• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
We can’t afford to make mistakes. Holding has to do a job on Mane again. Mane gives me Drogba vibes but in the last 2 games against Liverpool Holding’s done very well to deny him. Lacazette has to mark Thiago, can’t allow him to dictate from deep.

It’s going to be very difficult but we’re capable of getting something out of it if we’re at our best.

If we make individual errors in a game like this it’s game over. I trust that those are out of our system.

Last edited:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
A win here is not expected, so it would be all the more sweet. We’ve been battered in this fixture so many times recently, it’s almost routine.

The truth is, it doesn’t really matter. We just need to perform consistently well against lower opposition and we should be fine for 4th.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If I had to choose which of the two Liverpool games I'd rather win next week I'd go for the League Cup one. That would put us closer to winning a trophy.

Having said that and although we are total underdogs according to the bookies I don't look to this game with the trepidation I had last season. We may well get beat but I can't see Arteta's Arsenal disgracing itself. Liverpool haven't quite got into gear yet so we certainly have a chance of getting something there if there is cohesion and composure and everyone plays well. And if we win here I'll start believing that we can mount a title challenge.

Will we play rope-a-dope again? Will they fall for it again?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think this has come too soon. I back us to not be embarrassed and probably score but think Tierney not being 100%, CBs not knowing each other well and CMs leaving a lot to be desired means we'll struggle

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Think this has come too soon. I back us to not be embarrassed and probably score but think Tierney not being 100%, CBs not knowing each other well and CMs leaving a lot to be desired means we'll struggle
This. Also, will Auba be able to keep up his high conversion rate in these big games.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Definitely Auba-Laca-Willian starting. Just seen our latest training video.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You see the fixture, you see we're away and your heart sinks when you think how daunting Anfield can be... But no fans! The win is doable, but to come away without defeat would be great.
Think we’ll still lose. We’re not in final form yet and they’re one of the best teams in the world. More a case of damage control and showing the world we aren’t mugs.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Think we’ll still lose. We’re not in final form yet and they’re one of the best teams in the world. More a case of damage control and showing the world we aren’t mugs.
People were saying this, me included, before the last two times with met them. I’m done with underestimating our power to fluke results. I’m sorry, but we are fluking another one here @Makingtrax

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Arteta has drilled this side to a degree that I trust us in big matches in a way I never did for the past decade.

We're not winning the midfield battle, but if we keep ourselves tight (and avoid playing the calamitous Kolasinac) we'll have a chance with Auba who'll most likely give their defence a torrid time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This goal kinda goes under the radar a little due to the 4 he got the previous season, but it's such a great strike...

...anyone else remember Cesc's post match interview after this game, where he said Arsène was about to start throwing some hands in the dressing room at halftime, due to how poorly we played in the first half :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

People were saying this, me included, before the last two times with met them. I’m done with underestimating our power to fluke results. I’m sorry, but we are fluking another one here @Makingtrax
The odds are not with us bro, even you'd have to admit that. How many games can Auba take almost every chance he gets, how many times can they get off a lot more shots on goal than us and still miss the target?

Odds checker has them 1/2 favourites, whilst we're almost 6/1. And the only thing I know about betting is that eventually the house always wins. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The odds are not with us bro, even you'd have to admit that. How many games can Auba take almost every chance he gets, how many times can they get off a lot more shots on goal than us and still miss the target?

Odds checker has them 1/2 favourites, whilst we're almost 6/1. And the only thing I know about betting is that eventually the house always wins. :lol:
The inferior team are always the bigger price with the bookies. And bookies aside, we’re just the inferior side. And then the whistle blows and it becomes apparent that it’s 11 men versus 11 men. Auba Doesn’t need to take every chance he gets and that’s not the reason why we’ve been winning or at the very least holding our own in the last two games. As I’ve said, the whistle has blown and we have not looked inferior for large parts, and it’s in those large parts that we have hurt them. I see us holding our own again and it would be a moment for either side that wins it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've gone for a draw but of course we can win this. We are a different team under Arteta and we've added Willian and Gabriel since we last played them, and won. Yes they are favourites but they were last time we played in the Community Shield & PL, we won both. City were also favourites in the FA Cup semi, we won. I just hope Tierney is fit, we really need him. Laca will probably get the nod due to scoring in both games so far but Nketiah will be on at some point.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The one thing in our favour is there is no Anfield crowd to play against.

Interesting article in the New York Times about how things have changed since no crowds present in the Bundesliga. Data shows that home teams now have a significantly less advantage. Familiarity with the stadium is much less of a factor than the fans it seems.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/sports/soccer/soccer-without-fans-germany-data.html
And yet we have been priced up by the bookies as if they’ll have 60,000 screaming tramps baying for our blood. So I advise this: put a fiver on at 6/1, take the winnings and buy the dog a nice new fluffy bed for the winter. Job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom