• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Isco

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Once again: I dont think we can spend any significant money next month. We basically emptied the transfer kitty when we signed Partey and therefore we primarily have to use loans, free transfers and money we get from sales in january. You dont really think that Kroenke will inject his own money, right? He has never done that.

Last edited:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Would want to see isco fully fit and in shape before even considering signing him.

But no doubt he's a quality player. If you've noticed Zidane has a way of demotivating players, he's still in his prime age worth a punt till th end of the season.

Also forget about Özil, he's out because of none footballing reasons and being a bit of a tit.

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

James is the only thing giving me hope here. A similar type of situation and he looked good for Everton. You have to hope Isco can do the same.
Not to start, but look at James' manager lol.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
A 6 month loan makes sense to me. We're talking about obtaining a multiple Champions League winner. A Multiple World Club Cup winner, and, a multiple domestic cup and league winner. Our younger players can like Smith Rowe, Willock, Saka, Nketiah, would love to play alonsgside someone with those credentials to learn from. This will taske us up until summer so we can get our number 1 target (Aouar).

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Isco of their CL winning campaign was probably the best attacking mid in the world for certain patches and alongside Marcelo and Benzema the most important player in some of their big games.

Just no idea what's left of this player.
I dont like taking chances on such a player now, and solely getting Isco would be a **** window, but if he does get half of his former best back, he's one of the best in the league already.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Denis Suarez mark II, two stone heavier, out of form, and on massive wages.

If our January loans are true to form, this will be made permanent and we’ll be stuck with an older player on massive wages.

Why does the club feels like it needs to bloat the wage bill just as it’s getting streamlined.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Better than overspending for players that's really not worth much money get Isco on loan and let him rotate with ESR until end of season in summer we have to get 1-2 creative mids.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The big difference between Isco and James is that James was regularly on loan and playing well. Isco has just sat on the bench rotting away. Wouldn't touch him as to me it suggests he lacks motivation to actually play. He started 15 games last season and 11 the season before in the league. In comparison Bale started 12 and 21 games in the league. Bale is a superior player moving to a club he previously played for. Isco has never played outside Spain. Bale has struggled on his return.

Its a no for me.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Denis Suarez mark II, two stone heavier, out of form, and on massive wages.

If our January loans are true to form, this will be made permanent and we’ll be stuck with an older player on massive wages.

Why does the club feels like it needs to bloat the wage bill just as it’s getting streamlined.
similar deal yeah but Isco is 10x better than Denis Suarez i don't remember Suarez been important player for Barca unlike Isco who was until last 2 years seem the club just don't want to overspend this January.

El Duderino

Better than overspending for players that's really not worth much money get Isco on loan and let him rotate with ESR until end of season in summer we have to get 1-2 creative mids.

But how much do you think he can actually contribute? Why tempt it being made permanent.

Buendía is a much better option than him and Brandt and is better for the squad overall, seeing as Ceballos, Xhaka and Elneny could all be out the door at the end of the season.

El Duderino

similar deal yeah but Isco is 10x better than Denis Suarez i don't remember Suarez been important player for Barca unlike Isco who was until last 2 years seem the club just don't want to overspend this January.

2 years ago Yousif. Rather play Özil on that basis.

There’s very little upside to this when you factor the odds of it being made permanent given our recent January history.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
But how much do you think he can actually contribute? Why tempt it being made permanent.

Buendía is a much better option than him and Brandt and is better for the squad overall, seeing as Ceballos, Xhaka and Elneny could all be out the door at the end of the season.

I dont think we can afford Buendia unless we sell.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

i don't think we'll make it Permanent unless he got to his old form also because he'll be 29 years old in 2021 so it's another reason why we will make it permanent but with this club nothing is impossible so i hope it just a short term fix for me i'll just bring Özil back last 6 months

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
2 years ago Yousif. Rather play Özil on that basis.

There’s very little upside to this when you factor the odds of it being made permanent given our recent January history.
yep me too, we saw what going on with Bale it been waste of 20M from Sp**s i just don't know i hope club just look for better players available or maybe bring someone else with Isco.

El Duderino

I dont think we can afford Buendia unless we sell.

The recent value quoted was 15m, which is probably 10-15 million of what we would have to pay.

Looks like Mustafi and Sokratis are leaving, can also see Chambers and other players being loaned out, like Nelson.

Luiz is already being phased out, there’s plenty of money being saved there. Kroenkes might as well do what they did with Partey and get the money in through KSE in some fashion again.

Most importantly, the club has to bite the bullet now and start the squad building earlier, since we are bound to have a lot of turn over between now and the next season.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A 6 month loan makes sense to me. We're talking about obtaining a multiple Champions League winner. A Multiple World Club Cup winner, and, a multiple domestic cup and league winner. Our younger players can like Smith Rowe, Willock, Saka, Nketiah, would love to play alonsgside someone with those credentials to learn from. This will taske us up until summer so we can get our number 1 target (Aouar).
Problem is, Isco hasn’t been great since 2018. He clearly has had weight issues and hasn’t performed to his potential which to some extent speaks to his work ethic. Not necessarily the role model we would want for our young players. It’s all well and good his wanting to leave for playing time, but we need someone to hit the ground running, otherwise what are we gaining?

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom