• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Fab was worse. My memories are not fresh with Szczesny to comment on his skills. But Martinez was much better.
I think Martinez height body strength make him much better. Leno seem know he don't have the good body strength to catch balls in air when players around him.

blaze_of_glory

Was a bit weak on the first goal, other than that very good. Great save off Mane in the fist half and was extremely fast off his line to force Jota to miss. No chance on the third goal at all.

Don't know why we keep forcing him to play tiki taka with the cbs though, not worth it imo. Let him make saves and adjust the breakout accordingly.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Leno getting bullied by VVD in the air whilst Emi was the one who was knocking.

320.jpg

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Its what Martinez showed in those 15 games that matter. Even if it was just a purple patch it has highlighted how bad Leno is at certain things.

During these 15 games, it was the best our defense and GK has looked in many years. We need a GK that gave us that same security and the defense will become better again.

I think Leno needs to be replaced as early as next summer.
No GK is perfect and its fair to point out flaws in someones game, going full attack mode makes no sense.

Like many have pointed out, Leno was one of our best players last season and has hardly put a foot wrong since joining. Those who watched or even seen some of his games for Leverkusen knew he had a mistake or two in him, like most GKs but also knew he was highly rated in most circles since a very young age. It wasn't purple patch analysis stuff but over a long period of good perfomances.

During the 15 games Emi played, he played well but not well above Lenos level. Sure, the only thing you can cling to is that he is commanding in crosses etc but not much else. His distribution is not better than Leno, his positioning in 1v1s is not better than Lenos... there is a lot he doesn't do better.

Using every opportunity to attack Leno because Emi, who most of you could care less about a season and a half ago, had a good 15 games is nonsensical.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Yes. The question is why did we prefer Leno over Martinez.
Why did we get the player who is the same age but have played 400+ games an proved to be a great goalkeeper and saved us alot of points last season over a guy that was good for 15 games?

This forum... really

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Leno getting bullied by VVD in the air whilst Emi was the one who was knocking.

320.jpg
Yes I bet by asking "Are you sure?" to a coin toss made a hell of a difference. Let's not forget that he was sent the wrong way for every single penalty :lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Are we gonna see this every time we concede a goal?

It’s probably hard to find a bigger Emi fan than me but people are making out like Leno is like latter day Cech ffs. Scandalous stuff.

The thing that annoys me is we had 0 of this last season, everyone but Hyrdo was more than happy with Leno in net. The we saw what another GK could do and off the back of that sold him for a solid 20M.

I understand people saying we should of kept him but can't stand the constant sh*tting on Leno for ever goal we concede now or any little thing he does wrong, no one will now praise him when he does well either. That's AM though I guess.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yes I bet by asking "Are you sure?" to a coin toss made a hell of a difference. Let's not forget that he was sent the wrong way for every single penalty :lol:

:lol:

I think I saw a stat on Reddit that said Leno has only saved 1 penalty out of his last 34 over the last 5 years.

Abysmal.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Are we gonna see this every time we concede a goal?

It’s probably hard to find a bigger Emi fan than me but people are making out like Leno is like latter day Cech ffs. Scandalous stuff.
I'm going to continue to support Emi, but hate that this forum is making me want to see him fail at times.

Leno being compared to Almunia?! Some of these guys must not have seen him in goal against Barca in '06. Literally cost us our first CL title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom