• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Why do you keep writing these paragraphs if I say Xhaka is someone that managers clearly like? :lol:

He’s had ample opportunity to be dropped but he hasn’t. I’m not even calling him world class but it’s funny how you literally can’t even admit he’s likely to be a key player this year.

Yeah pretty obvious he'll be first choice even if we get Partey or Aouar.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
using expected goals and assists (of penalty takers) to compare players

Now you're just being disingenuous.

I didn't mention the mistake you made using Europa League stats, and ignore all the other things posted, did I?

Let's argue honestly and maturely, please. Anyways, the whole thread is there for everyone to see. I have invited you to do a full comparison statistically, to open your perspective as much as possible, using all the stats on fbREF or any stats we can find, and comparing Xhaka to many other players. I even searched "Xhaka press resistant" to see if I was the one who was ignorant, and if it was something that had been said or thought somewhere outside of this forum.

So yeah, please be a bit more mature in arguing, it's disappointing to see what I thought was a mature discussion, and which I engaged in earnestly and honestly, is just typical internet disingenuousness from the other end :/

Newcastle signed Joelinton for 40million. Dortmund signed Haaland for 22million.

Oh the giant of a club was Hertha Berlin:rofl:

Yeh, and as if that reasoning wasn't bad and facile enough, one event happened before the covid world epidemic, the other not... bufff

Manberg

Predator
Newcastle signed Joelinton for 40million. Dortmund signed Haaland for 22million.

Oh the giant of a club was Hertha Berlin:rofl:

He was racing to get out at the time due to our despicable fan base.
Now, if Xhaka was up for sale the biggest clubs in the world would be racing for his signature. Bayern, Barcelona, Madrid.... you name it.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Now, if Xhaka was up for sale the biggest clubs in the world would be racing for his signature. Bayern, Barcelona, Madrid.... you name it.

:lol:

Are you trolling?

Madrid is interested in Camavinga--that is the level of player Madrid is interested in (Bayern too). Barcelona can't find a space in their midfield for Riqui Puig, much less Granit Xhaka.

Come back to the real world mate!

Manberg

Predator
Now you're just being disingenuous.

I didn't mention the mistake you made using Europa League stats, and ignore all the other things posted, did I?

Let's argue honestly and maturely, please. Anyways, the whole thread is there for everyone to see. I have invited you to do a full comparison statistically, to open your perspective as much as possible, using all the stats on fbREF or any stats we can find, and comparing Xhaka to many other players. I even searched "Xhaka press resistant" to see if I was the one who was ignorant, and if it was something that had been said or thought somewhere outside of this forum.

So yeah, please be a bit more mature in arguing, it's disappointing to see what I thought was a mature discussion, and which I engaged in earnestly and honestly, is just typical internet disingenuousness from the other end

I quoted stats here:
https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/granit-xhaka-managers-love-him.34374/page-42#post-5219841

You’re the one who’s been manipulating stats to suit your narrative. I don’t like your website it’s boring.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yeah pretty obvious he'll be first choice even if we get Partey or Aouar.

Partey or Aouar, yes. Partey and Aouar is where it would get more interesting, as it would be between Ceballos and Xhaka for odd man out there, and in that case Ceballos should be picked over Xhaka normally, depending on the opposition.

But I don't think anyone disputes this statement you've made.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

If I tell you to put a pink elephant in your mind, then clear your mind, you won’t be able to stop thinking about that pink elephant.
You see Xhaka the way you want to see Xhaka. You have an opinion, likely through feedback from the other anti Xhaka agenda merchants, and you will conjure up things in your head to reinforce your opinion, rather than seeing the truth for what it is.
:facepalm: Okay, whatever. Look mate, you seem like a nice bloke, but this is not a great way to argue. I wrote that I watch our games which I actually do (One benefit of having moved to the US. Almost all PL games are on some channel.) and for me I do not need stats to make a judgement that I do not rate Xhaka.

If I ran out on the pitch you wouldn’t need stats to see that I am a fat middle aged bloke who isn’t good at football. Some things are actually obvious!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

With Bartomeu in charge, he probably has a shot at Barca :lol:

Who does he displace from Bayern and Madrid?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Videos like this are a bit cringe, honestly, making the most simple and textbook of midfield play look like something noteworthy.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The video above shows decent, competent play but the build up is horribly slow. The ball goes backwards and sideways and it's over a minute before it actually gets played forward! We've played like this before no doubt, but the Invincibles and the early Cesc era players would move the ball like this much faster and that whole sequence would involve almost the whole team and take about 30 seconds from end to end. A hallmark of our best play was speed, forward passes and good passing triangles. That needs to return.

Kav

Established Member
It's to protect the spine of the team and it has reduce errors by Xhaka. He's passes per game have significantly dropped under Arteta as have his touches and distance carried has massively dropped. The sideways pass merchant thing is over the top but I think it's clear Arteta has instructed Xhaka to play it safer.
I see myself how his play has altered and I'm not complaining. I am glad that Arteta has addressed our obvious gaps and deficiencies. We now need further addictions to allow us to not only prevent goals but to also control games.

Manberg

Predator
Arteta can coach Xhaka to be a top manager. He has that intelligence in him. Bookmark this post and quote me in 10 years time. I was right about Arteta I'm right about Xhaka too.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
@Manberg found xG buildup and xG chain stats (understat.com -- just an easy search, man the pain it would've saved me the other night :lol:) key to this discussion:

Jorginho and Fred both have superior numbers while having superior defensive contribution. You can stop saying that the stats back up something they don't, now.

Xhaka-- https://understat.com/player/204
Fred-- https://understat.com/player/6817
Jorginho-- https://understat.com/player/1389

In summary, our eyes tell us we have about the 5th-10th best DLP in the league, ie a good player for a 5-10 team but not a top player. The stats tell us the exact same thing. Manberg tells us that this same player is world-class and would be pursued by Madrid, Barça, and Bayern if he were available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom