• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The fee also played big part of fans expecting big things from him we were stupid to give Lille 70M they played us even we we'll pay it in few installment but still we will pay 70m he was never worth that he worth was 40M max. thankfully they didn't play us with Gabriel because this guy worth more than 25M.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The fee also played big part of fans expecting big things from him we were stupid to give Lille 70M they played us even we we'll pay it in few installment but still we will pay 70m he was never worth that he worth was 40M max. thankfully they didn't play us with Gabriel because this guy worth more than 25M.

Pepe hasnt shown anything even of a player 30-40m. He has been the worst pound for pound signing in the last 10 years in the PL along with Kepa.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

His career isn't over, just his Arsenal one.
He'll do alright somewhere else. Most top sides have the issue of not having someone who can put away their chances, he'll solve that for them. We have the more midtable problem of not being able to create chances.

He might even do well here if he sticks around long enough, we seem to operate in cycles. I'm sure we'll be creating chances again, but we probably won't be able to finish them or defend or some other problem.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Pepe hasnt shown anything even of a player 30-40m. He has been the worst pound for pound signing in the last 10 years in the PL along with Kepa.
believe me there been alot worse expensive signings he showed in last 2 season in his time with lille he worth 30-40M at least it's was fair because the market but not 70M we panic with this.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeah and funny enough I'm the one saying that's stupid and the red card was a minor, Pepe didn't even headbutt him he squared up to the guy and the guy fell and starting acting like he got hurt.

What I don't get is how is play acting accepted and normalised? Like the guy obviously was not in enough pain to go on the floor and was still rewarded for it.
Yeah I'm not sure what the solution for that is.

If Allioski had also leaned in, they would both have been booked but because one guy clearly play acts the other gets sent off. The logical inconsistency there would fry a computer chip.:lol:

Reminds me of Lamela getting Martial sent off the other day. The league encourages play acting and that's very strange now I think about it. Lamela's was even worse as he committed a yellow card offence but escaped punishment because he play acted.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah and funny enough I'm the one saying that's stupid and the red card was a minor, Pepe didn't even headbutt him he squared up to the guy and the guy fell and starting acting like he got hurt.
It’s genuinely a minor, we’ve seen our players get stupid red cards before. Paddy, Bergie, Gervinho, Xhaka, Luiz, Rvp etc.

Some had more credit in the bank than others, but this one is significant as you know Pepe is finished here as he was on thin ice with Arteta to begin with.

We’ve seen numerous players banished as well.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It’s genuinely a minor, we’ve seen our players get stupid red cards before. Paddy, Bergie, Gervinho, Xhaka, Luiz, Rvp etc.

Some had more credit in the bank than others, but this one is significant as you know Pepe is finished here as he was on thin ice with Arteta to begin with.

We’ve seen numerous players banished as well.

It’s the first red card ever too. He hasn’t got a history of rash behaviour.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

"It’s unacceptable. Yes [I’ve spoken to Pepe]. [I told him] it’s unacceptable."

And

"I really liked the personality of the team when Pepe let the team down."
“I really like the personality of the team when Pepe let us down”
Bloody hell. He needs to give Wenger a call and learn about how you manage human beings. Scott Parker said nicer things about Lookman after his panenka miss and there was a lot more riding on that.

I hope it's just heat of the moment stuff from him but looking at Douzi and Özil I don't know. The unprovoked name check just makes it even worse.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yeah I'm not sure what the solution for that is.

If Allioski had also leaned in, they would both have been booked but because one guy clearly play acts the other gets sent off. The logical inconsistency there would fry a computer chip.:lol:

Reminds me of Lamela getting Martial sent off the other day. The league encourages play acting and that's very strange now I think about it. Lamela's was even worse as he committed a yellow card offence but escaped punishment because he play acted.

If Arteta drops him over that then he's just being petty, it's actually ridiculous.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Question wasn't even about Pepe as well, just name checked him for no reason. :lol:
He blatantly oversold the red card cause tbh had Pepe stayed on and the result stayed the same, Arteta would have had more difficult questions to answer.

The reaction between Pepe and Luiz red cards is night and day. We lost that game as well.

Reactions: A_G

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It’s the first red card ever too. He hasn’t got a history of rash behaviour.

Yeah this is the thing. He’s not a hot head. His actions are born out of frustration at the way he’s playing, which in part is down to the manager. He’s low on confidence and has a manager who drops him after good performances. Arteta openly speaks about what Pepe “needs to do” to show him he should start, which suggests to everyone he doesn’t rate him, something which can’t be good for a players confidence. He wasn’t this bad last year. He looked average at times but at others there was regular flashes of quality.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah this is the thing. He’s not a hot head. His actions are born out of frustration at the way he’s playing, which in part is down to the manager. He’s low on confidence and has a manager who drops him after good performances. Arteta openly speaks about what Pepe “needs to do” to show him he should start, which suggests to everyone he doesn’t rate him, something which can’t be good for a players confidence. He wasn’t this bad last year. He looked average at times but at others there was regular flashes of quality.
Arteta has no part to play in this apparently.

This guy wasn’t great to start with tbh and he’s actually regressed which is nuts when you’d think the only way was up for him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Bloody hell. He needs to give Wenger a call and learn about how you manage human beings. Scott Parker said nicer things about Lookman after his panenka miss and there was a lot more riding on that.

I hope it's just heat of the moment stuff from him but looking at Douzi and Özil I don't know. The unprovoked name check just makes it even worse.

I said multiple times yesterday but Arteta has a dark disturbing aura around him, he doesn't pass the vibe check tbh.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Why Arteta not rate him that should be the question i mean Laca has been performing sh*t for few months and he keep starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom