• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Let's play Aubamawang

It's probably for the best that my internet went down so I couldn't watch the game, but how did Nelson do? It seems like we really struggled in attack, but if he did everything Arteta asked of him, then hopefully he will be playing ahead of Willian/Pepe at last.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Awful game, cant even take a corner. When you get your chance you have to grab it like Saka did. Today Willock, who I've been praising a lot recently, and Nelson did themselves no favours. If we buy attacking players in Jan or summer, Nelson & Willock will be 2 of our current players who suffer. On todays evidence, they will have only themselves to blame.

REWB

He's better than pepe, so just play him. Thing is with him is that he's good on the ball but he cant bloody shoot. He needs to have more hunger and PRACTICE shooting privately and he'll 100% get better at it and be a top player. But its up to him

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's probably for the best that my internet went down so I couldn't watch the game, but how did Nelson do? It seems like we really struggled in attack, but if he did everything Arteta asked of him, then hopefully he will be playing ahead of Willian/Pepe at last.
I'm gonna watch later but the feedback's been very mixed. One mate of mine said he was absolute **** and couldn't beat his first man on any of his corners (the latter I definitely believe :lol:). Everyone else has said he ranged from average to fine - one said they think Saka-Nelson should be the starting wingers from now on.

I can't say because I didn't watch but I am not expecting perfect performances from anyone. Just want them to get the game time and build the momentum up because I think they can eventually start to deliver. Heard Willock wasn't good either so that puts a dent in my hopes for them but onwards to Thursday.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's better than pepe, so just play him. Thing is with him is that he's good on the ball but he cant bloody shoot. He needs to have more hunger and PRACTICE shooting privately and he'll 100% get better at it and be a top player. But its up to him
He can shoot to be fair, but I think there's still a lack of conviction from both Willock and Nelson at the moment, particularly in the league where minutes are a premium. Just needs to back himself and get into those shooting positions a lot more. I hope to see more on Thursday.

He struggled with his corners, which he always does. Other than that he looked energetic, and like he has finally adapted to the pace of the PL. Looked safe and confident on the ball. Should have had a freekick after what looked like him nutmegging a leeds player with his back turned which was not given. Other than that he did not really see much of the ball.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Against 10 men his work will be mostly defensive he did well apart maybe one moment he'll get more chances now with Pepe out

DasBootist

He did fine. Burst forward with intent and prevented Leeds from pushing too high up as a result.

As for corners, which Arsenal player has been a consistent threat with their corners this season?

FinnGooner

Established Member
Now with Pepe pretty much done, Saka possibly out with injury and Willian being pants, I reckon Nelson will get his chance

Let's play Aubamawang

I'm gonna watch later but the feedback's been very mixed. One mate of mine said he was absolute **** and couldn't beat his first man on any of his corners (the latter I definitely believe :lol:). Everyone else has said he ranged from average to fine - one said they think Saka-Nelson should be the starting wingers from now on.

I can't say because I didn't watch but I am not expecting perfect performances from anyone. Just want them to get the game time and build the momentum up because I think they can eventually start to deliver. Heard Willock wasn't good either so that puts a dent in my hopes for them but onwards to Thursday.
Yeah I wasn't expecting a world beating performance ofc given the whole team was apparently very poor bar Leno. Just surprised he was the first sub for a change. Hopefully the game time gives him confidence to kick on.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I wasn't expecting a world beating performance ofc given the whole team was apparently very poor bar Leno. Just surprised he was the first sub for a change. Hopefully the game time gives him confidence to kick on.
Me too, he should be in line for some more substantial football. Sounded like Willian had a minor injury too tbf so could be more league minutes. I want him to start getting goals and assists, starting on Thursday.

WilshereGone

Thought he looked more confident on the ball than I've seen him before in the PL. Clearly we aren't a team that's gonna look good on the ball and pass teams off the pitch, so I wouldn't mind seeing Saka and Reiss being given a chance to be direct wingers either side of Arteta. Midfield of Partey, Willock and Elneny behind them, players that can get about the pitch. Would be interesting to see.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm watching now - he barely touched the ball, I can't even say he was good or bad. He did like 5 things the whole game, not counting the terrible corners :lol:.

FinnGooner

Established Member
worst thing that can happen to him. He will be exposed and the myth will die

Probably. I'm never been convinced of Nelson but now he will probably have a string of games to show what he can do. If a more regular playing time unlocks some of the confidence related issues in his game, he can at least be much better than what we've seen so far. Never a world beater though

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Whenever I watch him play his end product is always quite poor. But in fairness he's the only winger in our squad who can drift past a man within a split second. His touch and dribbling are pretty elite I wont lie. He needs to be given the chance now Pepe is out for the foreseeable. Even if his end product is still meh he'll create mayhem in the opposition box.

Top Bottom