• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe

Looks like it's a an answer to a question asked about the possibility.
Doesn't sound promising :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Why is Socrates not considered though? Given the number of CBs out injured?
Been dead for a while now but given the club's cost saving measures and Edu's Brazilian contacts, you'd think a God tier Brazilian footballer and actual Doctor would be on the club's radar. He'd probably still have a better first touch than some of our players at 66 as well, may he rest in peace.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Man Arteta if you’re reading this...please oh please stop playing Laca/Nketiah upfront when you have a weapon like Auba in your side.

His intelligent runs and finishing are being wasted on the wing.

If he gets this right we challenge top 3. Laca and Nketiah is a struggle.

sdotzdot

Established Member
I never had a problem with Auba on the wing as he would still get a ton of goals from there. But now those seem to be drying up due to how we play so maybe it really is time to get him up top again.
I tend to agree with this. For a club like Arsenal in the modern game I’ve always preferred to have a forward who is strong in holding up the ball and has more in his pocket then just the typical poacher, that’s why I’ve always been on board with Nketiah/lacazette (sad times) up top as that ensures a more possession/dominant based game.

However neither have proven to be good enough at this to ensure that fluidity and versatility in the attacking end of the pitch is utilised (main benefit to CF who holds up play)

It’s not working, our attacks not working. Do what anyone would do and stick your elite scorer in the centre, it’s definitely got its own holes and kind of goes against Artetas structure but something needs to be done or we will get many more games like Leicester this season.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Works hard tracking back but we need to get him closer to goal. At this stage, it looks like he's following Arteta's instructions as we adapt and try to grind out results.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I never had a problem with Auba on the wing as he would still get a ton of goals from there. But now those seem to be drying up due to how we play so maybe it really is time to get him up top again.

People keep bringing this up but even when he started on the wing his goals came from within the 18 yard box, not from the wing. He was also scoring them with fewer chances than he got through the middle.

You have to look at chances created to get a clearer picture. His xG was ridiculous, and clearly unsustainable.

This all started when Ljungberg came in and if you look at his numbers since that period they have been declining.

How many attempts did he have against United? 1? The few chances we get are falling to everyone but him.

Centre backs are typically slower and more rigid than full backs, which is why his forward runs off the shoulder used to cause them so many problems. Maguire and Lindelof are both slow. Wan Bissaka isn’t.

Thankfully we won but it annoys me that we seem to have reinforced midfield and defence, but voluntarily weakened attack by persistent use of Laca and Eddie over a proven elite centre forward.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think the concern with playing him in the middle, is that he'll get stuck with his back to the goal, holding up the ball.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I think the concern with playing him in the middle, is that he'll get stuck with his back to the goal, holding up the ball.
I don't think so because the fact that he actually has pace means that defenders have to stand off him. He can still drift a bit wider at times if he chooses to as well but it makes no real sense for our only goal threat to be tracking back to his own box and expending all that energy anywhere other than his primary job.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom