• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Lmao the defence is terrible I’m not quite sure how you could say anything different. It was already bad as it is and then we added Luiz.

You can argue that it’s actually midfield that is maybe our weakest area. Maybe it’s cause we’ve always had atleast 1 world class player in there until recent times so it seems worse than it is.

TBF, I think Luiz was an upgrade on what we had. Albeit a slight one.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

I'd say as a defender Luiz wasn't an upgrade/arguably a downgrade on Kolscieny. When it comes to passing out of the back he was a massive upgrade though.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I'd say as a defender Luiz wasn't an upgrade/arguably a downgrade on Kolscieny. When it comes to passing out of the back he was a massive upgrade though.

Definite upgrade for passing and defense organizing/leadership. I think he’s better in the air. Better at positioning. They both are prone to rash errors.... David Luiz might be a bit more prone to them.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’m not mad at Luiz. A bit bemused knowing what we have, but I think cause I knew what we was getting I can deal.

I would agree he’s a slight upgrade.

Trofton

I think its starting to become clear, you can't ostracize someone lowkey forever. It will eventually start to show and people hate being manipulated/lied to.

Only ever questioned Arteta due to his lack of experience but gladly went on board like any would with a new manager. Same with Emery, fully backed him until he showed some weird sides to him.

The fact that Arteta has absolutely no grounds so far to bench Özil is whats going to bite him in the arse. You don't want people over speculating. Not losing faith but genuinely starting to question his approach here.

On Emery, it was pretty clear what he was trying to establish, its just that the players weren't as on board as they are with Arteta. When the players started making fun of him, you knew that nothing he had in mind would ever work.

No grounds? The way Arteta play is pressing from the first minute to the last up as a team back as team. That’s Sunday league stuff. Özil doesn’t press doesn’t track back
I’m not saying he doesn’t make up for it in quality but Arteta at city worked with KDB, David silva, Bernardo silva, Auguero they all have skill and talent and still press and defend as a team.
Özil has no excuse he clearly doesn’t want to change his game and for that he doesn’t even get a seat on the bench give it to someone willing to fight for the manager

Özil and Arteta played together Arteta knows his quality he’s not doubting that it’s his commitment and for me I’m with the gaffer on this one

GDeep™

League is very weak
What does Luiz being an upgrade mean? Considering what we had was crap? Signing someone who is a little less crap than what you had before is not the answer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What does Luiz being an upgrade mean? Considering what we had was crap? Signing someone who is a little less crap than what you had before is not the answer.

We wouldn't have won the FA Cup if we had Kos instead of Luiz last year...Kos was quality when he had his legs, when he became past it he couldn't compensate for that though, Big Dave can as he is more of a natural leader.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We wouldn't have won the FA Cup if we had Kos instead of Luiz last year...Kos was quality when he had his legs, when he became past it he couldn't compensate for that though, Big Dave can as he is more of a natural leader.
I don’t care about Kos. We had Luiz last season who was poor until June/July? How is that acceptable?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don’t care about Kos. We had Luiz last season who was poor until June/July? How is that acceptable?

It was a poor season last year, and even as a fan of Luiz I can't say he was overly good that season...but it was a crazy season in many ways, sometimes that happens...he is clearly well liked by the players and he did have some very good games last year.

Lets see how this year goes for him, since the team seems on the right track for the first time in a good few years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It was a poor season last year, and even as a fan of Luiz I can't say he was overly good that season...but it was a crazy season in many ways, sometimes that happens...he is clearly well liked by the players and he did have some very good games last year.

Lets see how this year goes for him, since the team seems on the right track for the first time in a good few years.
“He’s well liked”.

You only hear that about crap players. Nobody ever says it about guys who are top performers.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

I don’t think anyone is arguing that we didn’t need to upgrade from the defense we had last year. Hopefully the upgrades me made this year will be good for this season. Of course, we will likely still need to upgrade atleast 1 defender next summer. That’s the cycle and it seems we are cycling in the right direction.

David Luiz isn’t the best. But I do feel he is giving his best.

Smail

Remeber 2 years ago when out of nothing everyone began hyping up Nagelsmann of Leipzig. Without ever watching a game I already thought highly of him, just by listening and reading comments. You can get a really good reputation very quickly. The same thing is happening with Arteta, we as Arsenal fans may not notice it, but the whole of Europe do already know that something special is happening and everyone is talking positive about Mikel. Long may this continue

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Remeber 2 years ago when out of nothing everyone began hyping up Nagelsmann of Leipzig. Without ever watching a game I already thought highly of him, just by listening and reading comments. You can get a really good reputation very quickly. The same thing is happening with Arteta, we as Arsenal fans may not notice it, but the whole of Europe do already know that something special is happening and everyone is talking positive about Mikel. Long may this continue

Not to bust your bubble here, but Nagelsmann didn't join Leipzig until Summer 2019. 2 years ago he was at Hoffenheim.

MA08

Özil is past it as a player. And physically he cannot compete. When people say Özil is lazy and does not track back that is simply not true. He does all of that. But his biggest problem is his inability to win a 50-50. And even worse, he shirks away from a lot of physical challenges. In today's football all 11 players have to try the hardest to win the ball. That is simply a non negotiable. And for Özil he cannot do that anymore

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Özil is past it as a player. And physically he cannot compete. When people say Özil is lazy and does not track back that is simply not true. He does all of that. But his biggest problem is his inability to win a 50-50. And even worse, he shirks away from a lot of physical challenges. In today's football all 11 players have to try the hardest to win the ball. That is simply a non negotiable. And for Özil he cannot do that anymore
You close the Özil thread but still...

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Arreta said he wanted to play attacking football. For now, we don’t have the right players. Most of our players in the squad are not skillful, and not entertaining to watch. However, I’m glad Arteta’s transfer targets are all technical players.

——Willian——Martinelli——Pepe——————
——Aouar———Partey——Coutinho/Ceballos
—Tierney——Saliba——Gabriel——RB———
——————————Leno——————————-

My skillful/technical Arsenal is back, playing the most beautiful/entertaining football in the world!!!!

No giroud, no ramsey, no walcott, no Özil, no chamberlain.....No more shxt players!!! No more ”efficient/direct/keep things simple” shxt!!!

We need our skillful/technical Sanchez, Cazorla, Hleb, Nasri, Fabregas, Arshavin, van Persie back!!!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom