• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa: Unai Enemy

Tony Montana

Established Member
Is the Holte End the hardcore end?

Your season ticket prices are fantastic for a club of your size. If you got CL they'd probably up the prices though right?

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
It's supply and demand. Our prices are fantastic because it fills the ground.

If we had the support of a team like you guys then our prices would be much higher.

They're still good, and the club do make an effort to keep them very low, and it's excellent. But no way would they stay the same if we had more demand.

But yes, £400 for my season ticket is great (providing we don't play like we did yesterday!)

As for hardcore end, yeh the Holte is where most of the singing etc goes on. North stand is good too because it's next to the away fans.

Trinity and DE are dead.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Kepa is the goalkeeper some Arsenal fans think Leno is.
Upper Echelon FC actually making me hate a really good GK in Emi.

Not enough to be happy for him, they have to troll the Leno thread.

Emi should have stayed and battled it out. But he is on his way to becoming Argentina's N1. Would have been a great love story if he actually usurped Leno and became the clubs N1 as everyone expected.

Hope he proves himself and ends up at a bigger club in the next few seasons. Martinez deserves the respect.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Upper Echelon FC actually making me hate a really good GK in Emi.

Not enough to be happy for him, they have to troll the Leno thread.

Emi should have stayed and battled it out. But he is on his way to becoming Argentina's N1. Would have been a great love story if he actually usurped Leno and became the clubs N1 as everyone expected.

Hope he proves himself and ends up at a bigger club in the next few seasons. Martinez deserves the respect.

Why would he stay and battle it out when he was going to start on the bench in the 1st game of the season after proving that he's miles better than Leno ffs.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Why would he stay and battle it out when he was going to start on the bench in the 1st game of the season after proving that he's miles better than Leno ffs.
Because he is not miles better than Leno and the season is long.

Just be happy he got what he wanted and is now a N1. Martinez is happy but like a needy GF you lot don't know when you've been dumped and need to move on.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Because he is not miles better than Leno and the season is long.

Just be happy he got what he wanted and is now a N1. Martinez is happy but like a needy GF you lot don't know when you've been dumped and need to move on.

Totally ignoring the fact that he was going to be on the bench in the 1st game.. but yeah he should've stayed and "bAtTlEd It OuT".

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Totally ignoring the fact that he was going to be on the bench in the 1st game.. but yeah he should've stayed and "bAtTlEd It OuT".
He played in the community shield.

The point of competition for spots is you know... to compete :lol:
He is at Villa now, but sure, be needy, he will come back :drool:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Leno must feel under a fair bit of pressure to perform now - probably a good thing there are no spectators yet

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Emi was great for us when called upon, and helped us to two trophies (Community Shield is a trophy if you win it). For that, I'm grateful, and was genuinely sad to see him go, as I believe him staying would have pushed both him and Leno to get even better.

Leno was incredible for us pre-injury, saved us from slipping further down the table and was arguably a player of the season candidate.

I'm more than happy to have Leno in goal, and I refuse to spend my season comparing him to Emi. Both did great, I'll cheer Emi on at Villa to get his Argentine n°1 dream.

What's done is done. Comparing the two at every turn serves no purpose. They were both great, and they both deserve to start and play.

Yep this.

And I honestly think selling Emi was a mistake personally but people are taking it way too far now, acting like Leno is 5'5 and wasn't our 2nd/3rd best player last season.

He is basically fkin 6'3 (1.9M) which is beyond adequate; he's taller than Oblak and almost as tall as Buffon (1.92M) and De Gea (1.92M). For those that can't work it out 0.02M is 2 centrimetres.

Yes folks the midget Leno is 2 centimetres shorter than the greatest keeper of the modern age.

At shot stopping he's absolutely incredible and is excellent when it comes to judging when to sweep.

Yes 100% he needs to command his box, there's no denying it, that's a weak area. But let's see how he progresses with that this season.

Top Bottom