• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Breezy

We should have never signed auba/laca. I was against these transfers. We need a Sanchez/van persie/benzema/suarez/firmino up front. Not a better finishing/better movement/more intelligent walcott/defoe, who doesnt know how to play football.

Pedro Guilherme from Flamengo is your man.

GoonerJay24

We should have never signed auba/laca. I was against these transfers. We need a Sanchez/van persie/benzema/suarez/firmino up front. Not a better finishing/better movement/more intelligent walcott/defoe, who doesnt know how to play football.

There aren't a lot of false 9s available currently, maybe Schick from Roma?

Breezy

We need players like these in attacking position, wingers or strikers. Can make them to play f9 if needed.

By the way, How about this player?:

Anyway, they are all a lot better than auba/Laca/nketiah.

Rate him highly. He was unbelievable in youth football, then got a serious injury with Lyon which set his development back a bit but he seems to be back on track and started the season well with Nice. Think he’s a couple of years away from being ready to make the jump to a club like Arsenal. The talent is there though.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Unfortunately, rule has changed few months ago. If that handball happened in September, you would get a penalty 100% for sure.

The rule is changed to if your arm is in natural position then it's not handball. So it's not matter whether it's an attempt on goal or no.

Cooper moved his arm from high position to low position because it's natural when everyone's body fall to ground your arm will also naturally fall to ground and it touched the ball.

But surely there's nothing unnatural about the position the West Brom's players arm is in there against United? That's the way the arms move, and you can tell he was actually trying to turn his back to it to try to avoid the possibility of a handball.

Some consistency in application would be nice...

roz

Fake News Merchant
But surely there's nothing unnatural about the position the West Brom's players arm is in there against United? That's the way the arms move, and you can tell he was actually trying to turn his back to it to try to avoid the possibility of a handball.

:lol:
Its Yanited, when has there ever been consistency in application.

Its their thing, always has been.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc

Your arm needs to be stretched out just to block cross? The new rule actually stated that Dier handball vs Newcastle still remain as handball which similar to that. Leicester won penalty vs Wolves few weeks ago also similar to that.

There are reason why players nowdays put their arm behind to block crossing.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Continued his poor run of form up until the sending off. After that we saw a bit of extra zip, skill and effort more reminiscent of pre-contract Auba.

What’s that about then?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Looked really sharp in the the shooting drills with Gabby and Balogun.

No Pepe and Laca for some reason but Auba’s the best finisher we have by a mile, Gabby was pretty good but Macey had Folarin’s number which was a bit worrying in a no pressure 1v1 situation. :lol:

Yes I know it’s just a training video.

Manberg

Predator
To be taken with a pinch of salt; but I’ve seen people on twitter saying that all this time it was Auba who was begging the manager to play him on the left, in order to accommodate playing Lacazette in the middle.

All hearsay, obviously.

say yes

forum master baiter
To be taken with a pinch of salt; but I’ve seen people on twitter saying that all this time it was Auba who was begging the manager to play him on the left, in order to accommodate playing Lacazette in the middle.

All hearsay, obviously.
Pretty sure that Auba was being played on the left because Arteta thinks he’s better on the left (a view I agree with).

Problem is that we’re struggling to create anything at the moment. So Arteta has dropped Laca (in poor form) in order to get another creative player into the side, which means moving Auba to the middle.

If / when Arteta solves our creative woes, I fully expect Auba to move back to the left.

Manberg

Predator
I do not believe that Auba's lack of goals is solely down to a lack of creative players, because he did well post lockdown last season.

If/when Auba regains his confidence and puts in the effort we're used to seeing from him, he'll be on his way to scoring over 20 goals again.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Looked really sharp in the the shooting drills with Gabby and Balogun.

No Pepe and Laca for some reason but Auba’s the best finisher we have by a mile, Gabby was pretty good but Macey had Folarin’s number which was a bit worrying in a no pressure 1v1 situation. :lol:

Yes I know it’s just a training video.
The most important part of the video #Willy10
hafvuWB.png

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If he played for Leeds he’d legit score 30 I think. :lol:

No doubt about that. Auba has 13 shots so far this season. Bamford on the other hand has 40. Kane 38, flipping Aleksandar Mitrovic has 31. But let's blame Aubameyang for not creating his own chances. Something which he has never really done before in his career.

As it stands right now we are rock bottom in the premier league for shots at goal as a team (played 1 game less than a few teams but that isn't the point). It is clear to see where the problem is but let's blame Auba for not scoring at his usual rate.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom