• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yes, I am going to omit the Bundesliga because even Reiss Nelson looked good in that league.

PEA and Lewa played for 2 of the best teams in the Bundesliga and I don't ever recall PEA being consistently ahead of Lewandonski who played for a better team in a league his team dominated.

PEA was top scorer once, every other season it was Lewa and Bayern.

Same way you'd disregard Girouds record at Montpellier or Lacazettes record at Lyon when comparing him to an Arsenal player.

Look, in the PL. RVP has broken 25+ goals in the PL at his peak. His injury record is a lot to blame for the fact that he did not do this consistently. He was a lot more clinical at his best than PEA ever was in the Bundesliga. That's among the reasons RVP is a more complete striker.

Also, the reason PEA works a lot better on the left is because as an out and out striker for us, he is not clinical enough nor does he offer the same skillset a complete striker would.

Bottom line, PEA got a lot of goals in the Bundesliga but pales in comparison to RVP finishing ability. Its not even close.

Reiss Nelson playing like 600 minutes in Bundesliga and having a purple patch cannot be used in this way to disregard the top 2/3 league in the world. He mostly was against tired defenders anyway.

Bayern has been easily the best team in Bundesliga for a long time. In such a team it is easier to score.

Arsenal hasn't been in the top 4 in Auba's time here. At RVP's time there was United, Arsenal & Chelsea mostly who were the best.

EPL was not this competitive in RVP's time as it is now. It was more like Bundesliga at those times, having less top teams.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If you discount all the players who had their peak at Highbury, the best players we have had at this ground in terms of all the factors would be...

1.Fabregas
2.Van Persie
3.Ramsey
4.Cazorla
5.Özil
6.Sanchez
7.Aubameyang

...not in any order.

A few there at their best would be above Auba, suppose it depends on other factors...nothing wrong with the fact Pierre stayed while others left, being brought into the equation to figure out who is the best (not that you can blame any for leaving really.)

Football is a sport that brings great romance/memories, not just all about facts and figures...the way a player's story develops at a club is also key in judging their legacy imo, little things like that make a difference.

Santi would probably be my fav.

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
PEAs vs RVPs time at Arsenal/PL. Lets you know, keep it at that. The point of the discussion has escaped you.

In the two and a half seasons that PEA has been here he has scored 54 league goals. Which is better than RVP over any 2 and a half period during his time at Arsenal.

RVP’s best years in the league he scored:
2009/10 - 4.5 - 16 appearances (he only scored 9 league goals all year)
2010/11 - 18 goals -
2011/12 - 30 goals -

So that’s 52.5 league goals in his most productive spell.

PEA has scored:
10 in 2017/18 - he had 14 appearances being bought in January.
22 in 2018/19
22 in 2019/20

so he’s already had 54 league goals in a similar time frame. The evidence does not suggest that RVP> PEA. In fact it shows that Auba is a better goal scorer and more consistent scorer. I will say that RVP is one of the best strikers of the ball I have ever seen. Particularly the volleys and half volleys. They have very different qualities that make them lethal but I wouldn’t put one over the other at the moment.

Auba has only been at Arsenal for 2 1/2 seasons and in that time he has done more than RVP did in 6 seasons at the club. So after a couple more years we can accurately assess them for now any comparison is premature.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Aubameyang is better than RVP because he never gets injured compared to Van Persie who's always injured. But RVP in his last season and a half here and first season at United was insane, don't think Auba was as good as that and that's not a negative on PEA. I'm much rather have Auba he's just much fitter.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Lol Fabregas played nice passes in a better team essentially made for him.

Aubameyang got moved out wide by Wenger, Emery and Arteta and made it work.
Has won something here and has so far been the better captain.
I know who I prefer.

He played nice passes? I think you need to watch him again cause he was one of the best passers of his generation. Scored 30+ goals his last 4 seasons here and assisted 70+ times.

Did you forget how good he was here?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He played nice passes? I think you need to watch him again cause he was one of the best passers of his generation. Scored 30+ goals his last 4 seasons here and assisted 70+ times.

Did you forget how good he was here?
Me saying nice passes is just me being facetious - Cesc was world class. I’ve just always questioned what he achieved here other than playing the best football of his career. I just prefer Auba.

Plus if you want to get technical, Cesc was signed just before Emirates.

Last edited:

Riou

I’ve just always questioned what he achieved here other than playing the best football of his career.

He won an FA Cup and Community Shield here...think Cesc being here during our trophy drought years, makes people forget those though :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He won an FA Cup and Community Shield here...think Cesc being here during our trophy drought years, makes people forget those though :lol:
Literally like Auba I guess. I remember VP was there too.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Lol.

Well, imma wind my neck in regarding Cesc before I upset people. Auba means more to me than Cesc ever did and that’s a preference thing.

Barcelona always loomed over Cesc whilst Auba looking to finish his career here.

Reactions: A_G

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Lol.

Well, imma wind my neck in regarding Cesc before I upset people. Auba means more to me than Cesc ever did and that’s a preference thing.

Barcelona always loomed over Cesc whilst Auba looking to finish his career here.
I'm fine with you having your opinion, just didnt like the way you "dismissed" fabregas carrying us to 4th for several years. Though you explained that in your previous post

Auba is also a great player. Great to watch both of them do their things.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Can't believe we're comparing the two players. They're completely different types of forwards.

Rvp has a better all round game, hold up play, link up play, creativity.

Auba is a better goal scorer, elite temperament in front of goal.

That stat about chances and goals scored since at arsenal is crazy. He scored 10 in 14 from the off under Wenger...hit the floor running. Imagine if Wenger conutined, team would've been creating tonnes of chances he would've scored 30 odd goals.

Pyres7

When comparing to their time at Arsenal.

This is a perfect "whoooosh" moment.
Just say that then. You said - "Yes, I am going to omit the Bundesliga because even Reiss Nelson looked good in that league."

Sounds like you're ****ting on the Bundesliga to me. We're not talking about the Chinese third division here, it's one of the top 5 European leagues.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Just say that then. You said - "Yes, I am going to omit the Bundesliga because even Reiss Nelson looked good in that league."

Sounds like you're ****ting on the Bundesliga to me. We're not talking about the Chinese third division here, it's one of the top 5 European leagues.

Actually I think it's definitely top 3 league. Italy & France being 4th & 5th.

gkoat

Go figure Auba gets a pay bump and goes missing vs Leicester teenagers. Don't think I even saw him on the ball once today.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
If you discount all the players who had their peak at Highbury, the best players we have had at this ground in terms of all the factors would be...

1.Fabregas
2.Van Persie
3.Ramsey
4.Cazorla
5.Özil
6.Sanchez
7.Aubameyang

...not in any order.

A few there at their best would be above Auba, suppose it depends on other factors...nothing wrong with the fact Pierre stayed while others left, being brought into the equation to figure out who is the best (not that you can blame any for leaving really.)

Football is a sport that brings great romance/memories, not just all about facts and figures...the way a player's story develops at a club is also key in judging their legacy imo, little things like that make a difference.

No! It’s Nasri, Fabregas, Hleb, Sanchez, Arshavin, Cazorla, Van Persie, Gnabry

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

1.Fabregas
2.Van Persie
3.Ramsey
4.Cazorla
5.Özil
6.Sanchez
7.Aubameyang

...not in any order.

There's a lot of players I'd put before Ramsey, he's in the Walcott/Giroud level not one of the best in the Emirates era.

Riou

There's a lot of players I'd put before Ramsey, he's in the Walcott/Giroud level not one of the best in the Emirates era.

Feel Ramsey's highs were better than the next level down, his lows were pretty bad though...feel the goal that ended the trophy drought puts him up a level and in that bracket though.

No! It’s Nasri, Fabregas, Hleb, Sanchez, Arshavin, Cazorla, Van Persie, Gnabry

Gnabry played about 20 games for us mate :lol:

Top Bottom