• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Guendouzi was exactly what you wanted but he got banished to France.

Nah, Guendouzi was an immature idiot and trouble maker off the pitch unlike KT, by all accounts. If he limited that sort of stuff to just on the pitch I'd have liked him much more.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Am I the only one here thinking that he can't pass at all? Surely at this level, your FB needs to have some passing ability other than just giving it back to Leno or Gabriel.
Watching some elite FB's at top clubs makes me think how far Belerin and Tierney are from that even though both are well respected here.

At least Tierney is a great defender with a top mentality so I would keep him, but we can't have both FB's who can't handle the ball at their feet

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He's the least of our worries, but yeah he is kinda limited going forward compared to the modern fullback (think Robertson, Lamptey, Reece James, Cancelo, etc) who are pretty much forwards or midfielders.

I wouldn't trade him for anybody in the league though, he's not where our problems lie. I'd push for a Bellerin upgrade before him.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
If there was a deficiency in Tierney's game it'd definitely be his lack of technical quality on the ball. He's not a sophisticated passer. I think it's initially why when we switched to a 343 Kolasinac was our LCB and Tierney the LWB.

Pyres7

It is starting to annoy me how often he turns back and passes to Gabriel. Sometimes you have to got back, but he does it when he's got time and other options. Something for him to work on.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Based on what accounts? He’s France u21 captain too.

There are plenty of accounts of him messing around off the pitch, not being a respectful person in and having an out of control ego.

Even his manager at Lorient has said that his out of control ego made him very hard to manage.

I don't think you can really lay Guendouzi's fall from grace on Arteta. His ego needs bringing down a peg or two for the sake of his own career I believe. I'm not knocking the guy's ability.

Manberg

Predator
Something's out of place here.

MjQCm2A.jpg

Macho

Dusted 🔻

There are plenty of accounts of him messing around off the pitch, not being a respectful person in and having an out of control ego.

Even his manager at Lorient has said that his out of control ego made him very hard to manage.

I don't think you can really lay Guendouzi's fall from grace on Arteta. His ego needs bringing down a peg or two for the sake of his own career I believe. I'm not knocking the guy's ability.
These times Guendouzi was just fine under Emery. It’s never Arteta’s fault around here.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

These times Guendouzi was just fine under Emery. It’s never Arteta’s fault around here.

Well Emery was not exactly strong on the disciplinary front so I can see why Guendouzi liked him.

I think it's pretty much beyond question that Guendouzi has an attitude / ego problem, maybe it's just an immaturity issue, I don't know.

Fans were craving for discipline from a manager after Emery and the later Wenger years.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Well Emery was not exactly strong on the disciplinary front so I can see why Guendouzi liked him.

I think it's pretty much beyond question that Guendouzi has an attitude / ego problem, maybe it's just an immaturity issue, I don't know.

Fans were craving for discipline from a manager after Emery and the later Wenger years.
It's not Arteta's job to facilitate our attack
It's not Arteta's job to manage difficult characters
It's not Arteta's job to get the best out of a struggle record signing
It's not Arteta's job to get the best out of our 300k+ a week players

Whatever man :lol:

Guendouzi had his issues which player doesn't. He's done at Arsenal anyways I'm not even sure why I am talkin about him.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

It's not Arteta's job to facilitate our attack
It's not Arteta's job to manage difficult characters
It's not Arteta's job to get the best out of a struggle record signing
It's not Arteta's job to get the best out of our 300k+ a week players

Whatever man :lol:

Guendouzi had his issues which player doesn't. He's done at Arsenal anyways I'm not even sure why I am talkin about him.

It's Arteta's job to do everyone of those things. I just don't expect him to be a Pep Guardiola / Alex Ferguson hybrid one year into his management career.

Your expectations are way too high in my opinion. If the club ran the way you wanted, we'd be blasting through managers every 12 months until we happened to luck upon the next Pep Guardiola.

Guendouzi should have been done at this club when it came out what he said to Maupay. It was disgraceful in my eyes, that's not even taking into account all the other tomfoolery he got up to.

I'm not knocking him as a talent, I think he could be a top class player, but he needs to grow up.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Your expectations are way too high in my opinion. If the club ran the way you wanted, we'd be blasting through managers every 12 months until we happened to luck upon the next Pep Guardiola.
Who said I wanted Arteta out? I want more fans to stop absolving him of all blame.

You said it yourself, all those things mentioned are his job - I've not even mentioned winning titles or anything.

My expectations are in line and I think Arteta needs to do a bit more - which I'm fine with waiting for by the way but lets not shirk responsibility.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Who said I wanted Arteta out? I want more fans to stop absolving him of all blame.

You said it yourself, all those things mentioned are his job - I've not even mentioned winning titles or anything.

My expectations are in line and I think Arteta needs to do a bit more - which I'm fine with waiting for by the way but lets not shirk responsibility.

Fair play, I'm not against criticising some of Artetas decisions, I believe he's made mistakes but I expected that coming in with it being his first managerial job. I believe he's an intelligent guy and will learn from his mistakes.

We have a life after Arteta thread on here, stuff like that's crazy to me. I hope that we can agree that there are fans with legitimate concerns about his management and there are some who just have it out for the guy in an unfair way.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Must say Tierney has proven himself to be a good signing. He has some much needed fight in him and his poorer games are still good games. He might make a mistake here and there but he comes back 100% all the time. He is the type of player you can build a winning team around, not like some of the other leeches we have hanging around. Really hope he told Xhaka a thing or two once they were in the dressing room. And hope the team rallies around Tierney.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Based on what accounts? He’s France u21 captain too.
When did you start becoming a Guendouzi simp? Let me guess it was the second he left on loan and you could start pretending he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

:bounce:

GDeep™

League is very weak
When did you start becoming a Guendouzi simp? Let me guess it was the second he left on loan and you could start pretending he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

:bounce:
What a weird post. Been a Guendouzi fan from day one, don’t think you’ll find one negative post about him from me, going all the way back to us signing him and him starting under Emery.

Good footballer, fighting attitude, what’s there not to like? Needs developing because he’s a kid and we could’ve done that this season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
@Red London you might be happy with the manager banishing guys like Özil and Guendouzi to play bottom of the barrel options like El Neny, Dani and Willian. I’m not.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
@Red London you might be happy with the manager banishing guys like Özil and Guendouzi to play bottom of the barrel options like El Neny, Dani and Willian. I’m not.
He's your manager isn't he? :lol:

What a stretch. When did I say I think these players are good enough to start for us? Elneny and Willian should be squad options and Ceballos has potential imo and should be played in a midfield with Partey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom