• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Of course. The biggest injustice of my lifetime to see such a genius get humiliated in the way he did. One day I'll get over the scars no doubt. Arteta taking us back to where we were before the fan boredom set in, will certainly help. Another win against Pool and we're on the right road. :lol:

Do you mean biggest footballing injustice associated with Arsenal or injustice in any shape or form around the globe?

gkoat

We've allowed 2 goals in all comps this season. They've allowed 6. That's pretty crazy.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
During our run of form that saw us win 9 in 10, to eventually go above Sp**s in the Champions League race...

@BigPoppaPump

Opinion on the opening goal of this game?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Liverpool defend as high as they did against Leeds, Auba will pick them off.

Riou

Lmao typical Koscielny being Koscielny. This is what I don't get, you see yourself how much of a liability he could be but still rate him highly?

I feel I rate Kos about right for his level, not too highly and not too lowly.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Do you mean biggest footballing injustice associated with Arsenal or injustice in any shape or form around the globe?
In football mate. :lol: The world is full of far more serious examples where famous scientists, politicians and artists etc were ridiculed or hated by large numbers of unthinking idiots.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Nah a lot of you guys act like he's world class, he was a 6/10 CB on his best days and a complete liability most of the time.
2015/16 we had the best overall defensive stats and most clean sheets in the league. Despite being ridiculed by fans for being slow during the 'fan boredom' period, Mertersaker was actually outstanding for his positioning and anticipation. There were few injuries in defence that year too, so the back 4 were pretty constant. No coincidence that Kos and Bellerin had their best year next to him and Nacho in my view.

Goonger

The big question mark is what we do with the 3 man defence.

Will Tierney be fit? If not, will he play Kola there, imagine Salah having a field day against him?

Will Luiz come back into the side? If he does, who plays centre out of him & Gabriel?

A few big decisions to be made here. I dont expect much at all.

Few things I'm looking for. If we are to get beat, no silly goals please, ala Luiz at Anfield last season, make them at least work for it. Let's not concede early, let's try & stay organised & frustrate them.

With the ball, I hope we play with some confidence like we did in the Community Shield rather than the league game at Emirates a few weeks before. If we play like the Emirates game, Thiago will have more touches / passes than our entire midfield.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
2015/16 we had the best overall defensive stats and most clean sheets in the league. Despite being ridiculed by fans for being slow during the 'fan boredom' period, Mertersaker was actually outstanding for his positioning and anticipation. There were few injuries in defence that year too, so the back 4 were pretty constant. No coincidence that Kos and Bellerin had their best year next to him and Nacho in my view.

I always say Mertesacker was the best CB we had since Campbell. All the praise given to Koscielny should have gone to Mertesacker and Monreal tbh, he never looked good without Per next to him. Way too rash and accident prone. Fans just hated Mertesacker because he was slow, same with Arteta who was a brilliant CM but Arsenal fans would put him down at every opportunity.

Riou

I always say Mertesacker was the best CB we had since Campbell. All the praise given to Koscielny should have gone to Mertesacker and Monreal tbh, he never looked good without Per next to him. Way too rash and accident prone. Fans just hated Mertesacker because he was slow, same with Arteta who was a brilliant CM but Arsenal fans would put him down at every opportunity.

Kolo was better than Per imo.

Mert was underrated though, I agree...wasn't Per always rated higher than Kos for years in Fifa which really annoyed most Arsenal fans :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom