• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-do-not-have-enough-shots-and-it-is-a-problem

So what happens next? There are only two scenarios. Either Arsenal start having more shots or they continue at the current level and see their results dip and some of the optimism dissipate.

I’ve been saying this, but now people are starting to catch on to our struggle brand of football.

For the record I remember the “boring boring Arsenal” so I personally don’t mind, but I don’t think the way we’re doing it is sustainable.

This is literally Emery ball and it’s funny how fans call him a clown and the worst thing to ever happen to the club when it was actually Kronke. I hope more of you realise we are doing the same thing and it was always out of necessity.

Arteta’s main W is he has our senior strikers on side and Emery didn’t. That’s it.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
First half of the season we were closest to Leicester, and we were being tipped to overtake Leicester and win the league. After January we fell apart and bottled it.

We definitely threw that title away. We should have been up there pushing Leicester right to the end.
Wish I had £1 for every time I've read that same story, word for word, like the brainwashed.

You mean we had most injuries in the league by some way, some totally career ending like Arteta and Cazorla. 15 first team players spent a total of 201 weeks out injured. Great article in the Independent looking at how bad it was. Read and learn instead of repeating nonsense about 'bottling'.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...jured-players-wages-last-season-a7544231.html

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
But then you have guys like @American_Gooner telling us why all our transfers were actually good :lol:
I think @American_Gooner and @HairSprayGooners having been doing their best to keep posters buoyant during this shambles of a window. Telling us it won't be that bad when Partey and Aouar come, you'll see.
I didn't say the transfers were 'good' in my opinion, I posted quotes from Arteta on why he wanted Cedric and Mari. Not really the same thing is it.

Pyres7

Wish I had £1 for every time I've read that same story, word for word, like the brainwashed.

You mean we had most injuries in the league by some way, some totally career ending like Arteta and Cazorla. 15 first team players spent a total of 201 weeks out injured. Great article in the Independent looking at how bad it was. Read and learn instead of repeating nonsense about 'bottling'.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...jured-players-wages-last-season-a7544231.html

Most of those players were known to be injury prone. Ramsey, Walcott, Ox, Wilshere, Bellerin, Rosicky, Gibbs. Even Koscielny was in and out of the team with injuries. We knew they were going to spend significant time off injured well before that season. It's a poor excuse. Also highlights how bad our recruitment (and maybe training regime) was that we filled our squad with broken players and didn't think to replace them with players we can actually put on the pitch for more than 3 games in a row.

Regardless of the injuries we had enough quality on the pitch to win the games we were drawing and losing after January. Missed opportunity, in a season where Man City, United, Chelsea, and Liverpool weren't even in the picture.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta is lucky there are no fans allowed. It would be even more toxic than before. There are now no issues with the manager. It is purely on our lack of investment.

Look at every response to media posts on YouTube and twitter. Its unanimous:

' we don't care'
'Spend some money'
' buy Aouar'
'Buy Partey'
'Kroenke Out'
'Back Arteta'

Every Arsenal fan feels this way right now. How can you turn a fa cup winning season where there is good will going into the transfer window and then completely destroy the connection the fans have to the club. When are they going to realise what they could achieve with an excited happy fanbase.

If they gave us 100 million, but then took the proceeds of the champions league money and only gave us 50 million next summer, I would take that.

I think we genuinely need more investment right now more than we ever have. Partey transforms the team and pushes us further.

Let's hope they do it, based on the reaction.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I didn't say the transfers were 'good' in my opinion, I posted quotes from Arteta on why he wanted Cedric and Mari. Not really the same thing is it.

Yeah but you were justifying every transfer and acting like we were about to sell Sokratis and Mustafi. Saying 'Arteta wanted a left footed CB/Willian' isn't enough reason for it to be a good transfer.

BigPoppaPump

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-do-not-have-enough-shots-and-it-is-a-problem

I’ve been saying this, but now people are starting to catch on to our struggle brand of football.

For the record I remember the “boring boring Arsenal” so I personally don’t mind, but I don’t think the way we’re doing it is sustainable.

This is literally Emery ball and it’s funny how fans call him a clown and the worst thing to ever happen to the club when it was actually Kronke. I hope more of you realise we are doing the same thing and it was always out of necessity.

Arteta’s main W is he has our senior strikers on side and Emery didn’t. That’s it.

Yeah bias eyes show different things. Our football is boring and uncreative under Arteta just like it was under Emery. I think it's the players more than the manager though, only so much you can do with that midfield.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah but you were justifying every transfer and acting like we were about to sell Sokratis and Mustafi. Saying 'Arteta wanted a left footed CB/Willian' isn't enough reason for it to be a good transfer.
Do you ever get tired of making things up? :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Do you ever get tired of making things up? :lol:

Oh now the shoes on the other foot:

Guendouzi and Sokratis were Sven signings, so not relevant to Arteta and Edu.

What's wrong with Cedric and Mari? They're cheap back-ups. I wouldn't have signed Cedric myself but Arteta must see value in someone who can cover both full-back positions when he reverts to a back 4. Luiz put in some decent performances in the latter stages of the FA Cup and took a pay-cut to stay. Not really a Kia handout because the £25m story was obviously untrue. Willian was another that was specifically requested by Arteta due to his versatility, and Pepe has the talent to still come good.

That looks like justifying our transfer business to me but what do i know?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Most of those players were known to be injury prone. Ramsey, Walcott, Ox, Wilshere, Bellerin, Rosicky, Gibbs. Even Koscielny was in and out of the team with injuries. We knew they were going to spend significant time off injured well before that season. It's a poor excuse. Also highlights how bad our recruitment (and maybe training regime) was that we filled our squad with broken players and didn't think to replace them with players we can actually put on the pitch for more than 3 games in a row.

Regardless of the injuries we had enough quality on the pitch to win the games we were drawing and losing after January. Missed opportunity, in a season where Man City, United, Chelsea, and Liverpool weren't even in the picture.
Don't need an excuse for coming 2nd, we did incredibly well considering the injuries we had.

And you're talking about poor recruitment with the current shambles. LMAO.

Man City, United and Chelsea had much richer squads . . . not in the picture!! You're having a laugh.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

The reaction here is a bit otp. Yes we didn't sign a top midfieder, but we saka who can do an excellent job as a creative CM. If Arteta plays saka as our creative CM he'll probably do a better job this season than Aouar anyway since Aouar would have needed this season to adapt to the league.
A midfied of saka-xhaka/Elneny-Ceballos us not so bad.

Pyres7

Don't need an excuse for coming 2nd, we did incredibly well considering the injuries we had.

And you're talking about poor recruitment with the current shambles. LMAO.

Man City, United and Chelsea had much richer squads . . . not in the picture!! You're having a laugh.
It's bad recruitment if you fill your squad with injury prone players. You lose your right to complain about injuries when you know about their injury problems before the season starts and still don't replace them with fitter, sturdier players.

Those clubs are all richer but they all finished under 70 points that season. That's exactly why it was a missed opportunity for us.

BigPoppaPump

The reaction here is a bit otp. Yes we didn't sign a top midfieder, but we saka who can do an excellent job as a creative CM. If Arteta plays saka as our creative CM he'll probably do a better job this season than Aouar anyway since Aouar would have needed this season to adapt to the league.
A midfied of saka-xhaka/Elneny-Ceballos us not so bad.

I wonder if CM Saka will become one of the great myths like Auba upfront, AMN in midfield and Luiz at CDM.

Manberg

Predator

Can you be sure that Arteta wanted them? They are more like Raul and Kia signings to me. Only signing we made that I can be sure Arteta wanted was Gabriel.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It's bad recruitment if you fill your squad with injury prone players. You lose your right to complain about injuries when you know about their injury problems before the season starts and still don't replace them with fitter, sturdier players.

Those clubs are all richer but they all finished under 70 points that season. That's exactly why it was a missed opportunity for us.
You can't sell injured players, and unlike City we couldn't afford to pay their wages, and buy replacements and pay their wages too. In any case Cazorla and Coquelin who got long term injuries in November had no injury record.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I wonder if CM Saka will become one of the great myths like Auba upfront, AMN in midfield and Luiz at CDM.
Look at some of the good plays he's done this was when popped up in a central position or in the left half space.

He's very much capable of doing it. He played there excellently in our game against Brighton in June where he created two clear-cut chances.

AMN in midfield is incomparable to saka though. AMN is worse technically. His first touch is suspect and his passing is head-scratching. The only thing he has going for him is pace and power.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Oh now the shoes on the other foot:

That looks like justifying our transfer business to me but what do i know?
You said justifying every signing, don't shift the goal posts. I didn't want Willian, I said Arteta requested him. That was in response to the comments about it being a Kia signing.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom