• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SK Lation

If we end up missing out on Partey or Aouar, we'll finish 7th/8th again. We are stronger in the big games for sure but it hasn't changed that we're suffering against 'smaller' sides. Our midfield can't create nor dominate in these games as we have seen against a relegation candidate a few days ago and as we saw it the whole of last season.

Still don't know if Partey would add more to our game or Aouar tbh. One of them probably gets us a fight for 4th place, both would transform us into a top 3 side imo.

Would rather say that we dominate most games but have some very mediocre ones in between where old failings resurface.

Other teams have those shockers as well and often are even luckier with it, like ManU.

Imo, we constantly improve nonetheless and our players all get better and better by the minute as they soak up new information from big **** Mikel. The youngsters will, at least some of them, also explode at some point.

For the big ambitions for the PL title and more, we definitely need worldclass midfielders though, but CL spots shouldn't be impossible with the current team, either Partey or Aouar would massively increase our chances though.

But football holds no quarentees, just look at Leicester for it - yeah, one out of a million and the extreme case maybe, but it still holds a message in that sense.

Also, referees, bad luck and so on are 20-30% of it, you cannot get that out of the picture imo
I agree with most parts but I think we can't hack the top four without necessary additions in CM. I count Leicester, Chelsea, United, who all have better quality than we do would most probably finish above the current team. We could be oat par with Everton atm so it could go either way with them.

I am too lazy to check how our XG has been like in recent times, but when I watch us play, I don't get the comfort that I used to have in most games in those Wenger days where a 1-1 draw in the 85th minute would turn out to be a 2 or 3-1 win at the end of the game usually with very dominant displays. I know the PL has improved so much in between so maybe the 2nd goal we got at the 85th is a return to the good old days, but just in less convincing and enjoyable way. I am not sure it is so positive in the way we are playing. Is it?

Last edited:

Not sure if this is serious. Surely you can see we are significantly better in bigger games?
It is actually very serious and makes a lot of sense imo. Last term, we beat City, Pool, United, Leicester once and got draws against Chelsea and United. Still, we got dominated in most of those games and I'd rather not be nervous for the entire 90. What I am saying is I hate being 98% sure we'll lose against Liverpool. That should never be the case when we play against a big team.

We all know our problems came in with the smaller teams and I am afraid that hasn't changed despite the two positive results we've gotten so far. Pre our game vs Westham, everyone here was so confident of a big win but we barely scrapped it. It could have gone either way in all honesty.
For me, Improve on that and we make the top four.

Last edited:

GoonerJay24

If we end up missing out on Partey or Aouar, we'll finish 7th/8th again. We are stronger in the big games for sure but it hasn't changed that we're suffering against 'smaller' sides. Our midfield can't create nor dominate in these games as we have seen against a relegation candidate a few days ago and as we saw it the whole of last season.

Still don't know if Partey would add more to our game or Aouar tbh. One of them probably gets us a fight for 4th place, both would transform us into a top 3 side imo.

We're not going to finish 7th-8th again, that was due to the Emery situation last season

senna

I agree with most parts but I think we can't hack the top four without necessary additions in CM. I count Leicester, Chelsea, United, who all have better quality than we do would most probably finish above the current team. We could be oat par with Everton atm so it could go either way with them.

I am too lazy to check how our XG has been like in recent times, but when I watch us play, I don't get the comfort that I used to have in most games in those Wenger days where a 1-1 draw in the 85th minute would turn out to be a 2 or 3-1 win at the end of the game usually with very dominant displays. I know the PL has improved so much in between so maybe the 2nd goal we got at the 85th is a return to the good old days, but just in less convincing and enjoyable way. I am not sure it is so positive in the way we are playing. Is it?

West Ham had a bad first game, lot of unrest given the Diangana sale & Noble comments. They were always gonna be looking to put a shift in to correct it after the terrible performance vs Newcastle. Moyes also set up for these types of games wher ehis workhorse type players get stuck & he defends deep, if we hadnt conceded before half time - we may have got a 2nd on the counter easier in the 2nd half & had a much easier game. I also think West Ham will cause difficuties for the other top 6 in their next few games as they'll set up & be difficult to breakdown and other than City the rest will struggle.

I guess what the game did highlight tho is Aouar is now more improtnat than Partey, Arteta has us well enough organised against teams its breaking down low blocks thats stopping us at the moment gettign to City & Liverpools level. I'm guessign thats why partey is on hold until Aouar is completed first.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
David is BS. A.Madrid already told us they don't want swaps plus we giving them Torreira.
The guy has been chatting **** all summer. Even said we promised not to activate the RC because we're a gentlemen club at one point the absolute *****. The guy has no clue and seems to be nothing but a bitter Atletico fan. Wouldn't pay any attention to him.

SK Lation

We're not going to finish 7th-8th again, that was due to the Emery situation last season
With the West Ham game in mind and some others under Artetas reign, I doubt we'd finish above that with the personal we got.
Our squad still full of bums beneath some rare class acts (Auba, Tierney, Saka, maybe Willian, Gabriel & Saliba(?)) and I'm missing Plan B from Mikel to find solutions against oppositions that let us have the ball, sit deep and wait for mistakes.
It's a fact that he couldn't make a difference regarding our chance creation in these games until this day.

GoonerJay24

With the West Ham game in mind and some others under Artetas reign, I doubt we'd finish above that with the personal we got.
Our squad still full of bums beneath some rare class acts (Auba, Tierney, Saka, maybe Willian, Gabriel & Saliba(?)) and I'm missing Plan B from Mikel to find solutions against oppositions that let us have the ball, sit deep and wait for mistakes.
It's a fact that he couldn't make a difference regarding our chance creation in these games until this day.

How many points did we get in 18/19 under Emery? Was more than Chelsea and United last season. The team just need a good run of games and not fallout off the field then I am confident they'll be top four.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Same **** every day, feel like I'm stuck in a loop..

Can't wait for the transfer window to be over.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How many times he gonna say A.Madrid convinced Partey going to stay? well of course he is if nobody pay his release clause you c**t

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom