• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Talking about how Auba shouldn't have left Dortmund because they are apparently better than us. People said the same back when Dortmund had Klopp. Then we went and banged them in their own ground. Would be the same now imo.
They're an odd bunch tbf. If he was playing for them, they'll probably proclaim him as the best striker in the world. :lol:

I think it's jealousy tbh.

blaze_of_glory

They're an odd bunch tbf. If he was playing for them, they'll probably proclaim him as the best striker in the world. :lol:

Yeah, if not specifically of us (I mean we've hardly been great, though we've been able to pick up more trophies than them recently) then more generally of the mass of teams now ahead of them across Europe. I think Utd fans as a whole have really struggled to accept where they are now ever since Fergie left. And that's been 7 years already!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah, if not specifically of us (I mean we've hardly been great, though we've been able to pick up more trophies than them recently) then more generally of the mass of teams now ahead of them across Europe. I think Utd fans as a whole have really struggled to accept where they are now ever since Fergie left. And that's been 7 years already!
The denial is still very palpable. They still live in the Fergie days. They look down at other clubs and still think they're the biggest club in the world.

They've only finished ahead of us twice in the past 7 seasons while having won more than them in that period. :lol:

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Do you ever quote me without crying like a woman in your posts about something?

Where is the "crying like a woman" in that post?

It seems you're crying because you can't argue about this.

You're just trolling that Auba is a bad footballer.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Psst.. it's only negative to you, mostly funny to others.

But on that topic, it's amusing to think you call him a bad footballer, as if he doesn't do anything else on the pitch.

I know what you mean about the skills of Van Persie (didn't surprise you still call the traitor "your boy"), but I'd go as far as to say that staying healthy is part of being a good footballer.

Apart from that, there can be many skills that make a great footballer, like positioning, running to spaces, pressing & defending etc.

Calling PEA a better forward than RVP is kind of criminal tbf. You might hate the guys guts but he was a complete striker.

PEA is an elite finisher but he has nothing in his all round game that makes him as lethal as RVP.

Had RVP stayed, he would be considered a club legend.

Lets be happy that PEA, an elite finisher has chosen to stick with us in such an unpredictable period. For that, he is a better Arsenal man than RVP. That you can argue.

drippin

Calling PEA a better forward than RVP is kind of criminal tbf. You might hate the guys guts but he was a complete striker.

PEA is an elite finisher but he has nothing in his all round game that makes him as lethal as RVP.

Okay, where did I say that? I have only said that Auba is not a bad footballer like GDeep says.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Okay, where did I say that? I have only said that Auba is not a bad footballer like GDeep says.

Wasn't trying to insinuate that you were calling him anything. Just that Gdeep is somewhat right in that RVP is a more complete striker than PEA.

PEA is going to be an Arsenal legend where RVP never will be, at least he has that over him.

drippin

Wasn't trying to insinuate that you were calling him anything. Just that Gdeep is somewhat right in that RVP is a more complete striker than PEA.

PEA is going to be an Arsenal legend where RVP never will be, at least he has that over him.

He was much more technical, better vision and better passer for example.

On the other hand Auba is so much faster, better defensively and he is as lethal striker/winger in regard to goals/assists.

Also Van Persie was always injured apart from 2 last seasons in EPL. Auba is basically never injured.

So what is "complete". An injured striker is completely useless.

Again, I was mostly saying that Auba is not only an elite goalscorer, but also a very good footballer. Van Persie when fit was likely better, but that was a different time also.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

On the other hand Auba is so much faster, better defensively and he is as lethal striker/winger in regard to assists/goals.

Also Van Persie was always injured apart from 2 last seasons in EPL. Auba is basically never injured.

Again, I was mostly saying that Auba is not only an elite goalscorer, but also a very good footballer. Van Persie when fit was likely better, but that was a different time also.

Well as you said, it was a different time. No point comparing a LWF and an out and out striker.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

On the other hand Auba is so much faster, better defensively and he is as lethal striker/winger in regard to goals/assists.

And yet they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same thread as when we need him most Auba has stayed, not for trophies, for Arsenal.

Every now and then you get a player who simply comes to the club and falls in love with it. Someone who when they are no longer playing refer to arsenal as we and us.

They are so rare and I dont care how many flaws he has, how one dimensional he can be, I absolutely love that he understands us and the club.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It’s never a bad thing to be fast and strong in contact sports and doesn’t make you a limited player.

I’m not surprised Auba loves it here, considering how Dortmund ended. I thought I had a certain idea about him (as did most of the world) and I couldn’t have been more wrong.

jus2nang

Its funny how few players finished their career at Arsenal, not even counting the last farewell contract in a lower league. Mertesacker and Arteta are the only ones I can think of in the recent past. Even Henry left.
Bergkamp
Adams
Dixon
Keown

Then you have a few that only left once they were pretty much done, like Seaman, Winterburn etc.

Not sure if many other top clubs have their legends retire there either.

I can think of Giggs, Neville and Scholes at Man Utd. After that I'm struggling.

EDIT: Carragher at Liverpool.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
And yet they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same thread as when we need him most Auba has stayed, not for trophies, for Arsenal.

Every now and then you get a player who simply comes to the club and falls in love with it. Someone who when they are no longer playing refer to arsenal as we and us.

They are so rare and I dont care how many flaws he has, how one dimensional he can be, I absolutely love that he understands us and the club.

As poetic as that sounds. No. Don't kid yourself.

As in, he stayed for the Arsenal as it is now under Arteta. The hopeful one. The one than can win trophies.

Not the Arsenal that existed over 9 months ago. If Emery was still in charge or if most other managers came in he would have been long gone.

Edit: And he would have been 100% right in doing so.

Kav

Established Member

Had RVP stayed, he would be considered a club legend.

Lets be happy that PEA, an elite finisher has chosen to stick with us in such an unpredictable period. For that, he is a better Arsenal man than RVP. That you can argue.
Okay I’m going to take the bait.
For the avoidance of doubt I am not saying one is better than the other however I am going to ask you one question.

Of the two who has been consistently scoring 20+ goals per season and who has done it longer? As some like to say the proof is in the pudding.

Caveat: These are different kind of players who have played in roughly different eras. When one was on the rise the other was in decline but who would you want the last shot of a game or the first strike of a game to go to?

Let us hear why you think RVP all round game was lethal?

Tell us why you say he was a complete striker when my memory tells me otherwise. Was he a more complete striker then Wright? or Henry? If so How?

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

Not to be an advocate for the lightbringer, but I’m sure they would say we struggle to accept where we are since the Invincibles.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Dortmund management also put out that Auba was a trouble maker etc all that kind of good stuff , now he's our Captain :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom