• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I didn't watch the game, but I am reading Orbinho's tweets about it and I am like wtf, fullbacks didn't pass to wingers, zero passes between CBs and CMs, Auba received the moss passes from Leno :lol:
Absolute tragic stuff.
To beat the press, Leno kept hoofing the ball upfield to Auba and Pepe instead of playing out from the back like we normally do. This worked 60% of the time.

I'm not even kidding, this was the tactics. It explains these statistics.

It's all the squads fault though. Auba is a bad player.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
To beat the press, Leno kept hoofing the ball upfield to Auba and Pepe instead of playing out from the back like we normally do.

Giroud is coming home in January I am hearing

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I'm not sure I understand how the handball in United-West Brom is a handball and penalty and the Aubameyang shot isn't...

He's blocked the shot with his arm. Ok, it's close distance, but I'm pretty sure that's a penalty, no? The United one wasn't an attempt on goal.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I'm not sure I understand how the handball in United-West Brom is a handball and penalty and the Aubameyang shot isn't...

He's blocked the shot with his arm. Ok, it's close distance, but I'm pretty sure that's a penalty, no? The United one wasn't an attempt on goal.

There is so much confusion about handballs and when it should be a penalty. Let me simplify for you.

If Man Utd are attacking and the ball hits an opponent's arm in the area: clear penalty

For any other team it gets a bit more complicated as no one really knows the rules anymore. A complete lottery.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc

Unfortunately, rule has changed few months ago. If that handball happened in September, you would get a penalty 100% for sure.

The rule is changed to if your arm is in natural position then it's not handball. So it's not matter whether it's an attempt on goal or no.

Cooper moved his arm from high position to low position because it's natural when everyone's body fall to ground your arm will also naturally fall to ground and it touched the ball.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
To beat the press, Leno kept hoofing the ball upfield to Auba and Pepe instead of playing out from the back like we normally do. This worked 60% of the time.

We tried passing it through midfield and it broke down. It wasn’t only tactics.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Unfortunately, rule has changed few months ago. If that handball happened in September, you would get a penalty 100% for sure.

The rule is changed to if your arm is in natural position then it's not handball. So it's not matter whether it's an attempt on goal or no.

Cooper moved his arm from high position to low position because it's natural when everyone's body fall to ground your arm will also naturally fall to ground and it touched the ball.

It’s basically 50/50 on whether they judge that is in a natural position. That’s the problem.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Taylor and VAR just didn't want to give it from the get go.

You just knew no matter how many times they reviewed it we weren't getting it.

Officials still hate us from the Arsène days.

He really came in and shook up the game.

Bloody foreigner.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I would drop him for a few games tbh, his attitude was so bad on Sunday

You do that you may as well happy the nails into your own coffin. Hes been poor but imagine what it says if you drop your star striker, the one you fought so hard to keep, your captain and your normal match winner?

GoonerJay24

You do that you may as well happy the nails into your own coffin. Hes been poor but imagine what it says if you drop your star striker, the one you fought so hard to keep, your captain and your normal match winner?

Well it's not like we don't have other options a available to try something different. Auba bad not been our match winner for awhile and if he's underperforming continually he deserves to be dropped.

Although he's proven to be great a goalscorer, Auba isn't Henry

GoonerJay24

Rest him midweek but not sure Arteta can afford to drop him from a league game.

He should be dropped after his last performance. I remember a couple of seasons ago Auba was more impactful coming from the bench so perhaps it'll benefit him and the team short-term.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He should dropped after his last performance. I remember a couple of seasons ago Auba was more impactful coming from the bench so perhaps it'll benefit him and the team short-term.
We should have never signed auba/laca. I was against these transfers. We need a Sanchez/van persie/benzema/suarez/firmino up front. Not a better finishing/better movement/more intelligent walcott/defoe, who doesnt know how to play football.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom