• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal| 28th September 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There's not much to draw from this game and definitely nothing new:

3 ATB isn't ideal
Xhaka isn't good enough
Lacazette isn't good enough
Leno is flappy
Etc

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Why can’t Auba play down the middle instead of Lacazette? I’ve never understood this point.

Is his movement not as good as Lacazette? Is he not a better finisher than Lacazette? Has he not played there before in his career?

I’m confused.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

No crowd is absolutely killing the game btw, felt absolutely nothing after each goal. Players didn't even celebrate.

Pyres7

Not that bothered about losing but the performance was shocking. Too many of our players shat themselves today. AMN, Laca, Holding, Bellerin, Willian, Tierney. Liverpool weren't even that good today.

Arteta's selections are doing my head in too, hope that's the last time I see Elneny and Xhaka playing together in a two man midfield.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
A reminder of the work we need to do on our team to compete with the best.

Difficult game but we competed, and that’s important. We need players to come in and help us improve.

We’ll do well this year, that I’m more sure of.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
In a game like that, we needed decent set pieces. What Pepe did with the corners was abysmal.
Twice the exact same corner in a row. Surely this must be instructed (though it’s beyond me why). Pepe is normally on point with his corners.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Such mixed feelings about AMN. Physique lile a greek god but touch and passing was horrendous all game.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Cant take any positives from that match however top 4 wont be won or lost by the result of Liverpool away. Probably 1 or 2 teams will take maybe a point of them at Anfield.

That said:

Pepe needs to be loaned somewhere where he hopefully clicks and that club or another wants to buy him for 30-40m. Hes a wooden one. Hes 25, has showed small flashes of brilliance but zero consistency and adds very little to the team. Also cant take a corner. A basic skill. It isnt hard to put the ball into and area the size of an 18 yard box.

Ceballos came on and added some much needed energy. Should be starting. Even if that means Xhaka dropping out. Which I wouldnt do I would get rid of Elneny.

Laca needs to find his clinical streak. Good movement and runs but killer instinct lacking.

Playing the ball out from the back against Liverpool when you have defenders clearly not good at it and attackers quick as **** is asking for trouble. Arteta should have rectified it as even if we strung 2 or 3 passes out we ended up booting the ball long eventually and losing it. May as well do that sooner rather than later after playing about with it in our 6 yard box.

Getting beat by the best team in the word is nothing bad. However I didnt see anything from that particular performance that suggest we have found a way to beat the big guys. Cup competitions yes but weve always been decent in the FA cup. We need league wins. Leciester did it yesterday. Leeds almost took something against Liverpool. There has to be abit of invention sometimes which wasnt there tonight.

Sheffield United is a MUST win. Also whatever transfer business we are trying to do needs done today. Not leaving it to the last minute and ending up with no one. Chelsea, Liverpool and City have all tied up 3-4-5 players. We need quality urgently.

3 games so far and to be honest we only deserved to win against Fulham. We were poor against West Ham and got out of jail and poor again tonight. Things need to change quickly as we have a horrendous run coming up and if we are sitting 10th/11th in November that feel good factor that we have now will soon change. We need to start taking points from the big teams if we want top 4.

Last edited:

Breezy

You can’t go to Anfield and play two in midfield ffs. Might as well have tucked Willian inside and stick Auba up top with Lacazette.

We were way too timid. Gave Liverpool to much respect. You have to compete. Liverpool are going to dominate the ball but you have to get as tight to them as possible. Be physical and rough them up, let them know early they’re in for a grind.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Bellerin blocking his view and it hit in off the post... Can't really fault him for not saving that. It's not really shocking to me that he didn't go for it. He would have committed to a ball he couldn't get and have been useless if it deflected back to the box off the post. Funny to me that people would rather players go through the motions than be effective.

Not sure about that. I would need to rewatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom