• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah the kids ran more and pashun and playing for the badge and all that stuff that people only care about when you’re not winning but what happens when we can’t rely on set pieces and wonder goals/mishit crosses?

Is the view that the kids are going to save our season or is it more about getting them the minutes they need seeing as this season is write-off?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Is the view that the kids are going to save our season or is it more about getting them the minutes they need seeing as this season is write-off?
The Athletic and every journo going is basically saying the youth will save our season and Willian, Laca, Xhaka are the reason we are losing.

Me personally? I’m more like play the youth knowing they won’t do sh*t but atleast we might get another Saka or two out of it.

For the all sh*t people talked about Emery, atleast he gave us Saka, Martilleni and Guendouzi before the latter got banished.

So far Arteta has offered a couple weeks of a respectable Ceballos who’s going this summer anyways?

Xhaka another chance despite possibly going this summer anyways?

Made Mustafi look some what coachable last season and giving him minutes here and there this season but he’s going this su... you get my drift anyways.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This season is pretty much done for us, it can’t be saved therefore it should just be about giving the younger players minutes. The likes of Willock, Nketiah, Nelson etc so it can up their value just in time for us to ship them out in the summer similar to when we sold Iwobi for 35m and Liverpool sold Rhian Brewster for 23m to Sheffield Utd last summer.

Tbf our minimum objective this season should have been to get a CL spot but obviously that won’t be happening, so we might aswell benefit from advertising our players who we can upgrade on.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Also, I think Chambers needs more minutes too as soon as he’s fit.

Need him to have a injury free 5/6 months with a bit of decent form and then we can ship him out next summer since we’re getting no fee for bums like Mustafi, Sokratis, Luiz, Cedric etc they’ll walk out for free.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This season is pretty much done for us, it can’t be saved therefore it should just be about giving the younger players minutes. The likes of Willock, Nketiah, Nelson etc so it can up their value just in time for us to ship them out in the summer similar to when we sold Iwobi for 35m and Liverpool sold Rhian Brewster for 23m to Sheffield Utd last summer.

Tbf our minimum objective this season should have been to get a CL spot but obviously that won’t be happening, so we might aswell benefit from advertising our players who we can upgrade on.
Okay that makes sense then, probably the best thing to do considering this shambles of a season.

This is where having a Ragnick would make sense, someone who can combine the economic and football side of things. I can’t see Edu telling Arteta to put the youngsters in the shop window but it’s exactly what we need to do.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Also, I think Chambers needs more minutes too as soon as he’s fit.

Defo.

As soon as he's fit Mustafi should not play a single minute. He's leaving in the summer is he not? So he is not in the shop window and he should not be sniffing the pitch.

If Arteta insists that Saliba "isn't ready" then at least play someone that is staying ahead of Mustafi.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

If you are 21 and is in the Arsenal team, should Artera play you every week so that the club could sell you at £200 instead of £100??

I don't rate iwobi that much, but nketiah/willock/niles are not even half as talented. What's the point of playing shxt players and they keep playing shxt?

They will not be sold anywhere near the iwobi price because 1) they are not as “good”, and 2) no other club will be as stupid as everton to pay that much for walcott and iwobi.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Tbh Arteta has mostly made his reputation for beating up the big boys. So beating Chelsea wasn't much of a surprise. The cynic in me still feels like he has learned anything. Let's not lie to ourselves, if Willian was fit one of ESR, Saka or Martinelli is getting benched. This isn't a victory for youth just yet. When he learns to trust them and stick with them like he did with the loser brigade then we can say he's properly changed

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If you are 21 and is in the Arsenal team, should Artera play you every week so that the club could sell you at £200 instead of £100??

I don't rate iwobi that much, but nketiah/willock/niles are not even half as talented. What's the point of playing shxt players and they keep playing shxt?

They will not be sold anywhere near the iwobi price because 1) they are not as “good”, and 2) no other club will be as stupid as everton to pay that much for walcott and iwobi.

tenor.gif

Did you just say AMN is shxt and isn’t as talented as Iwobi?! You must be smoking spice ffs.

Personally, I think we could get 15-20m for Nketiah especially considering his age, counting as a HG player and his form for the U21s. All we need for him is to get 10 goals in the PL and interest will start to gather. Also if we manage to get 10m for Willock and possibly 15m for Reiss Nelson then that will be 40-45m from three players that who we can afford to lose.

Liverpool have been doing great at this lately. They sold Jordan Ibe, Brewster, Harry Wilson, Hoever (who didn’t play a game in the PL) etc all for decent fees.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
tenor.gif

Did you just say AMN is shxt and isn’t as talented as Iwobi?! You must be smoking spice ffs.

Personally, I think we could get 15-20m for Nketiah especially considering his age, counting as a HG player and his form for the U21s. All we need for him is to get 10 goals in the PL and interest will start to gather. Also if we manage to get 10m for Willock and possibly 15m for Reiss Nelson then that will be 40-45m from three players that who we can afford to lose.

Liverpool have been doing great at this lately. They sold Jordan Ibe, Brewster, Harry Wilson, Hoever (who didn’t play a game in the PL) etc all for decent fees.
YES.

scytheavatar

Established Member
What I was saying was the general consensus among the anti Arteta fans over the previous months has been that ultimately the poor results have been on the manager. He's the one that picks the team and sets them up.

All that I'm asking is that the same standard that is being used by them is held to when we pull off a good result too, the manager should get the ultimate credit.

Every manager worthy of respect should want his players to take all the credit for good results and himself to take all the blame for poor results. Look at Ferguson and Wenger. Any manager who doesn't want this standard will find himself losing his players very quickly.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool was 6th the season before. Do some research before you reply. Unless you want to go back to the 2 seasons before Arteta came in and talk about how we finished 5th as a reference.
I'm sorry I'm not sure what you're getting at here. It sounds like you're literally agreeing with me that the team nearly won the league. They finished 2nd, then 6th. Rodgers got fired Klopp took over a team that near went the distance and the manager he was replacing was sacked because he under performed.

If we go back 2 seasons ago we finished 5th. 3 seasons ago it was 6th. So yes Klopp inherited a team that challenged for the league (which you agreed with (I think?)). So again I ask and I apologise in advance what are you getting at when it seems like you agreed with me?

Fwiw. In his first full season he (klopp) finished 8th. Since you want numbers. The biggest challenge he faced, similar to Rodgers, was the loss of Suarez and Sterling. But he inherited by and large a team that performed well but that needed replacing. Not to dissimilar to Arteta only starting from a much lower base.

Last edited:

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Just read an article there that says a group of senior players are questioning Arteta over his decision to leave Özil out. Some think that's a decision from above (I don't) but if it is then its absolutely understandable that the board back Arteta.

Jae

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you're getting at here. It sounds like you're literally agreeing with me that the team nearly won the league. They finished 2nd, then 6th. Rodgers got fired Klopp took over a team that near went the distance and the manager he was replacing was sacked because he under performed.

It was 2nd place by 2 points as well. They literally had it on a plate that season but spewed it in the last couple of games.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
They finished 2nd, then 6th. Rodgers got fired Klopp took over a team that near went the distance and the manager he was replacing was sacked because he under performed.

Not commenting on anything else or even that I disagree with your main point but there are quite a few things incorrect in your post. For a start Klopp didn't inherit the title challenging side. They lost Suarez, their biggest weapon. They also sold Sterling. Gerard retired. Sturridge only started 6 games because of injuries. So that is half of that great team who weren't available for Klopp.
In his first full season he (klopp) finished 8th.

Klopp finished 4th in his first full season. He finished 8th the season he took over midway from rodgers. Took over Liverpool in 10th, finished 8th.

Edit: I see you have mentioned the loss of Suarez and Sterling now.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Not commenting on anything else or even that I disagree with your main point but there are quite a few things incorrect in your post. For a start Klopp didn't inherit the title challenging side. They lost Suarez, their biggest weapon. They also sold Sterling. Gerard retired. Sturridge only started 6 games because of injuries. So that is half of that great team who weren't available for Klopp.

Klopp finished 4th in his first full season. He finished 8th the season he took over midway from rodgers. Took over Liverpool in 10th, finished 8th.

Edit: I see you have mentioned the loss of Suarez and Sterling now.
Stand corrected on the 8th. My bad. Other than that I stand by what I wrote.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

You have to feel sorry for Gerrard. One club man, all his life he has been dreaming of winning the title for his club. Finally after so long it is firmly in their hands....only for him to literally slip and throw it all away.

Mind you, the universe seems to really have it in for him. His last game ever for Liverpool....6-1 loss. To no other than f*cking Stoke. How much banter can one man take? :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom