• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Harry Hunter

Emi Buendia.
Would be a very smart signing I think, not exactly Aouar but would be a good alternative for around £20m. Perfect player for the right hand side of a midfield 3. Excellent dribbler, creator, spanish speaking, can play a variety of positions and has the defensive ability to play as a central midfielder. Only 23 years old and wouldn’t command a huge fee. Wouldn’t demand to be a nailed on starter either so we can rotate him based on the opposition. Doesn’t really score goals but his creativity would likely increase auba/laca/pepe/willian goals and the extra defensive stability with partey means less conceded. Also his name literally translates to good day in spanish.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Gabriel, Partey, Ceballos and Willian isn't a million miles away from wishlist stuff.

I'd probably have gone Koulibaly, Partey, Ceballos and Coutinho. However, Gabriel is a better long term investment and Willian on a long term is better than a season of Coutinho.

great window. Arguably, we coukd have landed a cf.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Personally, I’m not against signing any young creative midfielders from the Championship. Benrahma’s name get mentioned a lot as a winger but is there anyone who would be a big surprise for us?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Emi Buendia.
Would be a very smart signing I think, not exactly Aouar but would be a good alternative for around £20m. Perfect player for the right hand side of a midfield 3. Excellent dribbler, creator, spanish speaking, can play a variety of positions and has the defensive ability to play as a central midfielder. Only 23 years old and wouldn’t command a huge fee. Wouldn’t demand to be a nailed on starter either so we can rotate him based on the opposition. Doesn’t really score goals but his creativity would likely increase auba/laca/pepe/willian goals and the extra defensive stability with partey means less conceded. Also his name literally translates to good day in spanish.
It actually baffles me nobody in the Premier League went for him. Would be really good for a lot of teams. In my opinion he's even good enough to play at Arsenal.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
re: Aouar sounds like there was more there, maybe it wasn't so simple as we prioritised Partey over Aouar.

See the thread of tweets.

Manberg

Predator
I’d like it if we make a good young English signing from the championship or lower leagues. Someone like Aarons for example.

truth_hurts

I'd put in a cheeky bid for Cantwell. He'd be great for squad depth. Not really bothered about Benrahma or Aaron's.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Release:
  • Özil
  • Mustafi
  • Luiz
  • Sokratis
  • Macey
33.5m in wages saved.

Sell:
  • Laca
  • Kola
  • Chambers
  • Elneny
  • Torreira
24m in wages saved.
Total wages 57.5m

Can surely squeeze 50m out of that lot?

Like a 100m sat in unwanted players.

That's 10 players, we would only need to sign 3 or 4 including a keeper...

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Next summer should be a good one. Hopefully the pandemic goes, stadiums fill up and wages will be freed up.
Bring in:
Eduardo Camavinga/Soumare
Houssem Aouar/Dominick Szoboszlai
Eduoard from Celtic
A back LB

Sell:
Xhaka
Elneny
Kola
Lacazette
Eddie (unfortunately)
Cedric
Chambers
Pablo Mari

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Super surprised we or somebody hasn’t taken a chance on Cantwell.

Especially as we were looking at Aouar. He’s obviously not on his level but similar in age with a lot of trajectory and coaching needed - I’d have thought he fits the profile.

truth_hurts

I'm on the Grealish hype train now. Maybe one for next summer when we rid ourselves of Özil.

We can possibly sweeten the deal with a player or 2 on loan or even permanently.

Would also like Ceballos on a permanent deal.

Outside of that, depending on how Saliba adjusts to life in England, we possibly only need a short term option at cb to replace Mustafi, Sokratis and Chambers in January or the summer. Team for next season:

--------------------------Leno
--------------Saliba----------Gabriel
--Bellerin------------------------------Tierney
----------------Partey---Ceballos-------------
------------------------Saka/Willian-----------
----Pepe-----Aubameyang----Grealish

My only worry would be goals and if Pepe isn't contributing, throw Martinelli in.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

On my FIFA squad on my PS4, I put Partey in front of Ndidi from Leicester on a 433 formation. Ndidid, Partey & Ceballos. I really wouldn't mind getting Ndidi as a proper CDM. Partey can play ahead in a b2b role.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I feel like we would be more suited in a 4-2-3-1 and Grealish I would say is best in a sort of roaming playmaker role on the right wing. Would suit Aubameyang and Pepe who are more about trying to make runs and score chances, Grealish could be the provider. In that case IMO we'd be a midfielder short, so I'd either buy Ceballos permanently and let Guendouzi come back (if he had a stellar season) or buy Ceballos and Aouar and sell one of either Guendouzi or Xhaka depending on form. Also think we are a quality CB short, so I'd go for an Upamecano next season. I think main priority has to be shifting dead wood tho. I wanna see Özil (£0), Luiz (£0), Mustafi (£5m - contract running out), Sokratis (£0), Chambers (£15m), Holding (£15m), Elneny (£9m), Torreira (£25m), Mavropanos (depending on loan spell - £8m), Kolasinac (£5m - contract running out) and I wouldnt mind even Cedric (£5m) all gone by next summer. Thatd give us about £87m in transfer fees and about £1m-£1.1m a week in wages. MADNESS
Good suggestion on Grealish. But if we have 6 attacking players, I want at lease 5 preferable 6 providers. It will be nice if all 11 players are technically sound and all can contribute in the creation of play.

Goonger

I like Grealish but unless he's put some sort of release clause in his new contract, I doubt you are getting him for under £80M now.

For that reason, realistically for next summer, I'd go for something like this.

Ins
Szoboszlai £22M
Daka £30M
Lamptey £35M
Ceballos / Aouar £25M / £45M

Outs
Bellerin £30M
Torreira £20M
Guendouzi £20M
Lacazette £20M
Kolasniac £10M
Chambers £15M
Özil Free
Sokratis Free
Mustafi Free

------------------------ Leno ----------------

Lamptey --- Saliba ---- Gabriel ---- Tierney

----------------------- Partey ------------------

------ Ceballos / Aouar ----- Szoboszlai-----

----Pepe-------------Auba---------Daka----

Young, quick, athletic, creative attacking team.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom