• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
From the Pepe thread:

"I really liked the personality of the team when Pepe let us down" this wasn't even about Pepe and he brought him up. That's really, really poor taste imo.

Here are the interviews.
Cheers. It was needless tbh. He obviously let us down so it's hardly worth stating like that. It might be his way though... If it gets a response, who cares! If it doesn't, what are we missing? Maybe that's how he sees it too :facepalm:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Another couple of weeks like this in the league, with games coming in non-stop he'll lose the squad if they spend the whole game chasing the ball. He's coaching a bunch of grown men, he can't control every f*cking touch from the sideline.

We may look very similar to last year in terms of results for remaining fixtures this year.
its very rare that V shaped recoveries happen. We hit bottom and are slowly recovering. There may be a few iffy seasons.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Think it's a similar tactic to what Mourinho does tbh, I think he's looking for a response from Pepe.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Very worrying comments. Arteta looks to be using Pepe red card as an excuse. That's not good news at all. We were clearly the second best team in that game before Pepe got the red card. And this is not just about Leed game. Our chance creation has been crap all season
The shot he's referring to is the Pepe cross that hit the bar.. like you cannot be seriously referencing that. It's like these managers take us for imbeciles.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Im not surprised people are overreacting to this. At the end of the day Pepe did fvck up and he did let us down. It doesn't matter if we weren't dominant before that.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Think it's a similar tactic to what Mourinho does tbh, I think he's looking for a response from Pepe.
And Pepe needs to respond of we need to consider getting rid. He has the talent and as much as the team itself isn't performing in a way that benefits his style of play, he should be doing better.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Feel like he's tried the arm around the shoulder approach long enough to be fair

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Who gives a **** what you see? Nobody, that's who. Quit trying to conduct the thread you weirdo.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
cant be a better example of OMYAC than this

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
From the Pepe thread:

"I really liked the personality of the team when Pepe let us down" this wasn't even about Pepe and he brought him up. That's really, really poor taste imo. Even worse as it's in response to question about our piss-poor attack. He's moving like we were peppering their goal beforehand. Jokeman.:lol:

Here are the interviews.

He couldn't believe his luck that Pepe got red carded and gave him a ready made scapegoat.

mpower2540

Why this possesion play, tiki-taka! Only thing we do is playing the ball backwards or sideways, need to drop that and play more direct!

Also drop Holding ffs! This guy is not a pl player, why did Arteta not even consider Saliba but insits to play Holding who is even more dangerous defending then Luiz..
Direct to who exactly? A big problem we have is we’re rubbish at winning second balls/aerial duels and the ball doesn’t stick up front so we rely completely on being able to play through the press out from the back. Our playing out from the back has been pretty iffy this season and yesterday we actually were hitting long balls, but because we couldn’t progress the ball. We miss Luiz in this regard along with players who can allow us to vary things a bit more.

I don’t like the majority of this squad, I’d be glad to see the back of the vast majority of it. It’s imbalanced, it’s slow, it’s weak and as Pepe showed yesterday it’s still capable of being bafflingly stupid. I think Mikel needs to find ways of making us more attacking and some of his decisions are rightly being questioned but expecting quality free flowing football with this squad I think you’re gonna be let down.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Arteta needs to think about where his players are standing. Auba back to goal isnt going to do much and in when up top alone he gets into too many physical battles. Out on the left he becomes disconnected, so why not play a 2 up top? Get rid of the extra 'forward' and play an additional midfielder.

---------------Auba--------Pepe/Laca

Tierney-----Saka----------Partey--------Bellerin

-------------------------Elneny

--------------Gabriel---Luiz----Holding

akhil

What if its a case where we'd be more terrible if he wasn't telling the players where to go? Ive been hearing him having to tell players to move because they're just standing there ball watching. Yes they're grown men but some of them aren't really up to standard.

It's not though, players seems robotic week in week out as to what they do on the pitch. Every week for the last couple of months it's been the same crap without any improvements or changes. People keep complaining of the players not being good enough, but these guys aren't championship level or anything. We've barely made an impression in any game so far this season bar Fulham who will most likely be relegated. The scorelines against EL opposition has also mostly been extremely generous.

This is the worst I've seen these players play; Xhaka,Laca, Pepe, Auba, Willian, (don't know if it's just decline but 4 months ago he looked far better than this). Even players he's supposedly improved like Ceballos, are playing rubbish and do nothing but the sideways crap. I can't see anyone who's measurably improved under him. Our attackers are starved for any service and support.

Let's put it this way, the only time we've looked worse is right before Emery got the sack. We're rubbish with our actual tactics and quite frankly we look to stop the opposition play, not against teams better than us but with mid to lower table teams. That's cowardly quite frankly, we have a budget and wage bill that's in a different planet to most of these teams and we play like the underdogs in a cup tie in every game.

FinnGooner

Established Member
The shot he's referring to is the Pepe cross that hit the bar.. like you cannot be seriously referencing that. It's like these managers take us for imbeciles.

Yeah it’s seriously disappointing stuff from Mikel. What chance do we have to get better creatively if the manager denies the issues and uses lucky crosses hitting posts as evidence of our successful chance creation. Everybody who watched the game knows our attacking game was awful even before the red card. In fact, our xG from the game was 0.7 and the Saka chance came after the red card. That puts our pre-red card xG way under 0.5.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's always a team effort. Wenger needed help too. But you wouldn't dispute that, of course...
Glad you've seen the light on that one. He never did make all the decisions about money, pick the team and clean the toilets. It made a good story though and it meant you could blame for everything, including Gazidis' insistence on his robot scouting system.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Glad you've seen the light on that one. He never did make all the decisions about money, pick the team and clean the toilets. It made a good story though and it meant you could blame for everything, including Gazidis' insistence on his robot scouting system.
Oh everyone knows he made all the decisions that worked out and everyone else made the decisions that fvcked us. I'm getting it slowly!

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom