• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Also @Macho what are the strengths to his game? If you’re going to say ‘passing’ please don’t. Guy plays 1 successful hollywood pass every 3 games. Fails doing it plenty of times and also misplaces a couple of easy 5 yard passes every game

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Also @Macho what are the strengths to his game? If you’re going to say ‘passing’ please don’t. Guy plays 1 successful hollywood pass every 3 games. Fails doing it plenty of times and also misplaces a couple of easy 5 yard passes every game
It’s been done to death not doing it. If you don’t like him that’s fair enough, I don’t particularly either just thought no strengths is overkill.

roz

Fake News Merchant
It’s been done to death not doing it. If you don’t like him that’s fair enough, I don’t particularly either just thought no strengths is overkill.
I don’t like him but that’s not the point Im trying to make. He’s a truly average plodder.

Bet he leaves an apple on Arteta’s desk every morning.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Yeah we have discussed that with his fan boys in this thread. The main ones they point out are:
1) Those lofted long balls he plays to the other end of the pitch. It comes with a condition that he needs plenty of time and space to do it. So it's hardly of any use to us in PL. Maybe useful against the EL farmers.
2) Positioning. This is where he is a better than someone like say a Torreira who is all over. Stats do support it. His clearances and headed clearances count are pretty high and interceptions are decent. But Flamini was better than him. This was the main reason why he regularly started for us because both Guendouzi and Torreira were poor in this aspect. But in absolute scales, he is just okish in positioning.
3) Leadership skills. Not much to comment. We know the kind of leader he is. Maybe a good leader for a team full of below average players.
4) Recycling - This is a skill which Xhaka fanboys invented just to just for him. It is a euphemism for passing back to gk and making sideways passes- Something for which Elneny gets slagged. At least Elneny makes those passes quickly.
So only positioning is a skill that he decent at. Everything else is questionable.
Compare that with his lack of mobility, pace, mistakes which led to goals, he is proper midtable player and that's where we are at.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Yeah we have discussed that with his fan boys in this thread. The main ones they point out are:
1) Those lofted long balls he plays to the other end of the pitch. It comes with a condition that he needs plenty of time and space to do it. So it's hardly of any use to us in PL. Maybe useful against the EL farmers.
2) Positioning. This is where he is a better than someone like say a Torreira who is all over. Stats do support it. His clearances and headed clearances count are pretty high and interceptions are decent. But Flamini was better than him. This was the main reason why he regularly started for us because both Guendouzi and Torreira were poor in this aspect. But in absolute scales, he is just okish in positioning.
3) Leadership skills. Not much to comment. We know the kind of leader he is. Maybe a good leader for a team full of below average players.
4) Recycling - This is a skill which Xhaka fanboys invented just to just for him. It is a euphemism for passing back to gk and making sideways passes- Something for which Elneny gets slagged. At least Elneny makes those passes quickly.
So only positioning is a skill that he decent at. Everything else is questionable.
Compare that with his lack of mobility, pace, mistakes which led to goals, he is proper midtable player and that's where we are at.
Think the positioning one is fair enough though I kind of feel its negated somewhat by his unwillingness to move into space when we have the ball. I always think of it as him hiding as he doesn’t want to receive the ball under pressure.

Recycling :lol:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
4) Recycling - This is a skill which Xhaka fanboys invented just to just for him. It is a euphemism for passing back to gk and making sideways passes- Something for which Elneny gets slagged. At least Elneny makes those passes quickly.So only positioning is a skill that he decent at. Everything else is questionable.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

no stats, no facts, no objective analysis .. just yards and yards of "feelings"

now that they cant shoot from tierneys shoulder, this is rather desperate trolling .. which is rather pointless.

Buy good midfielders and bench him, why blame him. He anyway showed the hater brigade the middle finger in front of the whole world.. and showed them how puny they are in reality.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

now that they cant shoot from tierneys shoulder, this is rather desperate trolling .. which is rather pointless.

Buy good midfielders and bench him, why blame him. He anyway showed the hater brigade the middle finger in front of the whole world.. and showed them how puny they are in reality.
We have pointed out stats on each and every topic I mentioned, in this same thread. If you want, you can browse through the older posts.
We already have midfielders who benched him. Elneny benched him. We are calling out a bad player a bad player. If you call that hatred, so be it. Can't take someone who starts every post with three rofl emojis seriously. All the repeated posts you make here can be automated with a bot. If you can't make a decent argument instead of calling everyone haters, I don't think anyone will take you seriously. As of now, your arguments just look like that of a drunk teenage girl.

Miyata

Ffs Xhaka is bang average get over it. He comes from a subtop bundesliga team with good reason.

kash2

We have pointed out stats on each and every topic I mentioned, in this same thread. If you want, you can browse through the older posts.
We already have midfielders who benched him. Elneny benched him. We are calling out a bad player a bad player. If you call that hatred, so be it. Can't take someone who starts every post with three rofl emojis seriously. All the repeated posts you make here can be automated with a bot. If you can't make a decent argument instead of calling everyone haters, I don't think anyone will take you seriously. As of now, your arguments just look like that of a drunk teenage girl.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
there is no argument. make a statement and back it up with sources and stats. dont wail and whine and rant and rave like and keep spreading hate and division among the club. Its idiotic

RacingPhoton

Established Member
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
there is no argument. make a statement and back it up with sources and stats. dont wail and whine and rant and rave like and keep spreading hate and division among the club. Its idiotic
We have already backed it up with stats. You are free to browse the old pages and get them. You are the one who is crying like a ***** right now. We are all happy because Xhaka is already relegated to bench and will be out of the club soon :popcorn:

kash2

We have already backed it up with stats. You are free to browse the old pages and get them. You are the one who is crying like a ***** right now. We are all happy because Xhaka is already relegated to bench and will be out of the club soon :popcorn:

nah.you have no point and you have no statement to make. All you have is hate ... good he showed the middle finger.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

nah.you have no point and you have no statement to make. All you have is hate ... good he showed the middle finger.
I actually felt the same way when Ade did that celebration in front of us for Man City after some of the stuff our fans sang about him around that time :lol:

I slated Xhaka for that but I am sure it must be very tempting.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Guy isn’t even a starter anymore, why all the passa?

This basically…

...PTSD never goes away, my dude...the fear will always be there of him becoming a starter again.

"It's those eyes...the ""I'm going to give away the ball needlessly and open us up to a counter attack"" eyes."

kash2

I actually felt the same way when Ade did that celebration in front of us for Man City after some of the stuff our fans sang about him around that time :lol:

I slated Xhaka for that but I am sure it must be very tempting.
the intoxication of being able to abuse without repercussion does cause many "fans" to lose their minds and get an inflated sense of importance, thinking they can make or break careers.

They need periodic reminders like Xhaka's finger.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
the intoxication of being able to abuse without repercussion does cause many "fans" to lose their minds and get an inflated sense of importance, thinking they can make or break careers.

They need periodic reminders like Xhaka's finger.
Fans have all the rights. They pay his salary.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I've never agreed with this thinking to be honest. Also, there are no fans and the club is still alive and kicking isn't it.
And where do they get the money from? In the end it is the fans who pay money for watching football on TV/stadium, buying merchandise etc. Advertisers pay money so that fans can see their brands. In the end, football is entertainment for fans. The clubs are already lobbying to get fans back to stadium. Aren't they?
When fans spend so much of time and money to watch a match and they see poor performances by a player, they have all the right to call it out. I am not in anyway condoning the abuse thrown at him or his family on social media. But calling out poor performers is not just something specific to football. It happens everywhere. Be it work or business. If Xhaka can't handle that, he has no business being a football player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom