• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

2020 Transfer Deadline Day

How do you expect DD to go for Arsenal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Going from Elneny to Partey will be like that first sailboat they had compared to the Thousand Sunny my lad. (not the Merry, but that pitful one)
Having Partey and El Neny in midfield is like playing chess but with one piece that will only move forward and one that can only move sideways.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Looks like we wanted Aouar and Partey (with a set budget), but if we could only sign one it would be Partey. Probably because Partey is more experienced and developed, theoretically less adjustment time.
So you reckon we tried to get Aouar for the rumoured £35m, but if we failed, as we did, we would have stumped up the other £45m for Partey regardless? If so, we have money in the kitty left over... Will Lyon give in at the last moment?!!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Listen to Taylor.. Partey is the one we need. The strength, the balance, the technique- he is a key component for our midfield. Now we can head into big fixtures knowing we can scrap it out if required.

Parety in Midfield, Gabriel in defence... we're looking as close to the invincible as we ever have done.

THIS. IS. HUGE. (That's what she said.)

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Listen to Taylor.. Partey is the one we need. The strength, the balance, the technique- he is a key component for our midfield. Now we can head into big fixtures knowing we can scrap it out if required.

Parety in Midfield, Gabriel in defence... we're looking as close to the invincible as we ever have done.

THIS. IS. HUGE. (That's what she said.)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23220-1384889168-62.gif

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We wanted both, but couldn't afford to activate the RC for Partey + pay 40m+ for Aouar.

We then tried various ways to get Partey with a player + cash deal, but they didn't want to negotiate.

We then went on to bid for Aouar, however it seems that he wanted to stay, and thus ultimately rejected us.

Which now means that we can afford paying Partey's RC, and thus leave Atleti firmly in the mud. :drool:
Let’s be real that release clause.... Partey is a 80M player, 100M in a non covid market after a good season. Atleti were desperate for this not to go through because they would have signed him to a new contract with a 250M release clause.

lufere7

Was meaning to make a post about how Torreira had to be one of the worst deals we had made in recent times, no obligation, low option to buy, their midfield is stacked so he may as well not play, they cucked us out of money to buy partey, etc.

But the club went on and ended up f*cking them over :lol: This is making me so irrationally happy :lol:

Forgive me Vinai :shivering:

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Never expected us to sign both Aouar and Partey, and was fearing the worst when the Auoar deal fell through, so I'm stoked that we are apparently on the verge of signing Thomas.

Was always the player I wanted us to sign from the start. Haven't seen much of Aouar aside from some YouTube clips, but I've followed Thomas, and he's been immense whenever I've watched Atleti play, and he's a big character who always seems to show up in the big occasions.

I'm confident he'll raise the level of our midfield a couple of levels and really give us a push for top 4. This window has been a rollercoaster ride as usual and could have been better, but seems like we've salvaged it a bit by signing a top player in a position of need. Absolutely buzzing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We wanted both, but couldn't afford to activate the RC for Partey + pay 40m+ for Aouar.

We then tried various ways to get Partey with a player + cash deal, but they didn't want to negotiate.

We then went on to bid for Aouar, however it seems that he wanted to stay, and thus ultimately rejected us.

Which now means that we can afford paying Partey's RC, and thus leave Atleti firmly in the mud. :drool:
Yeah, all this seems documented tbh. When you piece all the solid rumours together, it forms that story.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Let’s be real that release clause.... Partey is a 80M player, 100M in a non covid market after a good season. Atleti were desperate for this not to go through because they would have signed him to a new contract with a 250M release clause.

I mean... if iwobi was worth 40 million precovid then sure.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Anyone know about Lyons actual financial situation? I heard they need to balance books, but when?
Lyon bought 30M this summer and Sold 40M so they made only 10M profit they still need to big sales because they made 100M euros lose.

Iceman10

Established Member
So you reckon we tried to get Aouar for the rumoured £35m, but if we failed, as we did, we would have stumped up the other £45m for Partey regardless? If so, we have money in the kitty left over... Will Lyon give in at the last moment?!!

The theory by AFCBell and others has been on the lines of always having money for the Partey RC, but saving for last to negotiate down Aouar and not show we had that big money for the Partey RC to hand. Yeah, we probably had something like 80-85m available to spend instead of 100m, so if Aulas was more flexible with installments, add-ons, etc. it would still be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom