• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Managers don't have favorite players i don't think Arteta coming defending pepe would have made things better because it'll make players more comfortable I'm sure things will be dealt with in training
It doesn't matter in the end what Arteta said, the only thing that matters is how he deals with the situation. It's more of a test for Arteta than it is for Pepe. If he plans to go in a war with every player that he doesn't like, it's gonna be a rough career for him.

Players much bigger than Pepe did worse things than he did. He is 25, probably lower IQ than usual, so I'm not shocked by what he did. Arteta needs to show more than just being a raw manager fighting players all the time. If he wants to be the best, making something out of Pepe would be a great accomplishment, it would be a statement that he can deal with difficulties.
Let's not forget that all time great SAF had to deal with Cantona, but the benefit of that was bigger than just getting rid of a talented player like he was

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't think Arteta comes with this same energy with the KIA boys I really don't.

His inconsistencies with discipline annoy me from afar, so he will eventually come unstuck with the players if he keeps this up. Özil, Guendouzi, Pepe all finished now.
As i said mikel don't have favorites that will be unfair he could have frozen out Nektiah after his red against Leicester that cost us 3 point but he didn't.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't think Arteta comes with this same energy with the KIA boys I really don't.

His inconsistencies with discipline annoy me from afar, so he will eventually come unstuck with the players if he keeps this up. Özil, Guendouzi, Pepe all finished now.
You would be delusional if you think that it will stop on that. It's a pattern of his personality and I expect to see more problems in the future.

People are all over Pepe now, it's so cheap to walk over a guy who is so low atm. Douzi is a bit stronger in his head than Pepe, he doesn't back off just like that. Pepe is more like Özil I think, he needs to feel full support in everything he does. Both are mentally weak, Özil is just more intelligent in general which makes the difference between the two.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Both are mentally weak, Özil is just more intelligent in general which makes the difference between the two.
I agree.

Not every manager is going to like you and proving them wrong is part of football. He only had a 32 Willian ahead of him and yet he still couldn't displace him.

I personally don't think he was given the conditions to thrive at all and had Arteta signed Aouar, I doubt he treats him like this.

Pepe's mentality needs to be questioned for sure though, he's made a meal of locking down this right sided position which shouldn't have been hard but now he's put himself in flop territory. I can't see him coming back at all.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He doesn't really rate Pepe or Guendo, neither have really performed that well for us tbf...the Özil situation is definitely a club one though, there is no way Arteta could not register a player on £300,o00 a week and not be fired (Stan does care about how much money the club makes/loses if nothing else, that's why Raul was fired after the Pepe deal) hope he takes a harder stance with Willian soon, though as a signing he asked for he will give him more leeway, but at least he is subbing him off when he isn't playing well.

WilshereGone

As i said mikel don't have favorites that will be unfair he could have frozen out Nektiah after his red against Leicester that cost us 3 point but he didn't.
Completely different situation though, Nketiah was making a genuine attempt at a loose ball. Can't freeze players out for that or they'll be scared to tackle.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He doesn't really rate Pepe or Guendo, neither have really performed that well for us tbf...the Özil situation is definitely a club one though, there is no way Arteta could not register a player on £300,o00 a week and not be fired (Stan does care about how much money the club makes/loses if nothing else, that's why Raul was fired after the Pepe deal) hope he takes a harder stance with Willian soon, though as a signing he asked for he will give him more leeway, but at least he is subbing him off when he isn't playing well.
Raul wasn't fired for the Pepe deal, this is misinformation. There are plenty of articles with credible sources that say nothing about this. Just check the Kronke thread.

Our scouts that got fired found Pepe, just like they found some of the other players you like.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Completely different situation though, Nketiah was making a genuine attempt at a loose ball. Can't freeze players out for that or they'll be scared to tackle.
Yes and also don't need to be frozen out well he banned for 3 games he'll need to sit sort himself out and step also apologies for his actions

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Raul wasn't fired for the Pepe deal, this is misinformation. There are plenty of articles with credible sources that say nothing about this. Just check the Kronke thread.

Our scouts that got fired found Pepe, just like they found some of the other players you like.

I thought the word on the street was that Don Raul was released due to how much money changed hands in the Pepe and Saliba deals?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yes and also don't need to be frozen out well he banned for 3 games he'll need to sit sort himself out and step also apologies for his actions
The manager didn't like him and on top of that he sells out the team and compromises an unlikely 3 points (lets be honest we were never doing anything).

This guy is definitely done.

WilshereGone

Yeah, no doubt. I hope Pepe won't actualy be frozen out for this, people make mistakes sometimes. Hopefully he apologises and everyone can just move on from it.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The funny thing is if we do end up selling Pepe, I could see him performing really well with another team/manager that will give him a lot more freedom and have more trust in his ability.

Seeing him performing well for another team would hurt especially knowing that he’ll be getting tossed out due to the managers faith in a washed up Chelsea reject.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The manager didn't like him and on top of that he sells out the team and compromises an unlikely 3 points (lets be honest we were never doing anything).

This guy is definitely done.
If mikel really didn't like him he'd be froze him out like Guendouzi maybe i don't think mikel rate him highly but to be fair pepe not helping himself when he has a chance specially in the league

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I thought the word on the street was that Don Raul was released due to how much money changed hands in the Pepe and Saliba deals?
During the pre-season tour of the US, Josh Kroenke hosted the Arsenal hierarchy for a barbecue at his Los Angeles home. In this more relaxed environment, the Arsenal executives were able to talk openly with the ownership about their plans for the summer. In the case of Zaha, Crystal Palace were reluctant to sell. At that stage of the window, they felt entitled to ask for at least £100 million for a player who could prove the difference between staying in the Premier League or being relegated to the Championship. With concerns over Zaha’s price tag and age bracket, conversation turned to Pepe.

Arsenal were said to be privy to an €80 million offer from Napoli, so were able to discuss the specifics of a potential deal. A consensus was reached, and approval was given — Sanllehi flew direct from America to negotiate the transfer. It was a club-record outlay, and one that meant Arsenal would have to sell players. To facilitate the initial transfer, the ownership provided financial guarantees against the required sales in case they did not go through.

You want Pepe to be the reason Raul got sacked but he really wasn't :lol:
Signings flop sometimes.

If you really want to know why he was sacked, it was a combination of the KIA signings and a culture clash with KSE and Raul within the club.

KSE didn't see the need for both him and Vinai and since they didn't like Raul, he was asked to bounce. You shouldn't go by "word on the street".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom