• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In football mate. :lol: The world is full of far more serious examples where famous scientists, politicians and artists etc were ridiculed or hated by large numbers of unthinking idiots.

A large number of idiots who accepted losing 8-2 to Manchester United and 6-0 to Chelsea along with conceding 5 multiple times against Liverpool?

But fans like yourself will push that to the back of your mind to suit your agenda.

Ifly_Gooner

The home win against Liverpool in July was pretty much a backs to the wall job. We scraped it through, I hope we do get that lucky this time around as well. If it's a win or a draw I'd be ecstatic, in case we lose I just hope and pray it's not due to a defensive blunder. The Liverpool team has class written all over their side and specially with Thiago in midfield, it's going to be a long night for us. Having said that, here's hoping for a 2-1 win!

dino bravo

I am usually optimistic, but we will probably lose this one in all honesty. No shame in it either, we are a few years behind them still.

I don't expect a battering, like I would have a year or four back. I see a 2-1, caught on the break pushing for an equaliser, 3-1 type of game.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I always say Mertesacker was the best CB we had since Campbell. All the praise given to Koscielny should have gone to Mertesacker and Monreal tbh, he never looked good without Per next to him. Way too rash and accident prone. Fans just hated Mertesacker because he was slow, same with Arteta who was a brilliant CM but Arsenal fans would put him down at every opportunity.
This.

To me Nacho looked the consummate professional. Hardly ever did anything stupid, nothing fancy, just played solid passes, had excellent positioning and supported the attack brilliantly. But there were always people moaning about him on here. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

A large number of idiots who accepted losing 8-2 to Manchester United and 6-0 to Chelsea along with conceding 5 multiple times against Liverpool?

But fans like yourself will push that to the back of your mind to suit your agenda.
I accepted that without complaint. When you have an audacious attacking strategy without the quality of players at the back you're bound to get found out by expensive teams.

But you missed the point, that strategy got us a nearly 60% win rate, riveting football and continuous champions league between 2004 and 2013 when we were bottom half spending. No other manager in any European league achieved that consistency, on so little.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

They also seem like they’re capable of being proper ****s. Which I think is a skill any great man should have.
I like to think they could be assertive without being proper ****s. A good example is Mourinho saying sly things about Wenger being a failure to the press. Neither Wenger nor Klopp would stoop to that stuff. But on a one to one Wenger was happy to take him on, Klopp would be the same I imagine.
jose-m.jpg

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I accepted that without complaint. When you have an audacious attacking strategy without the quality of players at the back you're bound to get found out by expensive teams.

But you missed the point, that strategy got us a nearly 60% win rate, riveting football and continuous champions league between 2004 and 2013 when we were bottom half spending. No other manager in any European league achieved that consistency, on so little.

Why would you accept that? I wasn't accepting of a manager doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting the same results. Not spending good money on defenders but when he did, he bought Mustafi for £35M. That in itself is very poor.

I don't think I am missing the point. As with everything in the world, things evolve and to move forward you must move with the times or get left behind. The different styles of football along with extra cash that entered the premier league meant we started seriously under achieving.

The thing I don't understand is you are so acceptant of all those poor results against big teams, knowing that every time we go to a big ground we'll likely get battered and embarrassed. Not only that but you're also acceptant of just finishing 4th and think that's a good thing? Between 2013 and his last summer window in the 17/18 season Wenger spent exactly £400M on footballers.

League finishes in that period?

13/14 - 4th, 6 points off 1st.
14/15 - 3rd, 12 points off 1st.
15/16 - 2nd, 10 points off 1st.
16/17 - 5th, 18 points off 1st.
17/18 - 6th, 37 points off 1st.

As he spent more money, he completely regressed because, despite top spending, he was regressing as a manager and stuck in his old ways. In 15/16 when Leicester won the league we should have won that league title and we would've won it if we employed Klopp in 2014/15. It was an embarrassing season.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Why would you accept that? I wasn't accepting of a manager doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting the same results. Not spending good money on defenders but when he did, he bought Mustafi for £35M. That in itself is very poor.

I don't think I am missing the point. As with everything in the world, things evolve and to move forward you must move with the times or get left behind. The different styles of football along with extra cash that entered the premier league meant we started seriously under achieving.

The thing I don't understand is you are so acceptant of all those poor results against big teams, knowing that every time we go to a big ground we'll likely get battered and embarrassed. Not only that but you're also acceptant of just finishing 4th and think that's a good thing? Between 2013 and his last summer window in the 17/18 season Wenger spent exactly £400M on footballers.

League finishes in that period?

13/14 - 4th, 6 points off 1st.
14/15 - 3rd, 12 points off 1st.
15/16 - 2nd, 10 points off 1st.
16/17 - 5th, 18 points off 1st.
17/18 - 6th, 37 points off 1st.

As he spent more money, he completely regressed because, despite top spending, he was regressing as a manager and stuck in his old ways. In 15/16 when Leicester won the league we should have won that league title and we would've won it if we employed Klopp in 2014/15. It was an embarrassing season.
For his spend in the EPL Wenger did not underachieve until after 2015/16, and we all know why he had no chance after that.

So as the famous @MaraDon says, go and learn about football.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I like to think they could be assertive without being proper ****s. A good example is Mourinho saying sly things about Wenger being a failure to the press. Neither Wenger nor Klopp would stoop to that stuff. But on a one to one Wenger was happy to take him on, Klopp would be the same I imagine.
jose-m.jpg
Wenger should have dropped the nut on him there. Failed again.

Keplaz

This.

To me Nacho looked the consummate professional. Hardly ever did anything stupid, nothing fancy, just played solid passes, had excellent positioning and supported the attack brilliantly. But there were always people moaning about him on here. :lol:
Nacho is the original Tierney. Quality as both a left back and centre back. Mertesacker's reading of the game was world class. Always right place right time. But people will always appreciate the players that run around more. Not always the nuanced ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom