No, people need to stop criminally undervaluing our players because of their biases. I don't rate Torreira but the fact is he's a Uruguayan international with plenty of PL & Serie A experience and is still only 24. He's a year removed from being valued 50m pounds on Transfermarkt due to his performances and appearances under Bumnai.

Fact is he's easily worth what we paid for, especially to Serie A clubs that are familiar with him as he performed well in that league. We're actually selling him right now at a significant loss in value due to a poor season hampered by injuries. Most would hold onto an asset like him, but I understand with our pursuits of Aouar & Partey, that's not realistic. But because of that pursuit, doesn't mean we give him away.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

For more context, this is like the Raptors trading Siakam right now after that playoff performance. It's silly. Unless we get what we paid for, we're getting ****ed. Simple.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
No, people need to stop criminally undervaluing our players because of their biases. I don't rate Torreira but the fact is he's a Uruguayan international with plenty of PL & Serie A experience and is still only 24. He's a year removed from being valued 50m pounds on Transfermarkt due to his performances and appearances under Bumnai.

Fact is he's easily worth what we paid for, especially to Serie A clubs that are familiar with him as he performed well in that league. We're actually selling him right now at a significant loss in value due to a poor season hampered by injuries. Most would hold onto an asset like him, but I understand with our pursuits of Aouar & Partey, that's not realistic. But because of that pursuit, doesn't mean we give him away.

Yeah, we'll have to agree to disagree.

The fact that a talent like Elneny is (rightly) preferred to him says it all about his talent level. Extremely limited footballer and the type of talent that is all over the place, even in very very modest clubs. (Brentford/our own Josh Dasilva, for example, is probably a similar level player already, with more projection)

We well overpaid for him and he's not an asset whatsoever for a club of our status or our ambitions, but rather an out of place deadwood.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Torino is a pretty poor move for him, but I’m not surprised given with how limited he is.

They were fighting relegation too, maybe he's not as highly rated in Italy as many on here believe if they're the club who's gonna end up getting him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Make no sense loan him 2 years and then sell him for 24m because he'll have only 1 year left of his contract

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Reminds me of the GVB and Edu siutations, good players but we have better players ahead them to start.

I'll be sorry to see him leave.

GoonerBoy19

Similar to Sampdoria he'll preform well there if he back to form like in 2018 so a move to better Italian club like Napoli Roma even Milan wouldn't surprise me he still 24 years old

Torino is coached by his former boss Giampaolo, that's why he is interested to move. He could get a better club but financially Italian league is in a dire state.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Make no sense loan him 2 years and then sell him for 24m because he'll have only 1 year left of his contract

It makes sense, kinda. Torino probably can’t afford his wages so we’ll pay absorb of it for the first two years and then they take care of the last year and get him to a new contract that’s more affordable for them. We get the half of the transfer fee as a loan fee and the rest as a transfer fee.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Knew this fee was too good to be true. Surely Torino can't cover the full £75k a week considering their highest paid player Belotti is on £55k a week? I bet we're covering a sizeable chunk of his wages over this two year loan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom