• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

benjamin86

Established Member
but why play saka at CM when hes better as a winger. Ur logic flaws me im sorry. And Aouar has been a huge talent for ages, personally I'd try get both. The fact is we need a creator that is NATURAL at a midfielder (not a makeshift one like Saka) like Grealish
Grealish a natural midfielder? He starts every game as a winger.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Desperately need a creative CM. Hope we manage to get one in the winter transfer window.

Winter 20/21

Out: Mustafi (€5m, ₤90.000) Kolasinac (€10m, ₤100.000) Nelson (loan) Chambers (€15m, ₤50.000)
In: Ødegaard (€50m, ₤120.000) or loan with obligation
(alternative: Grealish in summer at LW and Saka to LCM)

Net spend: €30m, ₤190k/week wages saved

Summer 21/22
Out: Bellerin (€30m, ₤110.000) Luiz (free, ₤100.000) Mavropanos (€15m, ₤25.000) Holding (€20m, ₤25.000) Sokratis (free, ₤90.000) Maitland-Niles (€25m, ₤40.000) Torreira (€30m, ₤70.000) Xhaka (€35m, ₤100.000) Guendouzi (€20m, ₤40.000) Ceballos (free, ₤50.000) Özil (free, ₤350.000) Lacazette (€20m, ₤180.000)

Total: €195m, ₤1.1m/week wages saved (₤65m annually)

In: Lamptey (€35m, ₤50.000) Douglas Luiz (€35m, ₤70.000) LB understudy (€15m, ₤25.000) Daka (€35m, ₤70.000) semi-experienced RCB (€30m, ₤80.000)

Net spend (including winter): -€15m, ₤1m/week wages saved (₤50m)

Leno / Runarsson
Lamptey / Cedric - Saliba / RCB - Gabriel / Marí - Tierney / LB
Luiz
/ Elneny
Partey / Willock - Ødegaard / Smith-Rowe
Pepe / Willian - Aubameyang / Daka - Saka / Martinelli​

Just put some names, but it's way too early in the season to tell who would be a solid improvement for us. I just put names to illustrate a profile

RB: attacking quality, recovery pace for a high line (Mukiele)
RCB: leadership qualities, ball-playing, some pace (???)
LB: young, high ceiling, good cross (???)
DM: mobile, ball-player, defensive steel (Soumare, Henrique, Guimaraes)
ST: understudy for Auba, should be ready to take over the season after next (Dolberg, Edouard)

Also keeping a close eye on Antony from Ajax as an RW option if Pepe continues to disappoint.

Last edited:

Breezy

In
Joakim Mæhle (RB) (Genk) €12m
Kalidou Koulibaly (CB) (Napoli) €55m
Marcos Antonio (CM) (Shakhtar) €25m
Houssem Aouar (CM) (Lyon) €55m
Dominick Szoboszlai (AM) (Salzburg) €25m
Patson Daka (ST) (Salzburg) €25m

Out
Mustafi Free
Sokratis Free
Kolasinac €8m
Chambers €15m
Torreira €20m
Guendouzi €20m
Bellerin €25m
Özil Free
Lacazette €25m

net: €84m

....................Leno
Mæhle - Koulibaly - Gabriel - Tierney
M. Antonio - Partey - Aouar
Pepe — Aubameyang — Szoboszlai

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

thats because of the system. He is best as an attacking midfielder or advanced playmaker

He prefers playing on the left. It’s where he always has drifted to anyways.

He likes to face up his full back and cut in on his right to do that. Even if you had a winger he’d still want to move out there anyway.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Will go against the grain and not say Grealish - with Saka on the rise I actually think money is better spent elsewhere.

Onana - 24 y/o but still plenty of experience (incl CL) and I think we would benefit massively from having a gk with really good distribution. If he comes I'm calling two assists for him (to Auba). Luxury signing though, as we can get by with Leno for the time being.

Upamecano - we probably sat out our chance to get him, but him and Gabriel together :shivering:

Depay - adds goals and versatile in that he can play LW/CF/AM. Plenty of sauce and we'd get a right foot to complement Pepe's left at dead ball situations. In his prime, knows what it takes and contract can be agreed in January

Ceballos - just buy him already. pretty please?

RB - I would've hoped AMN could make the RB spot his, but seems unlikely now and then I'd want to replace Bellerin. Are there any right footed Tierney's out there? Lamptey and Bogle look very good going forward, but I'm not sure on them defensively

LB - back-up option needed when Kola leaves
Revising a bit to make it more plausible

Given Upamecano ship has sailed I’ll wishlist Denayer for next summer. Solid, strong, good acceleration and intelligence. 25, so perfect age as well. Seen him played when I’ve watched Lyon and he’s always looked good. Solid 7/10 kind of guy and should be very affordable with a year left on contract come summer.

Will also add Vlasic as an option to Depay who probably will go to Barca. Seen him mentioned before by someone and now I’ve caught a couple of games (with NT). Think he could be very useful as a false 9, sort of like Firmino. Came through as an AM but has been playing CF a lot at CSKA by the looks of it.

And lastly, Meslier as an alternative to Onana (who I do think is gettable though)

Onana
RB - Denayer - Gabriel - Tierney
Ceballos - Partey - Saka
Pepe - Depay/Vlasic - Auba

If I could dream, I’d add Grealish as well. But seeing he’ll be so, so expensive it’s a real longshot and I just think money are better spent elsewhere.

Onana
RB - Denayer - Gabriel - Tierney
Ceballos - Partey - Grealish
Saka - Depay/Vlasic - Auba

Grealish given freedom to roam and probably will take a LW-ish position in attacking possession. Lets Auba tuck in and Bogle & Tierney alternate overlaps a bit like Pool does. Might not even need to alternate as I think with Denayer, Gabriel, Partey and Ceballos we’d hold the ground well against counterattacks.

Impact

Established Member
Edu and Arteta have noted the need for greater athleticism, speed and physicality in our team. Hopefully the next few windows continue down that route.

Should Ceballos return to Real Madrid in the summer, I'd be interested to see if we could tempt Camavinga from Rennes. Rotate him with Xhaka next season with a view towards him starting as first choice in the seasons to come.

Partey / Elneny - Xhaka / Camavinga
Send Willock out on a PL loan and integrate Azeez as a fifth-choice.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ideal world:

Out:

Bellerin
Mustafi
Sokratis
Chambers
Luiz
Kolasinac
ESR (Loan)
Nelson (Loan)
Torreira
Guendouzi
Özil
Lacazette

No point stating fee's as you cannot predict this, honeslty would be surprised if we get any money for most of them.

In:

Lamptey- looks an absolute top class player and an improvement on Bellerin.

RCB- I'd want an experienced PL defender to play here that doesn't block Saliba's route into the team, honestly think someone like Smalling would have been ideal. Players like Dunk are probably the obvious choice but they'd cost a lot.

CM- id like to see an athletic box to box 8 come in as we have no players that can perform this role. Think Guendouzi was the plan to play this role but I think its fair to say he's done at the club. I really lile the look of Soumare, don't think he'd cost a huge amount either and we have a good relationship with Lille.

AM: Grealish is the dream but would only be possible with CL, likewise Aouar. Szoboszlai may be an option but I'd like to see a bit more from him, no doubt a great ball striker but I'm not yet sure his around game will be good enough.

FWD: Center forward is the most crucial position for us to strengthen in the coming windows imo. Without a competent central striker you cant do anything as a team across a season. Eduoard/Calvet-Lewin/Daka should be on the shortlist.

We may have to make a decision on Pepe as well, he needs to kick on and have a good season.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
CM- id like to see an athletic box to box 8 come in as we have no players that can perform this role. Think Guendouzi was the plan to play this role but I think its fair to say he's done at the club. I really lile the look of Soumare, don't think he'd cost a huge amount either and we have a good relationship with Lille.
Partey says hi. Good list otherwise, but I'd argue we need a mobile DM not CM.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

In an ideal world you sign Isco and Szoboszlai. The former for immediate impact and the latter with a more long-term view, you sign both because we're so devoid of creativity and attacking midfielders that we probably need two at this rate.

For CF, my guy is Edouard, I've seen a few other suggestions for players I know little about so I wouldn't be able to say much on those but from what I've seen I think Edouard is perfect.

For me these two areas are our next biggest priorities.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
IN: Lamptey, Isco, Ceballos

OUT: Mustafi, Kolasinac, Sokratis, Holding, Torreria, Guendouzi, Özil, Lacazette.

Develop Martinelli, ESR and Balogun.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Elxf9BeXUAIdScT

@American_Gooner

Reactions: A_G

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

they never reported how much this clause is...
Didn't know his previous deal had a buyout clause either. I'm willing to go as high as 60-65 million Pounds for him. He'll have ~6 years at the top left, maybe more with the nature of sports science today and if he's able to stay away from serious injury. Think that would be worth it in today's market and given what he can offer. Plus, he'll have HG status.

Reactions: A_G

Breezy

Some potential Lacazette replacements for next summer:

Odsonne Edouard (Celtic)
Patson Daka (Salzburg)
Marcus Thuram (Gladbach)
Darwin Nunez (Benfica)
Rafael Leao (Milan)
Brenner (Sao Paulo)
Arthur Cabral (Basel)
Evanilson (Porto)
Pedro Guilherme (Flamengo)
Joao Peglow (Internacional)
Danilo (Twente)
Adam Armstrong (Blackburn)
Amine Gouiri (Nice)

Impact

Established Member
Edu and Arteta have noted the need for greater athleticism, speed and physicality in our team. Hopefully the next few windows continue down that route.

Should Ceballos return to Real Madrid in the summer, I'd be interested to see if we could tempt Camavinga from Rennes. Rotate him with Xhaka next season with a view towards him starting as first choice in the seasons to come.

Partey / Elneny - Xhaka / Camavinga
Send Willock out on a PL loan and integrate Azeez as a fifth-choice.

An alternative to Camavinga if Arteta wants a senior option ready to start immediately (similar to Partey this season) could be Fabian Ruiz at Napoli.

Think he would be a fantastic addition: contributes to both offence and defence, can pass, dribble and shoot. Mobile, powerful and has great stamina. Strong in duels and tough in the tackle. Intelligent. Can play in a two and three. Left-footed too. Pretty sure he displaces Xhaka immediately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom