• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The one thing in our favour is there is no Anfield crowd to play against.

Interesting article in the New York Times about how things have changed since no crowds present in the Bundesliga. Data shows that home teams now have a significantly less advantage. Familiarity with the stadium is much less of a factor than the fans it seems.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/sports/soccer/soccer-without-fans-germany-data.html

always thought the home advantage was a bit overstated but maybe it's really a factor, certainly for refereeing decisions

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Gut feeling against Fulham - Comfortable win

Gut feeling against West Ham - We'll struggle

Gut feeling for this game - I think we will really struggle but its a given that we catch them on the break multiple times. Guts all over the shop :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Why would you think it's overstated?
Why should professional players be intimidated by the crowd? It shouldn't a huge effect on what happens on the pitch. Even Wenger says the same:
“I never in my life could understand the difference between home and away, for me it’s a football match and no matter where you play you try to play well. I never could understand why in peoples’ heads there is a difference between away and home.

“It is a very important game. You know always the next game is the most important in your life and I do not try to play down the importance of the game at all.

“I just think whether it is away or home it is an important game, and away or at home it is the same; if you play well, you win.”

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Why should professional players be intimidated by the crowd? It shouldn't a huge effect on what happens on the pitch. Even Wenger says the same:

With all due respect to Arsène his ideals were a bit naive at times. Of course you're going to have an advantage in somewhere you're more familiar with. I'm sure you could walk from your room to your kitchen in the dark but if I went to your house I would be walking into things and falling over.

Just look at the difference in home and away performances in teams and players, Lacazette is a bum away from home for example. Remember Pulis Stoke teams? Playing them in the Britannia was a pain but when they played away they were like a championship team.

Of course you're gonna be intimidated by a crowd, thousands of people shouting abuse and throwing things at you compared to them singing your name and cheering you?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
If you have people cheering you on it gives you an energy and confidence boost. We’re social creatures so there’s no getting around it. It’s not in people’s heads, it’s just a natural body response.
Just look at the difference in home and away performances in teams and players, Lacazette is a bum away from home for example. Remember Pulis Stoke teams? Playing them in the Britannia was a pain but when they played away they were like a championship team.

Of course you're gonna be intimidated by a crowd, thousands of people shouting abuse and throwing things at you compared to them singing your name and cheering you?
Only the weak the struggle away from home.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

How can Arsène say that...we have have had plenty of seasons where at home we look like title contenders, while away from home we look like relegation contenders :lol:

As others have said, crowds can play a big part in football.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Mikel Arteta: 2
Jurgen Klopp: 0

Jurgen will be out to settle that record big time. This game is about egos.

You read the latest snippets gathered from his interview ? Trying to find and add it later - he sounds like they are reeeaally going to go full tilt on that one.

We ain't just playing liverpool on a regular game, they are going to have that extra motivation which is quite frightening with any Klopp team.

If we don't surrender and this is a close game again, I think the football world can no longer deny that our banter days are over and they have to make due with that fact that we are a serious opposition again.

This is not gonna be easy though, trying to stay hopeful.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

As a natural pessimist, I think we are up against it here. They got something to prove, given that we have beaten them in the last outings.

However, we are on the up, there is no doubt about that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Probably the greatest single match, in our clubs rich history...

...so proud that I can say I was in the away end that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom