• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I'm still not a big fan, but he's been getting goals this season but has a welbeck-ish around him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Welbeck was a consistent goalscorer he would have been one of the best forwards on the planet.

What do you mean "would have been", the Welbatros clearly was!

Played for the 2 best managers of the Premiership-era and won every top flight trophy available in England, Danny "Big Game" Welbeck an absolute legend.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Feels like I am the only one who doesn't see anything special about him. Was burnt with my love for Akpom. Think Martinelli is going to be our future CF with Nketiah getting sold.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Feels like I am the only one who doesn't see anything special about him. Was burnt with my love for Akpom. Think Martinelli is going to be our future CF with Nketiah getting sold.
He feels like that kid in school that doesn't have all the talent but still gets great grades back in high school. It's harder at University though. He could become very good imo, but still ways to go. Sometimes hard work doesn't get you there

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I would agree with this. I like Eddie but he just feels forced.

Before Martinelli’s knee though, I don’t think he featured much under Arteta? Could be imagining it I need to find the numbers for that.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It's cause he's not really a combination player. He's the guy who's going to be on the end of the moves. He feels like he's on the periphery of games but comes alive in the box. Much like Auba was for a long time, until he added much more to his game.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You get that Cristiano Ronaldo-esque* sense with Eddie that he's not happy until he's scored. That's a great attitude! His goal at the end is the result of his determination and industry.

*For the avoidance of doubt, this is not intended to be a comparison on ability, only attitude.
Smart man. Gotta be careful on here, next thing you know someone would have been ridiculing a completely unrelated post of yours in a few weeks/months saying "aren't you the guy who said Eddie is better than CR7?":lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's cause he's not really a combination player. He's the guy who's going to be on the end of the moves. He feels like he's on the periphery of games but comes alive in the box. Much like Auba was for a long time, until he added much more to his game.
People want their CFs to be all-rounders who can score goals on their own. Essentially, they want Thierry Henry - because we've been spoiled for multi-talented CFs over the last 20-25 years. I understand it. I sometimes look at other prospects like Martinelli and even TJJ/Balogun and their all-round capacity in relation to Nketiah's. I grew up with Wrighty and Bergkamp, Anelka and Henry. I have vivid memories of Adebayor in 07/08 being the perfect CF. RVP in 2011. We've been SPOILED.

Nketiah's not Henry. I think he has the capacity to be similar to Wright, and evidently Wrighty himself agrees because he's taken an active involvement in Nketiah's development for a while. Thierry rated Eddie too when he was coaching at the U18s aswell, so there's something there with him. I think there's more in his locker than we're seeing. A lot of players have to rely on their strengths when breaking through - Eddie's is scoring no matter what it takes. I'm cool with that for now. He's a 21 year old forward with a good goals-to-minutes ratio comparative to his experience level.

How far he takes that is up to him. Staying fit, fighting Lacazette for minutes and scoring crucial goals for us will help his cause. If he keeps doing that and improving along the way, he'll make it very difficult to see past him.

Ciscoo

He feels like that kid in school that doesn't have all the talent but still gets great grades back in high school. It's harder at University though. He could become very good imo, but still ways to go. Sometimes hard work doesn't get you there

Whereas Nelson was the effortless straight A student, who is only now finding out where the uni library is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom