• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, pretty sure Atleti would be delighted if we paid the 50m for Partey, it would really help them out. Just a shame we don't have the 50m.
That's won't help them teams know they in trouble financially they'll take advantage to get thier players more cheaply

Iceman10

Established Member
Don't we also have a solution to that problem? Chuck them Laca and Torreira for Partey. Win-win.

Problem is the Arsenal injury curse, this time with Martinelli, otherwise probably would have been on for this transfer window.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That's won't help them teams know they in trouble financially they'll take advantage to get thier players more cheaply

If they compromise on Partey, teams around Europe will start haggling over every player.

Their hands are tied because it’s more about the reputation as a selling club. They’d never be able to get the sort of fees they did for Griezmann and Hernandez.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If they compromise on Partey, teams around Europe will start haggling over every player.

Their hands are tied because it’s more about the reputation as a selling club. They’d never be able to get the sort of fees they did for Griezmann and Hernandez.
How A.Madrid did come to this position? Always in CL they sell players in good fee are they in big debt?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Heard it all now. Apparently Simeone isn't a good manager :lol:

I can't stand his brand of football but look at his record in Europe over the past 5-6 years or the fact he managed to break the Barca and Real monopoly on La Liga. In fact just look at his trophy cabinet. He absolutely is an elite manager.

Saying all that, I'd never, ever want him near the Arsenal job :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

How A.Madrid did come to this position? Always in CL they sell players in good fee are they in big debt?

Club has always had a sort of revolving door of players where they frequently buy and sell to keep agents happy but the music’s stopped and they’re left with a bunch of junk on big wages.

Also the stadium was built at the worst time, they’re left making huge payments on something they can’t make any money back through gate receipts due to the pandemic.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Simeone is overpaid and I hate his style of football, which most likely has a cap in terms of how dominant a side can be.

But to wonder why people rate/respect him is just typical AM, he has built a formidable team at Athletico Madrid- and won a title in a 2 team league. I would hate for him to manage here or even in the PL but you have to at least respect his achievements ffs.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Simeone is overpaid and I hate his style of football, which most likely has a cap in terms of how dominant a side can be.

But to wonder why people rate/respect him is just typical AM, he has built a formidable team at Athletico Madrid- and won a title in a 2 team league. I would hate for him to manage here or even in the PL but you have to at least respect his achievements ffs.
You remember Atletico before he joined? They were a clown club. He’s improved them, given them an identity and made them a serious CL team.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Simeone's achievements are undeniable. That should never be questioned. He has done a fantastic job there and brought them up a level. He's been very much to Atléti what Wenger was to us.

Simeone right now can be questioned though; whether he is a good manager in the here and now, much like Wenger post-invincibles or post 2010. I would say he isn't.

Think @AbouCuéllar is an Atletico fan/follower. I'd sure as hell be livid and in denial if my club were to buy this average player after watching him for 2 years. Just ask @Rex Banter.

Nah mate I am just an Arsenal supporter. I am from Madrid and have more affinity for Atléti than Madrid but nothing more than that.

I do know Roca and Torreira both well, though, and have watched both a lot, Roca for Espanyol and our national youth sides and Torreira of course for our Arsenal. I know which one I rate more without a doubt and which one I'd prefer if I were an Atlético, that is for sure.

I am just telling my honest take on things-- there are strong sources that have repeatedly reported that Roca has agreed terms with Atléti and that he is their #1 option should funds become available through sales or should Thomas be sold. Meanwhile the Torreira to Atléti links insist of elgoldigital--absolute **** source, daily mail or worse level--and an Uruguayan television presenter. You see this all the time especially with South American players, a weak source from their nation hopefully linking them to a club they'd like them to go with. It's not necessarily false but it's not a very good link.

I was criticised a week or so ago for saying I really doubt that Torino has the reported 25-30m to pay for Torreira that was reported by flimsy sources. That seems to have been right. I have no monopoly on the facts but my feeling for the reasons stated above (1. good sources for Roca, 2. bad sources for Torreira, 3. Roca a superior player) is simply that Atléti going for Torreira over Roca is probably false. Don't know why that has bothered Highbury2006 so much.

edit: in fairness I see that Fabrizio Romano has said they're in talks for Torreira, hopefully that is true! Perhaps they'll be looking to bring in Torreira and Roca with the funds from Thomas.

Let's hope! Thomas-Ceballos-Aouar midfield is the dream for this season.

Last edited:

BobP

Memri Fan
Tbh, if we can get rid of other deadwood e.g. Mustafi, Sokratis, and Kolasinac, then loaning Torreira to AM wouldn't be a bad move. 1. the transfer market is **** at the moment due to COVID-19 2. Torreira is on a long term contract and 3. AM are a defensive team. The combination of all these factors means that if Torreira has a good year on loan at AM, we stand to make much more than what clubs are currently offering for him.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
We should be hoping this loan deal works out. There's no way the club won't use it as a bargaining chip to get Partey. Even if its a loan we can just use what they would pay as the loan fee to reduce Partey's price.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Wait a minute, is Vinai going to manage what Raul couldn't do? Sell Torreira and Mustafi in the same window.

Wow... This is big.
Where is the link to us getting rid of Mustafi? I'd love it if it were true though, we've got to get rid of Sead aswell this window though. We are leaving all this till very late in the window though.

SK Lation

Where is the link to us getting rid of Mustafi? I'd love it if it were true though, we've got to get rid of Sead aswell this window though. We are leaving all this till very late in the window though.
Calciomercato making up lies about Lazio being after Mustafi. Only desperate weirdos believe it tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom