• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It’s getting interesting now, no point tuning out. Arteta is under pressure.
Lol the agendas are flowing

but yeah I’m just not feeling it, the inconsistency of the discipline, the line ups, our whole approach, the controversies , the constant exile of players (Özil, Guendouzi, Saliba, now Pepe RIP) - I feel like we’ve fallen for a false dawn and we’re back to square one.

Sp**s and Wolves all of a sudden don’t look very winnable anymore.

Kav

Established Member
Wenger over performed. Even at the end.

I'm not Arteta out, and I don't want to get on his back, this is not an easy job. I really don't enjoy watching us at all. We are not threatening, and we don't have many identifiable strengths as a team.

You could argue defensive solidity, but its really just bodies in the box isn't it. We've seen Burnley teams do that and be hard to beat. I don't think we are more than the sum of our parts, and our parts are now mid-table.

Perhaps we shouldn't have gotten rid of the guys who had the eye for unearthing talents over the years (Wenger,Cagigao and others)?

Maybe we should have retained them solely for the purpose of talent development and acquisition. How do you expect to get the luxury, comfort and power of a S class Sedan from a Lada Samara I do not know.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
As a bitterly hurting wenger said then, you cannot call yourself a big club if you sell Nasri and Cesc in the same window.

No point blaming anyone but the board and ownership for the steady slide down since those days.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Difference between us now and 10 years ago is not that big player wise. It's just that teams that we use to beat regularly with ease in the past, now have atleast 5 or 6 players who would walk into our squad, when 10 years ago you wouldn't touch any of them.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

He's blaming players' lack of whatever instead of examining his own tactics.

Not a good sign for a manager.

Last edited:

ArtetaOut

54c7aba72422f0a039f67d9542248a21f76b9540_2_690x445.png

200.gif

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I'm thankful for Mikel galvanizing the squad at a turbulent time and delivering two trophies but I want my Wengerball back. :(

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Cannot say I'm surprised with how things are going right now;

I like Arteta but this is to be expected when you sign a manager with zero experience when the club is going through a rebuild with questionable characters in the squad.

The players didnt want to turn up for Emery, some didnt even turn up for Wenger.

Lets be honest, Arteta had it easy at Man City and the situations are night and day, if Man City had an issue money would be thrown at it, Arsenal cant do that, bad performance from a Man City player and he will get replaced by a internationally capped player, Arsenal cant do that. Even when Man City did lose it was Pep's fault anyway.

Arteta is learning on the job, has to figure out how to turn the corner, raise the spirits whilst trying to win games in arguably the toughest league in the world with a lot of expectation that we win pretty much every game unless its a big 6 club.

Arteta gained the 'managerial' experience at a club like no other, in the past we've looked excellent under Arteta BUT he doesnt know how to sustain the form as he has never had to know due to being at City during the golden period where everything was easy.

Will Arteta come good, yeah I think so but it will take a hell of a lot of time and experience, will he get that at Arsenal I dont know.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Cannot say I'm surprised with how things are going right now;

I like Arteta but this is to be expected when you sign a manager with zero experience when the club is going through a rebuild with questionable characters in the squad.

The players didnt want to turn up for Emery, some didnt even turn up for Wenger.

Lets be honest, Arteta had it easy at Man City and the situations are night and day, if Man City had an issue money would be thrown at it, Arsenal cant do that, bad performance from a Man City player and he will get replaced by a internationally capped player, Arsenal cant do that. Even when Man City did lose it was Pep's fault anyway.

Arteta is learning on the job, has to figure out how to turn the corner, raise the spirits whilst trying to win games in arguably the toughest league in the world with a lot of expectation that we win pretty much every game unless its a big 6 club.

Arteta gained the 'managerial' experience at a club like no other, in the past we've looked excellent under Arteta BUT he doesnt know how to sustain the form as he has never had to know due to being at City during the golden period where everything was easy.

Will Arteta come good, yeah I think so but it will take a hell of a lot of time and experience, will he get that at Arsenal I dont know.

I would argue that the players are currently not turning up for Arteta.

They look positively despondent on the pitch. There's no joy in their play, no enthusiasm or commitment. It's quite a contrast to what we saw in the squad pre-covid. Something is wrong behind the scenes.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
After sleeping on that performance I'm still behind Arteta BUT there will come a point quite soon that I'll have to change my mind if things don't turn around.

I dont think our next league games are too bad.

Wolves (H)
Sp**s (A)
Burnley (H)
Southampton (H)
Everton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Brighton (A)
West Brom (A)
Palace (H)
Newcastle (H)
Southampton (A)
United (H)

All those league games cover up until the end of January. 13 games. Sp**s and Everton away will be the most difficult there imo. The rest are fairly winnable.

Desperately need to start scoring because its becoming ridiculous. We are like a premier league striker who's not confident in front of goal atm.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
After sleeping on that performance I'm still behind Arteta BUT there will come a point quite soon that I'll have to change my mind if things don't turn around.

I dont think our next league games are too bad.

Wolves (H)
Sp**s (A)
Burnley (H)
Southampton (H)
Everton (A)
Chelsea (H)
Brighton (A)
West Brom (A)
Palace (H)
Newcastle (H)
Southampton (A)
United (H)

All those league games cover up until the end of January. 13 games. Sp**s and Everton away will be the most difficult there imo. The rest are fairly winnable.

Desperately need to start scoring because its becoming ridiculous. We are like a premier league striker who's not confident in front of goal atm.

Wolves, Mourinho & Burnley. They love to sit deep though which what Arsenal hates right now since you guys struggle to create chance/goals.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Poor perfromances are piling up and Arteta looks more and more like an interim coach that was tactically found out after a positive start rather than a proper manager able to adress the issues within the squad.

Hope I'm wrong but Arteta and the squad need to step it up quickly or this can become very ugly.

AmsterdamGunner

Arteta is struggling and I agree with people asking till what point can the club back Arteta or at what point will he lose the players. I would really like to see Arteta succeed but it looks difficult right now. On the other hand, the club just restructured everything around Arteta and Edu, it would be ludicrous to change that again so soon. Difficult situation, especially as results and performances stay so poor.

TornadoTed

Established Member
You could see the dissapointment in willocks face when he sees that he is the one to be substituted. I think part of our squad is unsetlled at the moment and feels misjuged and this is a very bad sign...

I was worried about this sort of thing, our squad is far too big. We have 31 players in our first team squad, discontent at not playing was always going to be an issue.

I don't think the club is solely to blame, I think we may of seen another 4-5 departures over the summer if it wasn't for Covid.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We need to start playing our best eleven.

————————Martinelli—————————
—Willian—————————————Pepe—
————Saka——Partey——Ceballos————
—Tierney—Gabriel——Saliba—Bellerin——
——————————Leno——————————

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We need to start playing our best eleven.

————————Martinelli—————————
—Willian—————————————Pepe—
————Saka——Partey——Ceballos————
—Tierney—Gabriel——Saliba—Bellerin——
——————————Leno——————————

Martinelli hasn't played for months and we haven't seen Saliba play a game of competitive football :lol::lol::lol::lol: some people on here I swear to god.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I would argue that the players are currently not turning up for Arteta.

They look positively despondent on the pitch. There's no joy in their play, no enthusiasm or commitment. It's quite a contrast to what we saw in the squad pre-covid. Something is wrong behind the scenes.

Agreed, that is part of what I'm getting at; Arteta doesnt have the experience to get back the positivity, clubs will always go through dips in form, its inevitable but that is when the manager and the backroom staff drag them through it and milk every last drop out the team OR set them up tactically to grind games out.

Arteta has never experienced this and at City he never had to as they literally have two first elevens.

Arteta came in with a plan, a plan heavily influenced by City and now he needs to come up with a plan B suitable for the squad he has but unfortunately due to his inexperience he will have to learn it on the job which has resulted in the **** show we are currently seeing and the complete lack of cohesion and understanding from the players.

Latest posts

Top Bottom