• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still think Pepe's stock is quite high in France, all the ex French players speak really highly of him. If Mbappe goes to Madrid in the summer I wouldn't be surprised if PSG would be in for him, they were linked heavily first time round if I remember correctly.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You want Pepe to be the reason Raul got sacked but he really wasn't :lol:
Signings flop sometimes.

If you really want to know why he was sacked, it was a combination of the KIA signings and a culture clash with KSE and Raul within the club.

KSE didn't see the need for both him and Vinai and since they didn't like Raul, he was asked to bounce. You shouldn't go by "word on the street".

I do like the thought of Raul being some Kenny Powers-esque agent, who just uses football as a cover to get all the money, drugs and women he can before he dies :lol:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Pepe has struggled that is for sure and the red was stupid, but he played well in the first half attacking wise and created quite a bit. He is an odd player though and often his decisions on the ball seem strange. Where a simple give and go would work he chooses something else more complicated and runs into trouble.

scytheavatar

Established Member
You want Pepe to be the reason Raul got sacked but he really wasn't :lol:
Signings flop sometimes.

If you really want to know why he was sacked, it was a combination of the KIA signings and a culture clash with KSE and Raul within the club.

KSE didn't see the need for both him and Vinai and since they didn't like Raul, he was asked to bounce. You shouldn't go by "word on the street".

Article makes it sound like Raul vouched for Pepe as a better signing than Zaha, once he had done that and Pepe turned out to be a flop signing it's hard for Raul to remain in the club.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
he was up for it and was front and central. Its a lesson learnt one hopes. In any other league the player gets booked for simulation and pepe gets a yellow for aggression. Pepe will bounce back stronger. Anyone who can hit the ball that sweetly can be forgiven a lot

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I do like the thought of Raul being some Kenny Powers-esque agent, who just uses football as a cover to get all the money, drugs and women he can before he dies :lol:
Raul was dodgy but the Pepe signing was all above board and was mainly designed to get the fans excited, rather than sign a player the manager at the time would like.

Luiz, Suarez, Mari however they were all told to come on loan and were reassured that they would be made permanent before approving this with KSE.

This caused a lot of friction and if you remember, Luiz gave an odd interview right before his contract extension where he admitted to sky sports he should have sorted his future months ago. He went into this season with 2 weeks left on his contract.

Willian concluding his signing in Raul's livingroom instead of the Colney upset KSE as well.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Article makes it sound like Raul vouched for Pepe as a better signing than Zaha, once he had done that and Pepe turned out to be a flop signing it's hard for Raul to remain in the club.
Raul is not a scout, he just got the deal done once the amount was agreed with the owners as written.

Same story with Partey and Gabriel, Raul didn't scout them he just got the deals rolling.

Zaza

I think he'll eventually come good. He was also terrible in his first season at Lille. Not worth 72m but there's definitely something there.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Raul is not a scout, he just got the deal done once the amount was agreed with the owners as written.

Same story with Partey and Gabriel, Raul didn't scout them he just got the deals rolling.

Raul wasn't a scout but he was behaving like one. His role in the club is in a grey area just like how he was in Barca, he wants to be in charge of sporting decisions even though he's a businessman and absolutely unqualified to decide stuff like whether Pepe or Zaha would be a better signing.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Raul wasn't a scout but he was behaving like one. His role in the club is in a grey area just like how he was in Barca, he wants to be in charge of sporting decisions even though he's a businessman and absolutely unqualified to decide stuff like whether Pepe or Zaha would be a better signing.
Except he never picked Pepe, Gabriel or Partey did he? yet he negotiated or started negotiating all those deals.

You're just making up stuff now.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I remember when @Trilly was tryna tell us we were being unreasonable for expecting more from a 72m player :lol:
I'm not sure I said this because the price tag argument is a stupid one. Hope the likes were worth the stain on your conscience smh.

I'm not going to read this thread as I need to protect my mental but I guess people now want him sold because he's the first football player to ever get a stupid red card?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I'm not going to read this thread as I need to protect my mental but I guess people now want him sold because he's the first football player to ever get a stupid red card?

Yeah and funny enough I'm the one saying that's stupid and the red card was a minor, Pepe didn't even headbutt him he squared up to the guy and the guy fell and starting acting like he got hurt.

What I don't get is how is play acting accepted and normalised? Like the guy obviously was not in enough pain to go on the floor and was still rewarded for it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What I don't get is how is play acting accepted and normalised? Like the guy obviously was not in enough pain to go on the floor and was still rewarded for it.
It's society going downhill, football is no different. Feminist movements, overreacting over racism, discrimination complaints etc.People are so soft these days and too protective.
Think I would rather give a yellow to that Leeds player and Lamela than giving red cards to Martial and Pepe, just because the "victims" were c*nts

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Still think Pepe's stock is quite high in France, all the ex French players speak really highly of him. If Mbappe goes to Madrid in the summer I wouldn't be surprised if PSG would be in for him, they were linked heavily first time round if I remember correctly.

How many French teams other than PSG have signed a player for over 30m? Lyon, Lille etc wont be paying more than that for him. If even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom