• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You know how I get when it comes to Lacazette shouldn't have @'d me :lol:
I dunno why I poked the bear tbh.

Somedays I'm good for our sparring, today I'm just not up to it - the favourite colour thing made me dig deep and I had to draw for the butt jokes, kudos. :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I dunno why I poked the bear tbh.

Somedays I'm good for our sparring, today I'm just not up to it - the favourite colour thing made me dig deep and I had to draw for the butt jokes, kudos. :lol:

Tbh I don't even like getting onto Lacazette because it's become too mainstream but he triggers something in me I dunno why, think I need therapy.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police

Tbh I don't even like getting onto Lacazette because it's become too mainstream but he triggers something in me I dunno why, think I need therapy. I want your ****.

Wtf is going on here?!?! Stop bonding on football forums ffs

scytheavatar

Established Member
Was going to post something similar. I get annoyed in match threads and he is basically useless now but his body has let him down. He has aged very quickly. Not sure I've seen a pro deteriorate so quickly? He looks much older than 29...

It's because Arteta doesn't want a striker who can score goals, he wants a striker who can run a lot. And Laca has weak cardio and gas out every game. Laca is a terrible fit for the type of striker that modern day managers are looking for, in a way he's the type of player who is getting kicked out of modern day football just like Özil. He plays best as a poacher who can contribute a bit to buildup, not as a Welbeck. The fact that our management is slow to realize this shows how much of a slowpoke they have become.

Jack Russell

Tbh I don't even like getting onto Lacazette because it's become too mainstream but he triggers something in me I dunno why, think I need therapy.
It’s an odd one because he’s a trier, if anything. What you’re seeing is all he can currently muster. That’d be enough to trigger me without having to wonder.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...scoring in 5 away games in a row...Lacazette seeing this...

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Out of interest, when Arteta finally gets around to dropping Lacazette, starts Aubameyang in the middle and our best and only chance in 90 mins is still a solitary cross from Tierney, which may or may not be a goal..

What are you gonna say then? I’d actually like to know.
I'd still really like to know.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Came on today and did nothing. Its the name of his game now.
but the first 81 mins + Leeds first half?

Crossing to Aubameyang lol

Can we finally admit that the complete crumble of our attack isn't solely down to Lacazette? Or you guys not ready for that convo?

I think we have to look livier and have more actions than with Lacazette for sure. It's a little bit more fluid even if it's a long way off.

The crossing concerns me but it's still a better idea than having washed up Lacazette up top IMO.

novar

We're nothing without Lacazette and Willian. Learn to pick your players to hate, it's not quite rocket science.

greekgooner

Player:Martinelli
meanwhile the inferior striker to lacazette scores 4 goals at 34 against sevilla away(and he completed the whole 90 mins)

TinFish

Why did we give away Giroud for Laca....he was always the better player. Quite consistent and offered another approach to our game when things wernt working out.

For Lacazette he is like Willian...invisible and barely contributes to anything. We really messed up by getting rid of Giroud. He would compliment this David Moyes style of play massively with the amount of crosses we are trying to ping in.

greekgooner

Player:Martinelli
Giroud and mertezacker are the most underated players of all time. giroud at 34 is still at peak form and he has animus thats very rare for a player at this age. Wish we have him all those years...

Wryer

The hardest thing to take now is that people don't have any expectations of Lacazette. People don't even single him out for criticisms anymore.

A 50m player playing with no expectations. Really?

It's not his fault we chose to pay this price, but this is mismanagement of the highest level.

And he is not the only one right now.

pikey2000

Can we finally admit that the complete crumble of our attack isn't solely down to Lacazette? Or you guys not ready for that convo?

Yep ill agree with that, never truly thought it was all Laca, though he hasn't been great, but sticking Auba central as made no difference.

To me the issue not the striker but the system, we seem to be intent on spamming crosses into the box, and despite the fact that none of our strikers, wingers or CM's are aerially a threat we still continue to spam those crosses in aerially....makes absolutely no sense.

If we are going to continue with the crossing game they either need to be cut backs along the ground where Auba, the opposite winger or heaven forbit a CM can get a shot off on goal, or fast low crosses into the box where the likes of Auba/Laca just need to deflect it into the net.

Aerial crosses are pointless with our playing squad, may as well just give the ball back to the opposition, unless its a set piece or corner where we can the CB's forward.

Crosses aside, we need way more movement up top to be effective, and more runners from midfield to help create space for the likes of Auba/Laca, at the moment its way to rigid and their are left isolated trying to find space in amongst 3 or 4 opposition players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom