• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is Balogun special talent who is above everyone else in our youngsters team ? I never saw him play.

I remember last year many AM members went ballistic on why we let Xavier Amaechi leave for Hamburg in a reported 2.5M deal, but we never heard about him anymore

Balogun is very talented player.

Also Amaechi is only 19 year old. It could very well be that you hear about him later.

Kav

Established Member
Players develop at different speeds and it’s always dependent on the right environment for them to flourish. We tend to overlook the impact that coaches and systems have on the performance of players. Some players are just not suited to certain coaches and will take some time to find the right people who value them and trust them

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I was furious when Gnabry left, one of my favourite players in the club at the time.

Probably the worst management Wenger had here, sending such a talented young foreign player on loan to Tony Pulis' West Brom (who was Wenger's nemesis anyway).

It hurts because we saw him impress in the first team and at the Olympics before he left. If we were to lose Balogun for £5-8m and he was to come good it wont be as bad, unless he becomes elite too ffs.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I was furious when Gnabry left, one of my favourite players in the club at the time.

Probably the worst management Wenger had here, sending such a talented young foreign player on loan to Tony Pulis' West Brom (who was Wenger's nemesis anyway).

It hurts because we saw him impress in the first team and at the Olympics before he left. If we were to lose Balogun for £5-8m and he was to come good it wont be as bad, unless he becomes elite too ffs.
It was a mistake alright. But the club ended up learning form it. Nowadays, we're very particular about the club we send our players to on loan.

I hope Balogun signs a new contract. If he doesn't, it's not the end of the world. We're quite stacked in his position.
Nketiah and Martinelli are both ahead of him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

There is a difference between the two, Gnabry basically had idiots like Chambo and Walcott blocking his game and it was clear from the first minute that he will be a better player than both of them. Still remember most of the fans were laughing at the idea of Gnabry playing instead of them.
Balogun, on the other hand, has to compete with some great forwards that we have and also against a top talent like Martinelli, and let's say Eddie.
It's a different situation and even if he does become successful, we shouldn't have any regrets about it

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
There is a difference between the two, Gnabry basically had idiots like Chambo and Walcott blocking his game and it was clear from the first minute that he will be a better player than both of them. Still remember most of the fans were laughing at the idea of Gnabry playing instead of them.
Balogun, on the other hand, has to compete with some great forwards that we have and also against a top talent like Martinelli, and let's say Eddie.
It's a different situation and even if he does become successful, we shouldn't have any regrets about it
I medan Eddie has done ****. However he has Still done more than gnabry did here. And gnabry was your favoriter player?

So Many People rewriting history with gnabry jesus

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I medan Eddie has done ****. However he has Still done more than gnabry did here. And gnabry was your favoriter player?

So Many People rewriting history with gnabry jesus
Where did I say that? Honestly, WTF

In terms of achievements, none of them did anything here, it's just about predicting how far a player can progress from a specific point of his career.

What I'm saying, Balogun's progress is completely blocked with players that have better potential than himself (Martinelli), and established first team players at their peak (Auba, Laca). Gnabry had injury prone ****** blocking his progress, and Wenger

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I know he scores a lot of goals, but is Balogun suited to playing as cf in a front 3? He looks good, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with him starting games here at cf. Think I even have more belief in Eddie as a cf than Martinelli despite Martinelli definitely being the better player.

Saka and Martinelli are definitely long term options here for the wide areas. 8 don't see where Balogun fits in?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I know he scores a lot of goals, but is Balogun suited to playing as cf in a front 3? He looks good, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with him starting games here at cf. Think I even have more belief in Eddie as a cf than Martinelli despite Martinelli definitely being the better player.

Saka and Martinelli are definitely long term options here for the wide areas. 8 don't see where Balogun fits in?

And we have John-Jules too. He is half a year older than Balogun.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
And we have John-Jules too. He is half a year older than Balogun.

I like John Jules. Balogun seems more dangerous, but John Jules seems a more natural cf.

For the record, I don't think TJJ will make it here whereas Balogun could if he were prepared to play the kong game.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Balogun plays on the shoulder of the last man, TJJ is more of a modern forward where he can hold the ball up, bring others into play, linkup and also score.
I still think we should try to keep Balogun at all cost because hes the type of forward thats hard to find nowadays but lets see how it works out.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
After seeing Liverpool selling youngster for 10m so our club acting in right way to ask 15m for Bolagun

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Balogun plays on the shoulder of the last man, TJJ is more of a modern forward where he can hold the ball up, bring others into play, linkup and also score.
I still think we should try to keep Balogun at all cost because hes the type of forward thats hard to find nowadays but lets see how it works out.

It's a tough situation. This will easily become another situation about which we will hear endlessly how bad the club is managed.

Without people realizing you can't hypnotize players to become slaves with no own will at all.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's a tough situation. This will easily become another situation about which we will hear endlessly how bad the club is managed.

Without people realizing you can't hypnotize players to become slaves with no own will at all.
I dont think you can blame the club in this tbh
We have 3 STs in the first team
and then TJJ, Greenwood and Balogun in reserve not to mention Plange and the rest
Its just a case of having too many players in one position, I'm sure we offered to send him out on loan if he signs a new contract but he wants first team football now so theres not much you can do but cash in on him if he refuses to accept that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom