• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtetaOut

**** all the Özil haters and Arteta shills in this thread. Not Özil's fault that Arteta won't start him. This is just a nice gesture from him and you idiots are flaming him ffs? I don't see the others helping the mascot

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

EjqZbcVXcAEq64A

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I mean I can't be bothered to get into the rights and wrongs of this but something that jumps out is how many likes he got on that post. 270,000 likes. That's 100,000 more likes than the Arsenal account got for the Partey announcement. Like you can love him or hate him or just wish the whole saga would go away, but you can't forget just how much clout this guy has.

FreakySami

I think Özil isn't lazy on the pitch as shown in his statistics. Please don't ask me to go and find it for you because I know it would be useless. Most people on this forum and the internet in general double down on their opinion and don't want to go over the subtleties of issues. It really would be a waste to argue whether you believe he is lazy or not. I sometimes wish there was a way to have a bit of nuance and a decent conversation over the internet but unfortunately, people go more and more in their corner and defend it with their lives.

I think what he just offered is a dig at arsenal who told players that they needed to take a paycut and still let 55 people go without much explanation and tried to use the head coach at the time to convince them and reason with the player. He has done a lot for arsenal PR wise in many of his charities but I can see that this one was calculated and potentially ill intent. I hope for the employee that it allows him to keep having a living while fans are still not allowed to be in stadium. I think that's what is more important here.

Do I think Özil would be useful right now for the team while we wait to get somebody else in? Honestly, he would do wonders for this team since Partey came to the team. He would have that freedom that he had a few years back when he had coquelin and cazorla behind him and a great trio in front of him that can bury his chances and are clinical.

I think it's a missed opportunity from both sides and I hope he plays. He would really contribute to the creativity of the team. We have lacked a lot of creativity and have produced less chances since he stopped playing for the team. I think we are more clinical now and we would bury the chances he would help the team create.

ArtetaOut

I think Özil isn't lazy on the pitch as shown in his statistics. Please don't ask me to go and find it for you because I know it would be useless. Most people on this forum and the internet in general double down on their opinion and don't want to go over the subtleties of issues. It really would be a waste to argue whether you believe he is lazy or not. I sometimes wish there was a way to have a bit of nuance and a decent conversation over the internet but unfortunately, people go more and more in their corner and defend it with their lives.

I think what he just offered is a dig at arsenal who told players that they needed to take a paycut and still let 55 people go without much explanation and tried to use the head coach at the time to convince them and reason with the player. He has done a lot for arsenal PR wise in many of his charities but I can see that this one was calculated and potentially ill intent. I hope for the employee that it allows him to keep having a living while fans are still not allowed to be in stadium. I think that's what is more important here.

Do I think Özil would be useful right now for the team while we wait to get somebody else in? Honestly, he would do wonders for this team since Partey came to the team. He would have that freedom that he had a few years back when he had coquelin and cazorla behind him and a great trio in front of him that can bury his chances and are clinical.

I think it's a missed opportunity from both sides and I hope he plays. He would really contribute to the creativity of the team. We have lacked a lot of creativity and have produced less chances since he stopped playing for the team. I think we are more clinical now and we would bury the chances he would help the team create.

Exactly. Too many Kroenke corporate shills here. Poor mascot got laid off and they said nothing. Then when Özil reaches out to help the poor mascot out and he get flamed for that(wtf?). Just ridiculous and shameless from those haters.

musoke

The cynic in me thinks if he really cared and wasn't all about the publicity he would have just paid the wages and kept quiet about it.
That’s not Özil.
It’s all about “See me, see me”.
How come that whenever he gives to charity he has to plaster it all over his social media? It comes off as just disingenuous and hollow.

They asked him to his teammates to take a pay cut and as always like a drama queen he is, he had to make it all about him.

I swear I have never seen such a divisive player at Arsenal in my decades supporting this club. Very sneaky, entitled, all about him, Me me me...”

Can’t wait for this guy to vacate our club. What a waste of money bringing him to Arsenal.
Should have clocked why Madrid wanted him out.

Seriously, what a circus he is.
:facepalm:

Manberg

Predator
I think people who say this just do so to feel good about the rumors they choose to believe.

No evidence to support
- laziness
- arrogance
- doing the minimum.

The evidence is to the contrary actually, from team mates comments and his actions.

I like how people expect him to waive his contract terms, for what reason exactly - so they can be happy. why does his own happiness not matter? why should he bend over and be ****ed from behind because the management want to treat him badly. The same people that say he has weak mentality will say he's being stubborn and refusing to fall and die. You've got to choose one story, come on.

If he had a strong mentality he’d want to push for a move in order to play football. Footballers are desperate to play football. Saying he wants to stay despite knowing full well that he’s not going to play smacks of a guy who doesn’t care. His reputation is suffering for it, it’s not a good look for him.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Don't care how many ' Likes' he gets on social media for this. Maybe he should try his hand at being a social media influencer.

He's got a great PR team, he was a Galactico at Madrid, German WC winner of Turkish origins , plays for one of the biggest names in English football and he's one of the more high profile Muslim footballers. It's no surprise he's popular on social media.

I was probably the biggest Özil fanboy when he arrived and up to the last 2 years or so, but honestly, I can't wait to see the back of him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom