• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
An elite defender to partner Gabriel (I would love Mats Hummels). Marcus Thuram to replace Lacazette and bring in Luiz Alberto from Lazio to be our creator or loan with option to buy for Riqui Puig from Barcelona would be amazing!

Leno
Bellerin - Hummels - Gabriel - Tierney
Elneny - Partey
Alberto/Puig
Saka - Thuram/Martinelli - Aubameyang

You can switch Auba with Thuram or Martinelli.

I honestly feel this team would excel! Imagine the pace of that front three running in behind with Alberto/Puig picking passes and cutting teams open. Meanwhile, Elneny and Partey are the workhorses who keep the ball moving and cut out the passing lanes.

This team has it all IMO.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
An alternative to Camavinga if Arteta wants a senior option ready to start immediately (similar to Partey this season) could be Fabian Ruiz at Napoli.

Think he would be a fantastic addition: contributes to both offence and defence, can pass, dribble and shoot. Mobile, powerful and has great stamina. Strong in duels and tough in the tackle. Intelligent. Can play in a two and three. Left-footed too. Pretty sure he displaces Xhaka immediately.

Camavinga starts. There is no way he is rotating with Xhaka. Rennes would be easier to do business with than Napoli, but I wouldn't be surprised if Real Madrid already had a deal lined up. If we could pull that off it would be amazing.

In our current system we need a player to play alongside Partey and we need a CF to unlock Auba. I am not even sure we need that creative player as it could come in the CM next to Partey.

Marcus Thuram, Edouard and Daka are the ones to look out for. I really like Thuram for his aerial ability and strength. It would allow us to play Martinelli or Auba at cf. Edouard would also be good as his close control and vision in tight areas is Firmino like, but also with the ability to dribble and run in behind. I am not sold on Daka. I don't think he is complete enough.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Camavinga starts. There is no way he is rotating with Xhaka. Rennes would be easier to do business with than Napoli, but I wouldn't be surprised if Real Madrid already had a deal lined up. If we could pull that off it would be amazing.
Me neither. I have a feeling he is Madrid bound. Would be amazing, though. In a normal market I could easily see him go for €40-60m.

In our current system we need a player to play alongside Partey and we need a CF to unlock Auba. I am not even sure we need that creative player as it could come in the CM next to Partey.

Marcus Thuram, Edouard and Daka are the ones to look out for. I really like Thuram for his aerial ability and strength. It would allow us to play Martinelli or Auba at cf. Edouard would also be good as his close control and vision in tight areas is Firmino like, but also with the ability to dribble and run in behind. I am not sold on Daka. I don't think he is complete enough.
In an ideal world I would get a creative LW/CM to be able to move Auba centrally and get a striker in the Edouard mold to take over from him long-term. Lacazette can go in any scenario.

A midfield duo of Camavinga - Partey would be amazing but would still lack creativity imo, so we'd need to get some more creativity in somehow.

Impact

Established Member

My comment was less about whether Camavinga has the quality to start and more about whether his body is ready to start for 40+ high intensity games a season at 17/18. But you are right re dealing with Rennes versus Napoli.

I think buying a LW with ball retaining abilities and putting Auba at CF is better for our balance long term than what you suggest. Arteta has made the most of what he has but I'd be surprised if his ideal front three has that type of balance. Even if we didn't buy, I prefer us rotating Pépé, Willian, Saka, Nelson and Martinelli out there than Auba.

Oh, and I think Thuram is crap, notwithstanding his goal record.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We all know Kevin Campbell who’s a die hard Gunner. Well his son Tyrese looks an incredible player at Stoke this year.

Kevin’s said they’ve turned down a move to Rangers because it didn’t fit their plans so hopefully they’re looking to bring him to the carpet.

I’ve seen him on loan at Shrewsbury and like Dean Henderson I wanted to keep an eye on him as he looked a very raw talent but it’s clicked for him this year all of a sudden.

He’s a great inside forward on the left hand side, a bit frustrating at times but he’s sort of a combo of Grealish and Zaha and he’s only 20.

The way he drifts past players and his shooting technique is very exciting. Can see him being the next big English player and I’d want us to have that for once rather than Sp*rs or Chelsea.

Him, Olise and Mbuemo once again have all been very impressive this year. Should be taking a look at all three, especially as I see none of them getting promoted.

Last edited:

Breezy

We all know Kevin Campbell who’s a die hard Gunner. Well his son Tyrese looks an incredible player at Stoke this year.

Kevin’s said they’ve turned down a move to Rangers because it didn’t fit their plans so hopefully they’re looking to bring him to the carpet.

I’ve seen him on loan at Shrewsbury and like Dean Henderson I wanted to keep an eye on him as he looked a very raw talent but it’s clicked for him this year all of a sudden.

He’s a great inside forward on the left hand side, a bit frustrating at times but he’s sort of a combo of Grealish and Zaha and he’s only 20.

The way he drifts past players and his shooting technique is very exciting. Can see him being the next big English player and I’d want us to have that for once rather than Sp*rs or Chelsea.

Him, Olise and Mbuemo once again have all been very impressive this year. Should be taking a look at all three, especially as I see none of them getting promoted.

You don’t think Reading has a chance of coming up?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Me neither. I have a feeling he is Madrid bound. Would be amazing, though. In a normal market I could easily see him go for €40-60m.

In an ideal world I would get a creative LW/CM to be able to move Auba centrally and get a striker in the Edouard mold to take over from him long-term. Lacazette can go in any scenario.

A midfield duo of Camavinga - Partey would be amazing but would still lack creativity imo, so we'd need to get some more creativity in somehow.
Camavinga has shxt positioning. I saw him dribbling on the side line and sometimes getting into the opponent 6 yard box. If he plays attacking midfielders/wingers. It’s totally fine. But as a CM, you need to have positional discipline. Or else if you lose the ball, you would leave huge space for the opponent to exploit.

If we look to strengthen our midfield, these are the players that we should get:
Some of them may not be available, but these are the sort of midfielders that we should buy.

Last edited:

Newchange

Some excellent suggestions thrown in here I’ll put mine forward.

Midfielder - Barella (Inter), this lad has everything, energy, dynamic, outstanding delivery and a goal threat. Reminds me of a young KDB.

RW - Neto (Wolves). Another dynamic, tenacious player who knows how to find the net. Already playing In the prem and stamping his authority on the Wolves side. One to watch

RB - Lampety (Brighton) I’ve had reservations about Tariq due to his height. Being 5’6 as a right back could cause problems marking your man at the back post, But. Wow this kid has everything. Pace, power and end product. His defensive awareness is also outstanding for a man so young.

Last edited:

TornadoTed

Established Member

Midfielder - Barella (Inter), this lad has everything, energy, dynamic, outstanding delivery and a goal threat. Reminds me of a young KDB.

RW - Neto (Wolves). Another dynamic, tenacious player who knows how to find the net. Already playing In the prem and stamping his authority on the Wolves side. One to watch

Neto is a good shout. A few Wolves fans I know weren't bothered about losing Jota as they felt Neto had a higher ceiling.

AmsterdamGunner

RB - Lampety (Brighton) I’ve had reservations about Tariq due to his height. Being 5’6 as a right back could cause problems marking your man at the back post, But. Wow this kid has everything. Pace, power and end product. His defensive awareness is also outstanding for a man so young.

Add Onana in goal, fits the way Arteta wants to play and is not really expensive. Great goalkeeper.

lillejohn

The best from Santi, Xhaka, Edu and Flamini = Ismael Bennacer. Former Gunner, yet to reach his peak, would be fantastic to partner Partey. Not cheap to buy ”back” from Milan but worth every Penny! Would be glorius for our attackers to have two inner midfielders who who loves to steal the ball and and pass it up the field.

Raicore

The best from Santi, Xhaka, Edu and Flamini = Ismael Bennacer. Former Gunner, yet to reach his peak, would be fantastic to partner Partey. Not cheap to buy ”back” from Milan but worth every Penny! Would be glorius for our attackers to have two inner midfielders who who loves to steal the ball and and pass it up the field.

A good shout.
We are always harping on the young talented players that became stars that Wenger missed.
We forgot that we had such talents too. Somehow Wenger didn't play them enough or didn't trust them to feature at all for the first team, even in earlier rounds Cup games.
Gnabry, Malen, Ismael, Jeff. But I digress.
I hope with Arteta, things get better with our academy players getting minutes to show their worth.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Gnabry and Malen are the two that we made a huge mistake on. Martinelli>>>Makes though.

Barring those two, I wouldn't be that bothered about re-signing any former academy players though. Beanacer and Jeff are good, but I don't miss them.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@bingobob

Do you know much about Scott Robertson who’s on loan at Gillingham from Celtic? I’ve got a mate I normally watch League 1 games with who says he’s been really good this year.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

@bingobob

Do you know much about Scott Robertson who’s on loan at Gillingham from Celtic? I’ve got a mate I normally watch League 1 games with who says he’s been really good this year.
Very little other than he signed a contract before going on loan and was well thought of before leaving.

Goonger

Very little other than he signed a contract before going on loan and was well thought of before leaving.

@bingobob, with our limited resources, & with Edouard heading into his final year next year, he seems like 1 of the most realistic signings we can make to replace Laca.

Do you think he has the all round skill set to play that modern number 9 role that we so lack at the moment. I find myself watching the likes of Watkins last night with jealousy!

Top Bottom