• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
It's the simple things sometimes. Honest endeavor and then seeing it's instant reward. Fans love that. If you see a few of them doing that, you walk home knowing it's in good hands. That's a captains effort.
Matlin Niles could learn a thing or two from that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He was great - comfortably the best game he’s ever had in an Arsenal shirt - but some of the consequent overrating is verging on the insane now.

Let’s see if he can keep up that level moving forward before going crazy over him. And how he moves the ball against a low block.
I think it'd be too much to expect him to do well in that scenario, unless we see a side to his game that nobody has seen so much of glimpse of yet. In this setup, he'll do well when the game is in the middle but I can't see him penetrating a deep defence with runs or passes. I'm just happy to know he has this kind of game in these circumstance in him.

say yes

forum master baiter
If you’ve been paying attention he’s been playing this way consistently throughout the season. He was as good, if not better against Fulham and Sheffield Utd who both defended deep.

It was his incisive pass for Bellerin’s run that gave us the breakthrough against the latter.
Strongly disagree; I think the United game was the best performance of his career for us. Certainly the most I've ever seen him pass the ball forwards.

He was solid against Fulham but I was disappointed with his complete lack of positivity against Sheffield. Didn't offer much creativity or drive in either game. Had a check back on here (page 22) to see if I'm misremembering things and he was hardly getting rave reviews.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The only gutting thing is we weren't 2-0 up in front of a packed crowd so he could have been subbed and roared off the pitch by our away fans.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Elneny is the type of player that matches the level of his midfield partner, he's the perfect sidekick midfielder...when he first arrived, he was quality, as Coq was quite good back then...now he looks fantastic next to Don Partey.

In-between that though he was so poor, that he had to be loaned to Besiktas...hmmm, I wonder whom our main midfielder between 2017-2020 was, that guy must have been crap to make Mo look so bad!

TornadoTed

Established Member
In-between that though he was so poor

Really? I don't recall ever seeing Elneny look poor, I've seen him look functional, dull and beige plenty of times but never what I would call poor.

I can't remember thinking 'oh my God, Mo has had a shocker and cost us the game' unlike the numerous times I've thought that of Xhaka, Mustafi, Luiz etc.

I've always thought of him as incredibly consistent, a 5 or 6 out of 10 kind of player, never standing out as great or poor. If he can produce that consistency but at a 7 or 8 out of 10 level he could be a big player for us with his seemingly limitless energy.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Strongly disagree; I think the United game was the best performance of his career for us. Certainly the most I've ever seen him pass the ball forwards.

He was solid against Fulham but I was disappointed with his complete lack of positivity against Sheffield. Didn't offer much creativity or drive in either game. Had a check back on here (page 22) to see if I'm misremembering things and he was hardly getting rave reviews.

That’s your reference?

Just rewatch the games. He was hitting 30 yard cross field passes, daisy cutters, and breaking forward with the ball. The problem is people lazily just profile him as a safe passer based on the past and don’t see what he’s doing now.

He was excellent going forward in both those games mentioned and the community shield against Liverpool. As I mentioned it was him who made the breakthrough pre assist v Sheffield Utd, and allowed Bellerin to push forward.

It’s not a coincidence that we always have more attacking impetus when he’s moved into that inside right midfield channel.

The performance at Old Trafford may have surprised you but it didn’t come out of nowhere.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Leicester the best scouting team in PL wanted him. If he played like Sunday every week it would be amazing. He's developed his game so hopefully he continues like this

say yes

forum master baiter
That’s your reference?

Just rewatch the games. He was hitting 30 yard cross field passes, daisy cutters, and breaking forward with the ball. The problem is people lazily just profile him as a safe passer based on the past and don’t see what he’s doing now.

He was excellent going forward in both those games mentioned and the community shield against Liverpool. As I mentioned it was him who made the breakthrough pre assist v Sheffield Utd, and allowed Bellerin to push forward.

It’s not a coincidence that we always have more attacking impetus when he’s moved into that inside right midfield channel.

The performance at Old Trafford may have surprised you but it didn’t come out of nowhere.
No, my reference is having watched those games live at the time.

May as well leave this here as there's zero chance I'm going to go back and watch them again just because you're saying (several months later) that you think those performances were as good if not better as the one against United.

Should have debated this months ago when the games was fresh in the mind.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We call it the Coquelin/Song effect.

A flower has bloomed from formerly barren soil.

Next stop Barcelona!!

It’s usually a weed :( . .. Although the definition is interesting : A wildflower growing where it is not wanted, and in competition with cultivated plants... :lol:

Well he’s definitely at least in competition, and he’s there because he is anything but wild. The definition of a weed is actually Xhaka when you think about it!

I was right about him all along. I think some of you guys judge certain players too quickly and too harshly. This guy has been solid for at least 4 of his last games. People have been going on about him passing sideways and sometimes you wonder what game they are watching. It is as if some of you want him to fail here which is so sad.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I was right about him all along. I think some of you guys judge certain players too quickly and too harshly. This guy has been solid for at least 4 of his last games. People have been going on about him passing sideways and sometimes you wonder what game they are watching. It is as if some of you want him to fail here which is so sad.
I think it’s more you’ve been wrong about him for 4 years and right about in for three days? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom