• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Remnants of Pep's comment about how he wants 100% possession.
Arteta learned most of his tactical knowledge from Pep. And Arteta has said it before that he wants to play attacking football. However, the quality of our players does not allow him to.

If you look at our team, we have skillless players like aubameyang, lacazette, nketiah, Özil, willock......You can’t have more than one of them on the pitch but expecting entertaining football to be played, that's just impossible. That’s why I was always against the signing of aubameyang, lacazette and Özil, never liked them.

Our team need a prime thiago, aouar, coutinho, firmino, benzema, neymar, suarez, cazorla, nasri, hleb, sanchez, van perise, iniesta, kdb, silva......we need to have 5 or 6 skillful players on the pitch to play beautiful football.

Last edited:

musoke

We gave 200M for unai to spend in 2 summers why we suddenly don't want to spend? There something going on seriously and why Arteta say he have full backing and support from ownership he not fooling himself
Wenger used to parrot a similar line.
“I have the full backing of the board, we have transfer fees available and will only sign a player (s) if we think they will improve our team blah blah”.
Lol

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That’s when I fully gave up my “Arsène Knows Best (AKB) membership. It was such a joke window.
Compared to this mess it was an excellent window. 2015/16 we had the most clean sheets in the league. Well done Cech. Let's not rewrite history.

Were we accumulating 8 bang average CBs, players frozen out of the team on ludicrous wages nobody wants, buying nothing but backup players to give an agent a new pension plan, was our head of football sacked for God knows what shenanigans, were we giving 3/4 year contracts to 32year old forwards? :lol:

We were 2nd that year. Last I looked we finished 8th mate. Sick of reading this boll*cks.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Lets not let the disappointment of this summer make us call summer 2015 an "excellent" window in comparison...the ramifications of that window cost Arsène his job and put Arsenal in this current mess ffs.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Lets not let the disappointment of this summer make us call summer 2015 an "excellent" window in comparison...the ramifications of that window cost Arsène his job and put Arsenal in this current mess ffs.
No, it wasn't the ramifications of that window that cost Wenger his job, it was a made up story about boring top 4 not being good enough for the mighty Arsenal that put the Wenger Out campaign into over drive.

Reactions: Kav

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No, it wasn't the ramifications of that window that cost Wenger his job, it was a made up story about boring top 4 not being good enough for the mighty Arsenal.

Mate, we lost the league title to Leicester.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We gave 200M for unai to spend in 2 summers why we suddenly don't want to spend? There something going on seriously and why Arteta say he have full backing and support from ownership he not fooling himself

No matchday funds after Covid 19 and we have no players to sell. Matchday funds is one of our biggest revenue streams.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Ejb3UgFXsAA0_0k

Kroenke is a disgrace man...

I mean do people really expect Arsenal to spend as much as Chelsea? They have unlimited money.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

No matchday funds after Covid 19 and we have no players to sell. Matchday funds is one of our biggest revenue streams.
We have a mountain of players to sell, but not surprisingly, nobody wants them.

Breezy

I agree and don't want to make excuses but Covid sadly has to be a big factor. We're more reliant on match day income than our rivals. The other factor to do with Covid is other clubs are skint, meaning we can't sell players, at a time when we have a bloated squad and really need to sell.

Aston Villa and Leeds both have a net spend of around 80M this summer. So spare us that COVID and match day revenue bs.

Kav

Established Member
Mate, we lost the league title to Leicester.
Short memory?

We were 3-4 that whole season until the final day when we one and Sp**s lost and we ended up in second. There was no contents or challenge to Leicester on our part. Sp**s were second to them for most of the season until Chelsea put them to the sword and that allowed the foxes to win.

We didn’t lose the title that year. We merely got one over Sp**s.

Pyres7

Short memory?

We were 3-4 that whole season until the final day when we one and Sp**s lost and we ended up in second. There was no contents or challenge to Leicester on our part. Sp**s were second to them for most of the season until Chelsea put them to the sword and that allowed the foxes to win.

We didn’t lose the title that year. We merely got one over Sp**s.
First half of the season we were closest to Leicester, and we were being tipped to overtake Leicester and win the league. After January we fell apart and bottled it.

We definitely threw that title away. We should have been up there pushing Leicester right to the end.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom