• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Anyone calling for Poch... in Poch's first season with Sp**s he lost 12 games in the league.

After his first 9 games in his first full season Poch was sitting on 3 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses. 14th place after 9 games. He ended up finishing 5th. Season after that he managed to get CL football.

Its not as simple as chopping and changing managers, people need time.

In every full season he even outperformed Wenger if you’re looking at squad cost.

Consistently finished over four places better than what they’d paid for the squad.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arteta was left with a good keeper,

Your argument is flawed. These last 9 games have not been Arteta first 9 games for Arsenal. Hes had all of last season plus Covid time to study his players rewatch videos of past games. Hes had almost a year to work out these players and what formation suits the tools he has got.

He has been using a formation to suit the tools he has got? :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Well its clearly not working. Southampton with a squad of Vikings and Theo Walcott looking down the table at us. But i suppose their squad is better too.

This is the same Southampton squad and manager that lost 9-0 to Leicester. Once again completely negating your point and proving that over time things can change.

Formation and team on that day?

352 -

Gunn
Bednarek - Yoshida - Vestegaard
Valery - JWP - Romeu - Hojbjerg - Bertrand
Ings - Redmond

Southampton moved to a 442 when the manager felt comfortable with his squad and when he learnt about what he has. It took a while but he's visibly getting there now. Southamptons only real differences now are KWP at right back and Walcott in the side. Apart from that its pretty much the same squad.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This is the same Southampton squad and manager that lost 9-0 to Leicester. Once again completely negating your point and proving that over time things can change.

Successful things go from worse to better. Not better to worse.

For abit of context because I always seem to be debating things with you. How old are you, and where are you from?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Successful things go from worse to better. Not better to worse.

For abit of context because I always seem to be debating things with you. How old are you, and where are you from?

But you keep saying that Arteta hasn't performed in the league yet? So surely, by your own words and logic, things will get better?

I'm 25 years old from London, yourself?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
But you keep saying that Arteta hasn't performed in the league yet? So surely, by your own words and logic, things will get better?

I'm 25 years old from London, yourself?

Makes sense. You've never seen us actually win a title and understand it. You were too young. So for you an FA cup is ok. It's what you've grown up with. It represents success.

I'm 32 from Northern Ireland.

Arteta hasnt performed at a high level in the league. His results last season where ok. His results this season are poor.

He has a very big next 2 games. You know it and I know it. Lose to Wolves and Sp**s and we are ****ed. Get 3 or 4 points from them he lives to fight another day.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Formation and team on that day?

352 -

Gunn
Bednarek - Yoshida - Vestegaard
Valery - JWP - Romeu - Hojbjerg - Bertrand
Ings - Redmond

Southampton moved to a 442 when the manager felt comfortable with his squad and when he learnt about what he has. It took a while but he's visibly getting there now. Southamptons only real differences now are KWP at right back and Walcott in the side. Apart from that its pretty much the same squad.

So within the space of a year he has worked out his best formation. Has bought the players in he needed and has coached them to play the way he believes is the most effective for his team based on their strengths and weaknesses. And by doing so has seen a huge turn in results. Thanks for proving my point that the coach is the difference in performance and results. Not 11 different players.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Makes sense. You've never seen us actually win a title and understand it. You were too young. So for you an FA cup is ok. It's what you've grown up with. It represents success.

I'm 32 from Northern Ireland.

Arteta hasnt performed at a high level in the league. His results last season where ok. His results this season are poor.

He has a very big next 2 games. You know it and I know it. Lose to Wolves and Sp**s and we are ****ed. Get 3 or 4 points from them he lives to fight another day.

You patronising fool.

I remember the invincibles, I remember watching Gilette soccer saturday and seeing Henry's name pop up 100's of times saying he'd scored. I remember watching the CL final and being the most upset I can imagine.

You're talking like you are 40+ but you're 30 ****ing 2 :lol::lol:

FA cup isn't ok, but its ok for a manager who has been there for a few months. Honestly, you've just shown your true self.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why are people talking about changing the culture? We’ve signed 20 players or so in the last 2/3 years. The club has been restructured. What culture are you changing?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So within the space of a year he has worked out his best formation. Has bought the players in he needed and has coached them to play the way he believes is the most effective for his team based on their strengths and weaknesses. And by doing so has seen a huge turn in results. Thanks for proving my point that the coach is the difference in performance and results. Not 11 different players.

Are you broken? Hassenhuttl has been at Southampton for 2 years now. So no, not within the space of a year. Just stop talking, you post so much drivel on here.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You patronising fool.

I remember the invincibles, I remember watching Gilette soccer saturday and seeing Henry's name pop up 100's of times saying he'd scored. I remember watching the CL final and being the most upset I can imagine.

You're talking like you are 40+ but you're 30 ****ing 2 :lol::lol:

FA cup isn't ok, but its ok for a manager who has been there for a few months. Honestly, you've just shown your true self.

Unfortunately you cannot truly understand and grasp football and what is happening at 7/8 years old. You barely know your times tables fs.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Are you broken? Hassenhuttl has been at Southampton for 2 years now. So no, not within the space of a year. Just stop talking, you post so much drivel on here.

You said he got beat last year 9 0. So fast forward a year he has moved from a team that got beat 9 0 to a team sitting around the top of the league. That sounds like a quick turnaround.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don’t think we should be having this discussion btw but this is modern football I guess.

Last week Pepe was the solution and this week Pepe must be sold. In July Arteta was the best thing to happen to us in years and 3 months later some aren’t sure anymore.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don’t think we should be having this discussion btw but this is modern football I guess.

Last week Pepe was the solution and this week Pepe must be sold. In July Arteta was the best thing to happen to us in years and 3 months later some aren’t sure anymore.

You can discuss whether theres improvement 1 year on.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I appreciate the humour behind the thread, but yeah its a bit embarrassing.

Especially as this is what we literally asked for when the fanbase wanted Wenger out. We have to suffer, this is our punishment. Hopefully it is worth it in the end.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Anyway we will revisit this threat in 2 weeks after the Wolves and Sp**s games. And see where we sit in the league then. Thursday night is irrelevant Arteta gets no let up with a 2 0 win over Molde.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom