• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I am aware of that, but it was disciplinary and consistency issues that led to him being moved on. He probably has matured since he moved to Juve, but my point is perfectly valid.
Your point is valid but so is the idea that Wenger's principles on this occasion have cost us dearly. Smoking a couple of fags didn't stop Barthez from keeping goal for Yanited for years.

We put up with far worse behaviour from other players.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Your point is valid but so is the idea that Wenger's principles on this occasion have cost us dearly. Smoking a couple of fags didn't stop Barthez from keeping goal for Yanited for years.

We put up with far worse behaviour from other players.
Yeah it was a shame he left but thats all in the past. We have a great GK now and should just support him.

Also, what he did was on club grounds, inside. Like I don't know many people who even smoke cigs in their own houses let alone the showers.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Was glad to see the back of Scezeny tbh don’t care what he does at Juve.

Way too much is made of claiming corners also, this forum just loves to cry. I’m happy Martinez got his move and the club profited - great outcome for me.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Was glad to see the back of Scezeny tbh don’t care what he does at Juve.
Can't deny he had the potential though. Seemed like a proper wind up merchant as well :lol:

Leno seems the new Arsenal guy. Hopefully this season he shows again why he is so highly rated.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I have no doubt he will be fine, it’s just typical AM behaviour - they pick a corner and stay there for eternity ignoring sense.

Leno is goated.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You’re doing the same thing.
How? I wanted Martinez to stay and have them battle it out.

Its not happened and there’s nothing I can do about it, plus I know it’s important that Martinez is number 1 somewhere - he did 11 years of waiting. A bit naive and unrealistic for Arteta to ask him to do it for one more season in my opinion.

The way it panned out is one of the few situations for us where all parties won. Well, except Martinez enthusiasts.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
How? I wanted Martinez to stay and have them battle it out.

Its not happened and there’s nothing I can do about it, plus I know it’s important that Martinez is number 1 somewhere - he did 11 years of waiting. A bit naive and unrealistic for Arteta to ask him to do it for one more season in my opinion.

The way it panned out is one of the few situations for us where all parties won. Well, except Martinez enthusiasts.

Who just happened to emerge after a purple patch :lol:
Some actually rated him, but majority are just out here trying to be unsuccessful trolls.

Emi been here 11 years and barely a word from them...

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He’s crap in the air, that’s clear and obvious. You can’t say there is nothing wrong with Leno.
It’s way overblown - it’s not his strongest area but he’s not crap - he’s the modern keeper we need.

I think it’s wrong a lot of you pretend like Leno effects our results negatively - he’s one of the few strong areas in the team and a lot of you have hang ups over minor preferences.

I am adamant that there’s nothing wrong with him. You were sh*tting bricks when Leno did his knee in anyways, I don’t even know why you’re saying this.

Let's play Aubamawang

Who just happened to emerge after a purple patch :lol:
Some actually rated him, but majority are just out here trying to be unsuccessful trolls.

Emi been here 11 years and barely a word from them...
I've always wanted Martinez to succeed because Wenger rated him, he was here so long and was fantastic at Reading.

Maybe some people think I am too hard on Leno, but being able to claim corners is clearly underrated by some on here. Look at how Gabriel stopped Antonio scoring after he jumped over Ceballos to claim the ball. It was a brave move, but he needs to communicate better so Ceballos can get out of the way next time. That way he doesn't nearly injure himself, drop the ball and almost concede a goal.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Martinez is extremely overrated on here. It's similar to when Scz left us yet Chez was far more accomplished. We didn't miss him and we aren't going to miss Martinez either.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I can't give a toss about fanboying any player. Martinez was anonymous for 11 years so why on earth would anyone want him to stay? Until he plays and has a "purple patch". Why on earth would anyone want him to go? Agendas, agendas, agendas.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Martinez is extremely overrated on here. It's similar to when Scz left us yet Chez was far more accomplished. We didn't miss him and we aren't going to miss Martinez either.

We did miss Scz, we had a WAY past it Cech and Opsina after we sold him and those 2 were pretty ****.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
My main concern now is that Leno may not have adequate cover and as a result will be overplayed. Which is why I'd happily have given up the Martinez money and seen how things panned out this season before either selling Leno or letting Martinez leave on a free next season (or offering an improved contract to stay if he'd won the place). All over now

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
We did miss Scz, we had a WAY past it Cech and Opsina after we sold him and those 2 were pretty ****.

What did we miss out on again? At least, we got some comedy out of Ospina injuring himself every 25 minutes by diving into the posts.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

My main concern now is that Leno may not have adequate cover and as a result will be overplayed. Which is why I'd happily have given up the Martinez money and seen how things panned out this season before either selling Leno or letting Martinez leave on a free next season (or offering an improved contract to stay if he'd won the place). All over now

Leno played over 2900 minutes for Leverkusen every season out of total 7, plus UCL & UEL games and most of cup games.

Bundesliga has only 18 teams so there is 34 games, and when you multiply that with 90 minutes it makes 3060 minutes.

He has been injured 15 games in his whole career, and 11 of those were for Arsenal last season.

The expectation should be that he can and will play very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom