• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Fighting Until The End

Legend14

Established Member
tumblr_ng50lfwf2C1tmcmg4o1_400.gif
Nice. Too funny.

akhil

Didn’t hear sh*t when he was winning cups. 13 PL games, so what. We just started.

What is an actual positive that Arteta's responsible for? Anything in those 13 games?

Is there any direction/style of play that looks optimistic to you?

Has he improved any of the players specifically?

Yeah after the restart, he parked the bus and nicked a goal to get the results last season. But what about this year? We're a 13 games into the season, it's a reasonable sample size.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Those Leno quotes really make me wonder what's going on inside or club. They come across as adamant it's a behavioural issues and not Arteta

I realise he'll be an Arteta man after he was backed over Martinez in the summer but still...

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Oh, and Tierney said this the other day:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55297437

Kieran Tierney said Arsenal "deserved" to be booed off after being stunned at home by Burnley, so just how bad is the situation for the Gunners right now?

"We are not showing the manager what we can do and how much we believe in him," said Scotland international Tierney

Maybe some players aren't happy with the application from other sections of the squad.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

They can moan all they like they are all crap tbh. Leno and Tierney included.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Oh yes saka crap
He did ball watch for the goal, Leno kinda has a point.

Not being funny, but everyone swore Bellerin, Xhaka, Willian and Lacazette were the reason we weren’t winning. Well, they had nothing to do with this and same problems remained.

Pop Tart

Established Member

Not being funny, but everyone swore Bellerin, Xhaka and Lacazette were the reason we weren’t winning. Well, they had nothing to do with this.
Yeah I agree with the 3 players mentioned. They are scapegoats when all of the team has been piss poor this season. Bellerin had some decent early games with a few assists but that is overlooked because of a agenda. I like saka but he is playing too much but we are so crap we are forced to play him all the time. Yeah saka and Tierney should of done better for the goal. Saka needs to improve on his shot and headers

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Not being funny, but everyone swore Bellerin, Xhaka, Willian and Lacazette were the reason we weren’t winning. Well, they had nothing to do with this and same problems remained.
Bellerin Xhaka and Lacazette have been crap for either a very long time or for most of their Arsenal careers. When you look at the starting XI the young ones rightly get treated with more patience, so do newer acquisitions as well as people like Auba who has done amazing stuff for us before.

Bellerin, Xhaka and Lacazette have proven they don't belong here. But I don't think they are the main reason for losing. The team is messed up in general. And in terms of Willian he gets scapegoated because he is another ex-Chelsea player, he is old, and has a long contract here. He certainly has not been good but no else has in our entire attack so it's slightly unfair at times.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
They can moan all they like they are all crap tbh. Leno and Tierney included.
I think Leno has been extremely brave and is showing some leadership qualities in what he said. He's not been the best this season but hasnt done too much wrong, and he is tryna fire this stupid squad up. I don't fault him personally, he's echoing what I have been saying for a while now.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Bellerin Xhaka and Lacazette have been crap for either a very long time or for most of their Arsenal careers. When you look at the starting XI the young ones rightly get treated with more patience, so do newer acquisitions as well as people like Auba who has done amazing stuff for us before.

Bellerin, Xhaka and Lacazette have proven they don't belong here. But I don't think they are the main reason for losing. The dressing room is messed up in general. And in terms of Willian he gets scapegoated because he is another ex-Chelsea player, he is old, and has a long contract here. He has certainly not been good but no else has in our entire attack so it's slightly unfair at times.
It’s a popularity contest it’s all bullocks tbh. People will big up their favourites and cherry pick but absolutely nobody has been good enough. Even Saka tbh, that guy needs a rest.

They all should be embarrassed. Fans included, they will pressure the manager to start ESR and Balogun next and they will also come in and do sweet f*ck all as well.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It’s a popularity contest it’s all bullocks tbh. People will big up their favourites and cherry pick but absolutely nobody has been good enough. Even Saka tbh, that guy needs a rest.

They all should be embarrassed. Fans included, they will pressure the manager to start ESR and Balogun next and they will also come in and do sweet f*ck all as well.
Yeh I agree with this, I don't get what people are bothering with asking to play all these young players in the PL all of a sudden. The manager is under pressure and wants results. If he thought a bunch of kids would come in and tear it up and win games he would have done it, but the fact is you can't bring in such inexperienced players and expect them to perform when the conditions are terrible for them. You only get a Saka every few years, mostly players aren't going to be doing much straight from the academy.

Seems like some people think nitpicking what individuals should play is gonna completely elevate the team and suddenly make us play slick football. We all do it to an extent but at the end of the day we are getting out of this rut if our players gain some confidence and pick their sorry asses up because they're being real pussies right now, the lot of them. Changing a player here or there in the lineup won't make much change to that.

Legend14

Established Member
What is an actual positive that Arteta's responsible for? Anything in those 13 games?

Is there any direction/style of play that looks optimistic to you?

Has he improved any of the players specifically?

Yeah after the restart, he parked the bus and nicked a goal to get the results last season. But what about this year? We're a 13 games into the season, it's a reasonable sample size.
Oh, other than the much improved defensive organization, there isn’t anything exciting to report about, which is why we are sitting 15th, But I think the sample size is too small for a long term process.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeh I agree with this, I don't get what people are bothering with asking to play all these young players in the PL all of a sudden. The manager is under pressure and wants results. If he thought a bunch of kids would come in and tear it up and win games he would have done it, but the fact is you can't bring in such inexperienced players and expect them to perform when the conditions are terrible for them. You only get a Saka every few years, mostly players aren't going to be doing much straight from the academy.

Seems like some people think nitpicking what individuals should play is gonna completely elevate the team and suddenly make us play slick football. We all do it to an extent but at the end of the day we are getting out of this rut if our players gain some confidence and pick their sorry asses up because they're being real pussies right now, the lot of them. Changing a player here or there in the lineup won't make much change to that.

Calling bullshit. Without Tierney dislocating his shoulder, Kolasinac being a permanent crock, and Nacho getting sold, Saka would still most likely be considered a risk and only getting minutes in Europa league / cup games.

Nobody, even @MutableEarth would’ve forecast him being in the full England team 12 months later. He’s worked hard and an intelligent lad but he got experience and trust, that’s it - he’s now worth probably north of £50m.

Nobody’s asking for the young players to save our season or all be thrown in at once, we just want to see Mikel give them a look in where there’s a genuine niche their skill set could address. Try something different other than like for like swapping Laca for Eddie or rotating Ceballos, Elneny and Xhaka but keeping the same shape.

Azeez for 20 minutes off the bench in a game we’re struggling to progress the ball from deep. ESR for half an hour when we need someone to get the ball on the half turn and drive into the box. Willock and AMN in midfield when we need more dynamism and physicality to disrupt opponents with movement and pressing, Balogun when we need hold up play and power through the centre. Mix it up.

Saka’s younger than ESR who will be 21 next year, Nelson and Willock are 22 next year. AMN is 23. No more excuses.

This is the best generation of young talent in my time watching Arsenal and similarly the worst generation of seniors.

Logic dictates you use them a bit.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

You don't pick ESR or Balogun to do something at present, you pick them to build your future. You don't go to college to become a doctor so you can start earning money the same day. Arteta is a guy who will rather be a bricklayer today just to get a minimum salary instead of seeing things long term and becoming a doctor one day with a great future.
That's what you have here really, he is saving his job by ruining our long term prosperity.
Tbh, most of the fans are thinking like bricklayers as well as Arteta. When people say ESR or Nelson won' do anything today, but the alternatives are Willian and Laca, it's a bit of a loser mentality for me tbh.
No youngster in this team can be picked over Partey or Auba, but every youngster could/should be picked over Laca playing as a 10

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Things never fall into place. They are pushed into place. They are perfected and worked on into place. That's what separates the top managers and teams from the worst. Luck has little to do.

Have to disagree a little here with your last comment.

For Arteta himself in both these home games we were on the front foot looking like winning both games. Especially the Burnley game. Arteta cannot control Xhaka when he's on the pitch. It was unlucky for Arteta, we looked so threatening before both red cards.

At half time in both games whatever Arteta has said has worked. I think its a matter of time before we go on a run, we have been looking a lot better.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Have to disagree a little here with your last comment.

For Arteta himself in both these home games we were on the front foot looking like winning both games. Especially the Burnley game. Arteta cannot control Xhaka when he's on the pitch. It was unlucky for Arteta, we looked so threatening before both red cards.

At half time in both games whatever Arteta has said has worked. I think its a matter of time before we go on a run, we have been looking a lot better.

Against Leeds 11 v 11 they were better. Against Burnley 11 v 11 we were slow and lethargic and didnt create more than a couple of half chances. Against Soton in the first half they were controlling the game and had more possession than us. They were the team dictating play. Not us.

While Arteta hasnt had luck with the reds had his team been performing the way they are capable of and had been a goal or two up in the first half those reds from Pepe and Xhaka probably dont happen.

Against Wolves we had 11 on the pitch and were horrible. Against Villa we had 11 on the pitch and were smashed.

We will play Everton with 11 this weekend and you and I couldnt expect more than a draw. The football is crap, the results are non existent and it's one big pressure pot boiling at the minute. It will spill over. Arguably it already has.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think we would have won the last 2 games if it weren't for the red cards, he's getting unlucky there.

But we didnt beat Villa and Wolves with 11 men. Theres absolutely no grounds to think we win either of the last 2 matches with 11 men.

And if we are better why arent we able to go in front against these teams? Everyone else can be in front at half time but Arsenal no? That in itself is a huge problem that leads to frustrated players. Always having to scrap for a draw.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom