• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wilder also said his team lack pace upfront so signing guys like Bolagun make sense a loan to Sheffield would be fantastic Wilder is good coach just only worry that his minutes could be limited

They’re in for Rhian Brewster as well apparently on a permanent deal from Liverpool.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Disagree on that. Brewster almost single handedly got Swansea promoted last year.

Balogun might be great one day but Brewster is a phenomenal talent as well.
Seconded. Brewster is an excellent talent in his own right. Gets shat on at times for the same reasons Nketiah does ("he only poaches etc etc") but he's potentially an excellent top level #9 in the future.

senna

Has he signed a new contract ??

Seen rumours that he's signed a 4yr contract from some semi reliable accounts on twitter, dont know if they're making educated guesses based on balogun's tweets. Given how long Arsenal take to announce anythign - I think if he plays Carling cup next week then its probably likely he signed a contract.

Could be he signs and we agree to loan him to Sheff utd to get soem experience this year, bring him back next year if we move Laca on? If they develop him like they did Henderson would be win win for both teams. Or we could keep him and given him cup and Europa games?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Seen rumours that he's signed a 4yr contract from some semi reliable accounts on twitter, dont know if they're making educated guesses based on balogun's tweets. Given how long Arsenal take to announce anythign - I think if he plays Carling cup next week then its probably likely he signed a contract.

Could be he signs and we agree to loan him to Sheff utd to get soem experience this year, bring him back next year if we move Laca on? If they develop him like they did Henderson would be win win for both teams. Or we could keep him and given him cup and Europa games?
Defo loan - there's no minutes for him here, even in the EL. It's gonna be Laca and Eddie rotating all season most likely. Eddie will definitely get all the cup games while Laca starts the bulk of the league games - or maybe vice versa depending on whether Eddie starts hitting his stride, something he hasn't done yet. Balogun is where Eddie was this time last season - he's way too good to be getting drips and drabs of game time and needs consistent games.

senna

Defo loan - there's no minutes for him here, even in the EL. It's gonna be Laca and Eddie rotating all season most likely. Eddie will definitely get all the cup games while Laca starts the bulk of the league games - or maybe vice versa depending on whether Eddie starts hitting his stride, something he hasn't done yet. Balogun is where Eddie was this time last season - he's way too good to be getting drips and drabs of game time and needs consistent games.

Yeah most likely, agree loan would be best for him as well. Prob dont watch as many youth games as you, but from the ones I have seen have occasionally seen Balogun play on the wings in the past, so could see him play LW although imagine Saka prob gets that role in EL.

Either way just glad if he's signed as he has the highest ceiling if he develops accordingly and him, Eddie & TJJ upfront (as think Martinelli will end up in the Auba LW role) leaves us well stocked up front in the future and we can concentrate on other areas.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Lot of clubs in the Championship would need him.

Forest, Brentford, Swansea and QPR could all give him regular game time.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Feel like his recent tweets are going directly in opposition to this though.

Also there have been reports he’s staying.
Yeah but these guys been very spot on with english youngsters transfers this summer specially the Eze to Crystal Palace.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not bothered about this one at all. He probably is a really good player, but we have Eddie and Martinelli who are U21, play his position and are both established in the first team squad.

We are also likely to be signing a youngish center forward (I reckon Edouard) to replace Lacazette in the near future as well.

Get as much as you can for this lad, and use it for Partey/Aouar.

Keplaz

Feel like his recent tweets are going directly in opposition to this though.

Also there have been reports he’s staying.
His tweets would very strange if he goes.
He posted one saying loyalty is priceless, in relation to someone rejecting a bid for him on Fifa.
He posted an hourglass much like Aubas, when we all knew Auba was hinting at a new contract being announced.
He has praised Aubas new contract again via emoji.
I think he stays otherwise he tweets nothing. Why is he happy Auba stays and why the hour glass when there was very public bid for him rejected.
I think with the profile of our forward line, he has a chance to breakthrough. Auba is quality but aging. Three years at top quality Prem level at most I reckon.
Lacazette is also not so young anymore and showing signs, hopefully I'm wrong, of either regression or decline.
In a year or two with a solid loan behind him, he can challenge with Martinelli and Nketiah, and possibly a new signing. It makes sense to stay.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Is Balogun special talent who is above everyone else in our youngsters team ? I never saw him play.

I remember last year many AM members went ballistic on why we let Xavier Amaechi leave for Hamburg in a reported 2.5M deal, but we never heard about him anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom