• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Xhaka didn’t play and this thread is more popular than ever. You love to see it.
Vultures.

I think people are jumping the gun if you're thinking he's on his way out because of one game. He would have already been gone if Arteta hadn't gone out of his way to make sure he stayed. Mikel wants him here. I'm afraid some of you will have to be holding your nose for the next few seasons.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
We don't win that game with him not on the bench, and for that reason he's my man of the match.

Almost had a wobble when he was stripped and ready to come on, but he sat back down and sealed the match for us.

arsenal-fc-v-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league-5c7677694300368518000010.jpg

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Vultures.

I think people are jumping the gun if you're thinking he's on his way out because of one game. He would have already been gone if Arteta hadn't gone out of his way to make sure he stayed. Mikel wants him here. I'm afraid some of you will have to be holding your nose for another the next few seasons.

I agree that he’ll start more games this season. I’m not sure that it’ll be midfield without some strange tactics to keep him from having to run too much. I could see him go in the summer.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We don't win that game with him not on the bench, and for that reason he's my man of the match.

Almost had a wobble when he was stripped and ready to come on, but he sat back down and sealed the match for us.

arsenal-fc-v-tottenham-hotspur-premier-league-5c7677694300368518000010.jpg
This is rude :lol:

blaze_of_glory

I agree that he’ll start more games this season. I’m not sure that it’ll be midfield without some strange tactics to keep him from having to run too much. I could see him go in the summer.
Will depend on how well this Elneny and Partey partnership develops. Looks very good so far. Xhaka may end up wanting to leave if his role is reduced, so there's that possibility.

Right now I'm just happy we have a potentially very good CM partnership and my man Mo is finally getting the respect he deserves.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Vultures.

I think people are jumping the gun if you're thinking he's on his way out because of one game. He would have already been gone if Arteta hadn't gone out of his way to make sure he stayed. Mikel wants him here. I'm afraid some of you will have to be holding your nose for the next few seasons.
We have answered this question multiple times. When Arteta came in, he was the best of an abysmal midfield. He was always going to be regular starter in spite of his glaring weaknesses. That's why we all wanted to buy two good midfielders in the transfer window. We bought one in Partey. What we didn't expect was for Elneny to give such a comeback. Xhaka is already not promised to be starter anymore.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Vultures.

If caring about this great club over a bang average player makes me a vulture then I'm all for it

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One thing is for sure, this is the first time we've actually looked any good without Xhaka on the field in about three seasons. Good to not have to rely on him for any structure.

We’ve been bad both with and without him. It’s more to do with the players who stepped in. Guendouzi and Torreira both also struggle to get around the pitch.

First time in a big away game we’ve had 2 aggressive, dynamic engines at the base of midfield playing quick progressive passes.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
We have answered this question multiple times. When Arteta came in, he was the best of an abysmal midfield. He was always going to be regular starter in spite of his glaring weaknesses. That's why we all wanted to buy two good midfielders in the transfer window. We bought one in Partey. What we didn't expect was for Elneny to give such a comeback. Xhaka is already not promised to be starter anymore.
Don't speak facts, his feelings might get hurt

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Vultures.

Mikel might want him here but Xhaka might feel like he needs to move. He’s 28, captain of his country and he’s effectively lost his place to Elneny and Partey. These should be the best years of his career but there’s a likelihood that he’s more of a bit part player than a vital one. Arteta hasn’t played him in midfield for the past 2 games too, surely Xhaka is wondering where his Arsenal career is going.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think this should be the beginning of the phasing out of Xhaka. He still has a significant part to play IMO but eventually we should be replacing him.

All I ever wanted was for him not to be an automatic starter on the basis of avoiding mistakes.

His press resistance was killing our build up play from deep.

Now we just need to fix the front 3 situation

blaze_of_glory

Mikel might want him here but Xhaka might feel like he needs to move. He’s 28, captain of his country and he’s effectively lost his place to Elneny and Partey. These should be the best years of his career but there’s a likelihood that he’s more of a bit part player than a vital one. Arteta hasn’t played him in midfield for the past 2 games too, surely Xhaka is wondering where his Arsenal career is going.
Agree with this, he may want tog leave if he no longer starts regularly. We'll see what happens. Think its' still early days on that front.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

1 of those he still played. If players did that on the regular because of 2 games half the league would be switching clubs every transfer window. Nor is Xhaka remotely that fickle especially if it concerns only himself.

I mean enjoy the day and all that, but you guys get ahead of yourself a bit too much.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Agree with this, he may want tog leave if he no longer starts regularly. We'll see what happens. Think its' still early days on that front.
Of course. It’s still early days but it’s a damning indictment for Xhaka. I think he’s been poor this season and he needs a kick up the bum. I told you, those Liverpool games really made Arteta look at him differently. He got benched for Sheffield and then Arteta has deliberately moved him out of midfield in other games. But I still value him as a squad player. He can start EL and Cup games imo.

I’m being hyperbolic because I want to annoy Erliss, YeahBee and Manberg out of hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom