• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I don’t get why we are rushing crosses into the box.

Surely we can pass it around the box, and work our way in patiently. Just use a bit of movement/dribbling skills and pass the ball around until we find a gap in the opponent defence.

00:40-00:48
Why is tierney crossing the ball?
Should have just make a short cut back to auba.

00:52-1:00
Auba should have use a bit of skills to dribble past his marker, and then making a low cross or short pass.

————————————————————————
We should pass around until we finds a gap.
Our players would have crossed the ball at 00:20. But they shouldn’t.

Last edited:

GoonerBoy19

Very one dimensional, everyone knows now that wing backs are key for us and we don't have any creativity in the centre. Take our left wing back and Auba out of the game, 90% we wont be able to score. Once Luiz went off the long balls also stopped, so we went flat and ran out of ideas.

Kav

Established Member
We’re in uncharted waters tbf.

If we’d have seen him manage other clubs we’d know whether he’s capable of a progressive style of play.

The problem is we see Guardiola football and assume it’d be more of the same. I’ve thought for a while with the way he sets up his teams he’s more of a Moyes disciple.

He’s spent the longest part of his football career with him above any other manager. It’s not a bad thing per se but it does remind me of peak Moyes era Everton as we’re very difficult to beat, very reliant on crosses and poor creating a lot from open play that isn’t a counter attack.
Perhaps we should not have hired someone who we have not seen any evidence of his work. People will go on about Guardiola and Barcelona but that was an anomaly and very different circumstances.

It was just craziness hiring a rookie manager who has never managed before to take on what is literally the 3rd biggest club in the country and one of the biggest in the continent.

Now that he is here the board will have to back him. Give him what he needs but I will be honest. I’m not expecting much from Arteta because he is still learning on the job. I’m just annoyed with the quality of football on display.

People are so quick to say we’ve got our Arsenal back and not actually look at what is happening on the pitch. It’s been rigid. He plays safe football and that’s fine when we are low in the table and need to not lose. Not so good when you are trying to qualify for Europe.

Let us hope he decides to not be so cautious going forward.

Last edited:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Perhaps we should not have hired someone who we have not seen any evidence of his work. People will go on about Guardiola and Barcelona but that was an anomaly and very different circumstances.

It was just craziness hiring a rookie manager who has never managed before to take on what is literally the 3rd biggest club in the country and one of the biggest in the continent.

Now that he is here the board will have to back him. Give him what he needs but I will be honest. I’m not expecting much from Arteta because he is still learning on the job. I’m just annoyed with the quality of football on display.

People are so quick to say we’ve got our Arsenal back and not actually look at what is happening on the pitch. It’s been rigid. He plays safe football and that’s fine when we are low in the table and need to not lose. Not so good when you are trying to qualify for Europe.

Let us hope he decides to not be so cautious going forward.
arteta is not prioritising the league. His focus is europa.

nas7232

Why did we buy saliba and not include him a squad/put him behind mustafi that lost us games/millions. Seems like players were blackmailed into accepting pay cut. They should have been informed; take a pay cut or no game time. Sokratis is far superior than mustafi

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm very tired with these lopsided formations now. They can work in one off games, but are just to complex to gain any sort of fluidity week in week out.

4231, get our best players on the pitch.

Leno
ANN-Luiz-Gabriel-Tierney
Partey-Xhaka
Pepe-Willian-Saka
Auba

Being to start easing Saliba in.

Won't happen though, fear Arteta has the Pep gene where he overcomplicates things for no reason.

Moah

Trophies come and go its the football that always sticks around. We got a trophy from this style of play in a very small sample space. It may have worked for then but you won't be getting a trophy every time you win playing that way.​

For me it never was about the trophies won when it came to Arsenal. I barely remember us winning the league. It was the football that got me to support the club. Winning a trophy shields you from banter from friends and gives you that mojo for about three weeks but then its back to square one.

I desperately hope that its Mikel that brings back our joyful football and he backs it up with trophies, but some here are giving him too much leeway.

The he doesn't have players he wants argument is one that won't hold much weight. If he needs to sign 7-8 players to start off then he ain't nothing special is he? No manager in the entire world gets 11 players of his dream apart from maybe Pep. He needs to start showing us he can make a team play the Arsenal way.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'm confident Arteta will learn from this. Can't believe I'm defending him!

Ironic that Leicester scored the goal that we were trying to all of the first half! It's amazing what havoc that runners can cause in a defence.

Aubamagoal

Paycut disaster

pablo mari

cedric soares

freezing out players

not playing saliba

failing to loan saliba

fighting with Guendouzi

fightinf with Özil

hoofball tactics

stubborn selections

wasting our 70m signing on the bench

Failing to sell last summer resulting in an oversized team

Only good signing was a release clause, so failing to negotiate the price down

Ladies and gents, Edu and Teta

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Poor season so far but won't take much for Arteta to turn it back to he good vibes of last season.

Will he do it?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm very tired with these lopsided formations now. They can work in one off games, but are just to complex to gain any sort of fluidity week in week out.
It's not too complex and we should stop looking at footballers like they are all idiots. Anything that can be learned in weeks or months is far from being "complex" and learning a couple of formations in football is definitely not hard for an average person.
The problem for players is not in our formation, it's the lack of freedom that was taken away from them to play their game. Anyone who played football or any sport in their life will understand that.
Arteta created an industrial system and he forces our players into it, it's a system where you will get more appreciation for following instructions than being creative on the pitch.

Reactions: Kav

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Looks like he has 8 less points than Emery after the same amount of games. Imagine if Unai had the same good PR Arteta has had?
It's the same football, after all, both pragmatic and boring, relying on individual attacking performances without a systematic attacking structure.
I've said a dozen times here before this, we were over overachieving for a while with Auba scoring basically from everything. Of course, that idea couldn't last forever

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Also I used to hate when in his later years Wenger would chuck all our strikers on the pitch at once when we were chasing a goal.

We did exactly the same thing today, a front three of Auba - Nketiah - Laca offers you no creativity at all.

His attacking philosophy worries me greatly. He doesn’t seem to have great belief in midfield contributions to attack and has an inescapable infatuation with Eddie and a Laca who are both ineffective outside the box.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I mean we were also very bad before Arteta arrived, so that should be kept in mind. He hasn't made us a terrible attacking team, he just hasn't fixed it either.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
For me it never was about the trophies won when it came to Arsenal. I barely remember us winning the league. It was the football that got me to support the club. Winning a trophy shields you from banter from friends and gives you that mojo for about three weeks but then its back to square one.
It depends when did you start to support, I was lucky to enter the party in the late '90s, but some of the most enjoyable games were in that fantastic period of 06-08 with Hleb, Fabregas and Rosicky. They couldn't win things then, but boy nobody couldn't outplay them when they were in their game

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Paycut disaster

pablo mari

cedric soares

freezing out players

not playing saliba

failing to loan saliba

fighting with Guendouzi

fightinf with Özil

hoofball tactics

stubborn selections

wasting our 70m signing on the bench

Failing to sell last summer resulting in an oversized team

Only good signing was a release clause, so failing to negotiate the price down

Ladies and gents, Edu and Teta

Conveniently forgetting Gabriel, FA cup win, better defensive record etc. We dont play hoofball, scored some unreal team goals this season already.

Failing to sell would only be relevant if we failed to buy. Stupid point to bash Edu and Arteta. Quite embarrassing post actually.

Lovely reactionary stuff. People will be flailing in here if we lose to United.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom