• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta will be sacked in January, with Per made interim coach until the summer, Mert's first act will be to register Özil and put him back in the team. (Edu will be sacked before the end of the season too.)

Think this is how it will go.
I know you’re joking, but let’s say the above happens, Arteta gets sacked, that means our season must be terrible and not much left to play for - in that case, bringing Özil back in January, for 3 months, makes no sense anyway, you rather give the minutes to a kid.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
lol but we've seen these performances from him from even under Wenger though.

Özil should definitely be in the squad for sure - but some of the stuff you say isn't right.
no. i agree that he shouldnt be in the squad. Thats the correct thing to do. instead of forcing the manager to make up stories about strategic reasons, training effort based selections, discipline, glove kicking etc. Now at least Kroenke has owned up to the fact that Özil is ostracized, unwanted and is not to be played under any circumstances.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I know you’re joking, but let’s say the above happens, Arteta gets sacked, that means our season must be terrible and not much left to play for - in that case, bringing Özil back in January, for 3 months, makes no sense anyway, you rather give the minutes to a kid.
not if u are flirting with relegation. If you recall the last days of Emery...

MikeVinna

Established Member
Leaving Özil out of the PL squad has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen in football. Nothing like this has ever happened in the PL before.

We all know if Özil got on his knees and took a pay cut like his master wanted, then he would still be getting minutes.

Funniest thing to me is how the clubs social media team is posting all sorts of positive messages acting like no one will realise how poorly they are handling this.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
People are just making things up on here now. There are two possible scenario's.

1. What Arteta and Özil said was correct. Özil was dropped for ''Footballing reasons''

2. Özil wasn't dropped for football reasons as Özil and his representatives have insinuated.

There's no proof that either is correct, we're all theorising. People shouldn't be trying to make option 2 a statement of fact, because it categorically isn't.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Is that the manager that played him regularly until he refused a pay cut.?

And daddy isn’t coming home, you and your brothers told him to **** off because you wanted a new daddy that would give you bigger and better presents. But instead of an Xbox series X you’ve got a game of Mousetrap from the 2nd hand store.:lol:
Got an FA cup in a few months and actual hope, as opposed to Groundhog Day seasons and total humiliation. I’d take this over that any day.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We're a proper social media club now man it's sad. Özil don't even get games but is doing twitter fingers and Auba ain't scored since his contract but he's banging out on Twitter right now.
Özil is dragging others into his **** predicament. What’s Auba meant to do, blank that tweet? Of course he has to respond.

Reactions: roz

shoot for the top

Let's be honest, NO ONE in the current team can spot a pass like Özil. We desperately need some creativity. Those of you who say otherwise are not being logical. Even if your reason is that he "doesn't do enough work off the ball", you have to ask yourself if emphasizing "work off the ball" stuff is working. It is not working, as shown by the lack of goal threat and our form this season. If we want to have a chance to fight for 4th place, we need to bring him or someone else in the next transfer window. At the same time, it's a waste not to use him, he's not going to leave.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Got an FA cup in a few months and actual hope, as opposed to Groundhog Day seasons and total humiliation. I’d take this over that any day.
So you swapped 20 years of continuous top 4, 7 FA Cups, 3 EPL titles, for 1 FA Cup, mid table and a spoonful of hope. All because you were bored. LMAO.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
So you swapped 20 years of continuous top 4, 7 FA Cups, 3 EPL titles, for 1 FA Cup, mid table and a spoonful of hope. All because you were bored. LMAO.
We’d be in the championship and Wenger would probably be six foot under if you had your way... No, wait, you wanted him gone for your own reasons too...

So what is it you’re trying to achieve here again ? :lol:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
People are desperate to try and spin this thread into
Pro Kroenke (If there actually are any on here) vs Anti Kroenke.
Pro Arteta vs Anti Arteta.
Pro Wenger vs Anti Wenger.

Cool, but none of those debates alters the fact Özil has 4 assists in his last 2 seasons.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We’d be in the championship and Wenger would probably be six foot under if you had your way... No, wait, you wanted him gone for your own reasons too...

So what is it you’re trying to achieve here again ? :lol:
Wenger would have left by his own. Plus, if you gave him this team, he would have done better than this.

It would be still exasperating nonetheless.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenger would have left by his own. Plus, if you gave him this team, he would have done better than this.

It would be still exasperating nonetheless.
Mate seriously, he was doing worse with better options. That argument holds no water at all. It’s pure nostalgia.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
People are desperate to try and spin this thread into
Pro Kroenke (If there actually are any on here) vs Anti Kroenke.
Pro Arteta vs Anti Arteta.
Pro Wenger vs Anti Wenger.

Cool, but none of those debates alters the fact Özil has 4 assists in his last 2 seasons.
It’s desperate stuff. What I love is the fact that it’s all they have. Other than that, they have to face reality and can’t change anything.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I’ve not seen Özil managed effectively since Wenger.
I’m sure Wenger would have got a tune out of Pepe and Guendouzi as well.

I’d like to think Wenger would like Partey, he is the type of midfielder you’d have seen in Wenger’s first 10 years as Arsenal mananger. Definitely not the 10 years after though

Our defence would still be rubbish I will admit.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I’ve not seen Özil managed effectively since Wenger.
I’m sure Wenger would have got a tune out of Pepe and Guendouzi as well.

I’d like to think Wenger would like Partey, he is the type of midfielder you’d have seen in Wenger’s first 10 years as Arsenal mananger. Definitely not the 10 years after though

Our defence would still be rubbish I will admit.
He was being mollycoddled by Wenger, but even that was failing to get much out of him. Pretty clear to me that lost what motivation he had left as soon as Wenger went. I fancy Wenger would have managed Guendouzi more sympathetically but then I reckon Guendouzi also wouldn’t have been the knob he was under Mikel... Who knows? Pointless guessing though. All we now is Wenger looked cooked and had seemingly lost his touch with the younger players. Even the experienced players would pledge allegiance one day then go out the next day and play totally gutless, drunk football. Total embarrassments they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom