• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpower2540

Just had a look at Parteys stats in the champions league. They’re pretty excellent. Starting to come around to this.
Another reason why I’d much prefer to bite the bullet on it rather than go for an alternative. He’s shown he can do it in the biggest moments at the highest level under pressure. I’m sick of having players who are great when things are easy but as soon as the heats turned up they’re nowhere to be seen.

Even in terms of the most basic analysis, as an opposition player I’d hate to play against him. Can’t outrun the guy, hard to bustle off the ball, even I skip past him he can recover and if I go to press him he can still get away from me. Rio Ferdinand was talking about similar in the context of Man Utd CB’s. He said you look at players in the tunnel and identify weaknesses and players you can have joy against. You want players in your team who opposition look at and say “I’m in for a really tough game today” I think Partey is one of those.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Well he's not an upgrade over Ceballos for starters. Different kind of players though and I would choose Ceballos ahead of Partey. Partey is most similar to Wanyama and Bakayoko in style and abillity rather than the Vieira & Yaya hybrid that some make him out to be on here.

Partey is nothing like Bakayoko and Wanyama what are you smoking @Mitch

Partey is an excellent dribbler from deep, something Wanyama and Baka cannot do for starters.

@Rex Banter assemble ffs.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Partey is nothing like Bakayoko and Wanyama what are you smoking @Mitch

Partey is an excellent dribbler from deep, something Wanyama and Baka cannot do for starters.

@Rex Banter assemble ffs.

Disagree, both can carry the ball. As seen with Wanyama in the below video from the 1.30 mark.

Bakayoko can carrybthe ball too as shown the beginning of the this video

All three hyped up to be "world class" due to CL displays. In at least in Wanyamas and Bakayoko cases is that their were impressive throughtout the match unlike Partey who was run ragged by Ox until Klopp made the mistake of taking him off and then Partey dominated the Pool midfield.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Disagree, both can carry the ball. As seen with Wanyama in the below video from the 1.30 mark.

All three hyped up to be "world class" due to CL displays. In at least in Wanyamas and Bakayoko cases is that their were impressive throughtout the match unlike Partey who was run ragged by Ox until Klopp made the mistake of taking him off and then Partey dominated the Pool midfield.

Wanyama was never hyped up as world class. Bakayoko looked decent at Monaco but never ever anything like Partey.

You've literally compared the three because they're all big and black.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

This is something you would say if you have never seen Partey play wtf. :lol:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Wanyama was never hyped up as world class. Bakayoko looked decent at Monaco but never ever anything like Partey.

You've literally compared the three because they're all big and black.

Wanyama earned "WC" hype through MOTM peformances against Barcelona for Celtic. Bakayoko through his peformance for Monaco's brilliant campaign than season.

Partey earned most of his media hype from a how peformed in match after OX was taken off.

All 3 known for their physical attributes attributes and had their technical abilities overrated. Wanyama has long distance and can dribble and Bakayoko for his dribbling.

However Bakayoko found out PL is a different kettle of fish. Even Wanyama who played well at second half table club at PL showed his technical limitions when he went to top half club. They both struggled with the pace of PL, unable to pass the ball on the deck accurately whilst under pressure or attemtping to rush a counter attack.

My worry about Partey is the same. Despite being fast when he gets going running, he has the speed of an oil tanker when turning. From when I've seen him he does rush to attempt to counter from deep and does give possesion away with reckless passing and his reaction decison making in these situations isnt the best .Thats only going to be worse in the PL.

If we do sign Partey i hope does turn out to be the Vieira and Yaya hybrid you say is. I am jusy not convinced from what ive seen. As we seen in past decade the phyiscal attribute DCMs and box to box players have proven to be the biggest gamble in signings in the PL.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Wanyama earned "WC" hype through MOTM peformances against Barcelona for Celtic. Bakayoko through his peformance for Monaco's brilliant campaign than season.

Partey earned most of his media hype from a how peformed in match after OX was taken off.

All 3 known for their physical attributes attributes and had their technical abilities overrated. Wanyama has long distance and can dribble and Bakayoko for his dribbling.

However Bakayoko found out PL is a different kettle of fish. Even Wanyama who played well at second half table club at PL showed his technical limitions when he went to top half club. They both struggled with the pace of PL, unable to pass the ball on the deck accurately whilst under pressure or attemtping to rush a counter attack.

My worry about Partey is the same. Despite being fast when he gets going running, he has the speed of an oil tanker when turning. From when I've seen he does rush he attempt to counter from and does give posseaion with reckless passing and his reaction decison making in these situations isnt the best .Thats only going to be worse in the PL.

If we do sign Partey i hope does turn out to be the Vieira and Yaya hybrid you say is. I am jusy not convinced from what ive seen. As we seen in past decade the phyiscal attribute DCMs and box to box players have proven to be the biggest gamble in signings in the PL.

I think we have been watching completely different players. Have you seen how nimble and "skinny" Partey actually is? He does not turn like an oil tanker. For someone who's 6ft1 he is very quick and nimble in the turn.

Bakayoko and Wanyama were beasts, but they were blocky beasts and as you say couldnt particularly turn well.

This video will show you how his body type is miles from a Bakayoko or Wanyama.

Either way if he joins we'll see what he can really do in a system that isnt limited like he is at Atletico.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Well he's not an upgrade over Ceballos for starters. Different kind of players though and I would choose Ceballos ahead of Partey. Partey is most similar to Wanyama and Bakayoko in style and abillity rather than the Vieira & Yaya hybrid that some make him out to be on here.

Outrageous comment. Partey's technical ability is closer to Vieira and Yaya then those other 2 clowns. He isn't as good as them, but that's an unfair bar that nobody else in the league can lay claim to.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I think we have been watching completely different players. Have you seen how nimble and "skinny" Partey actually is? He does not turn like an oil tanker. For someone who's 6ft1 he is very quick and nimble in the turn.

Bakayoko and Wanyama were beasts, but they were blocky beasts and as you say couldnt particularly turn well.

This video will show you how his body type is miles from a Bakayoko or Wanyama.

Either way if he joins we'll see what he can really do in a system that isnt limited like he is at Atletico.
Seen Partey play enough to get a decent sample. This guy is special and made for PL.

I was distracted by the Aouar movement (who we should sign don’t get me wrong), but this vid reminds me that Partey is what will take us forward. Midfield control.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Seen Partey play enough to get a decent sample. This guy is special and made for PL.

I was distracted by the Aouar movement (who we should sign don’t get me wrong), but this vid reminds me that Partey is what will take us forward. Midfield control.
Yaya Toure when he’s running through the midfield, some real deft touches as well, showing the presence of mind to beat defenders with his first touch or delicately dink the ball over an oncoming slide tackle.

He’s far from a power merchant but has it in abundance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom